Return of the Porg - A June 2018 TR *updated 6/24 Epic DISmeet highlights day 7 COMPLETED!*

August Trip Planning part 4!

4 days until I leave for Disney World!

I'm working tonight, and the next two nights, so I spent my Saturday packing, doing laundry, and cleaning house! This is the earliest I've ever packed before!

Leia really wants to stowaway and come with me. She tried to sneak into my backpack, and then lounged around on some packing cubes, trying to remind me to take her!
43679009712_17c94a31cb_c.jpg

43679013212_588edc6ca9_c.jpg

I have Wednesday the 1st off, but I work the night before and get off at 7:15 that AM. My flight on Thursday is at 5:10 AM :scared1: So I'm thinking that I'll just take a short nap when I get off work so that I can switch to a day shift schedule. OR I'll just stay up after work, which sounds awful. Either way, I won't be very energetic or productive so I'm glad I got my packing done. Night shift can be so challenging!

I do need to stop at Target and buy some gift cards to pay the rest of my room when I arrive, but otherwise my errands are basically done! :thumbsup2

I thought I commented on your TR but I guess not! Glad I found this one and super excited for you heading out on your next trip! We go back in November and I'm so excited!

Just have to say real quick, your cat is adorable!

That photo of Chewie eating the Porg is hilarious! Sounds like a really fun meet, which is good since the Kylo one sounded mediocre.

What a beautiful rainbow! Wow, that looked awesome and that last shot you posted with the sky almost purple from the sunset was great. Good thing your dad had that beer so you didn't miss such a sight!

Oh my goodness, your trip is almost here! Have an amazing time!! I can't imagine switching back and forth between nights and days like that—I don't envy you! But doing it for Disney will make it all worthwhile. :)

Omg those Chewie pics are amazing!! Him eating the porg :rotfl:

I am a sucker for sunsets too! I always love seeing your pics of them :) Omg and the rainbow!! How beautiful!

I hope you have the most fantastic trip!!! :banana:

Thanks for sharing your trip report. As a father of a 14 year old, I love the fact that you travel and spent quality time with your father. Cats love luggage, don't they?

I got behind in my comments because I had been reading on my phone, which doesn't play nice with multi-quote.
After yet another unsuccessful stalking of TSL Dad and I met back up at Star Tours. Actually not sure what he was doing that whole time :scratchin
My guess??
:drinking1

Threepio was unconscious, but somehow still talking.
28234079627_1f6f77865e_c.jpg

Well that is marginally horrifying!!! WAKE UP C3PO!!!

After all these interactions still there was no one else in line. Olaf tried to look outside for the people, but he didn’t have his snow flurry so he couldn’t go out. He really dragged out the meet as long as possible, which made it extra fun. I made sure to blow him kisses when we finally had to say goodbye!
:lovestruc What a great meet! And how unexpected that Olaf had no line, I know a ton of kids are obsessed with him and you can only meet him there!

Our return time was then good, so we headed back to Toy Story Mania. It was all very confusing, I had no idea where the entrance was but we eventually figured it out.
What in the heck Disney, that looks so confusing!

Then we posed for photos, which is awkward, cause they just stand beside you. So I did my best intimidating face. And it’s not great.
They are a little awkward... and scary! I tend to run and hide! :darth:

The CM and Chewie spent a lot of time discussing how best to eat Porgs, which was just horrifying.
:scared1:

I hope you covered the Porg's.... ears...? Do porgs have ears?... brb off to google.

(Still unclear after a quick search)

We met Kylo next. It was really brief, and not intimidating. Instead of a love and shove it was a bit of a brood and shove. He had zero wait, so not sure why he was in such a hurry.
Maybe he had to go potty? Rude, Ren, rude!

We were going to head out of the park but Dad had a full beer, and the sun was starting to set and if you haven’t figured it out yet, I’m a sucker for a sunset.
:cloud9: for good reason, all of your photos from this installment are just lovely!

Up next: lots more sunset photos!
Yay, can't wait!

That meet with Chewie was awesome!

On the way out of Launch Bay I noticed Rose Tico’s belongings on display. I loved her, and the Star Wars community was so terrible to the actress who played her.
42384627944_93727c76fe_c.jpg
I know - I hate those internet trolls who claim to be fans. So, just because the whole franchise isn't made up of white men, they have to make life a living hell for everyone else!

Basically one day until I leave! Gonna try to finish up the DHS day when I get home from work!

I thought I commented on your TR but I guess not! Glad I found this one and super excited for you heading out on your next trip! We go back in November and I'm so excited!

Thank you!!!

November is such a great time to go, do you have a PTR?

Just have to say real quick, your cat is adorable!

That photo of Chewie eating the Porg is hilarious! Sounds like a really fun meet, which is good since the Kylo one sounded mediocre.

What a beautiful rainbow! Wow, that looked awesome and that last shot you posted with the sky almost purple from the sunset was great. Good thing your dad had that beer so you didn't miss such a sight!

I'm definitely biased, but I enthusiastically agree!

I was so happy the PP CM got a picture of it! It was a great meet, and it seemed really long! Definitely balanced out the blah Kylo meet!

It was soooo beautiful. Very thankful we didn't leave right away! Hopefully I get some more gorgeous skies in August!

Oh my goodness, your trip is almost here! Have an amazing time!! I can't imagine switching back and forth between nights and days like that—I don't envy you! But doing it for Disney will make it all worthwhile. :)

It is eeeek! Thank you!!

It is quite difficult to switch back and forth. Disney does make it a little more worthwhile though!

Looking forward to your report. And your cat is so adorable:love:

Thanks for joining in!! And thanks, I'm pretty obsessed with her (and my other cat! She just wasn't interested in the packing process)

Omg those Chewie pics are amazing!! Him eating the porg :rotfl:

I am a sucker for sunsets too! I always love seeing your pics of them :) Omg and the rainbow!! How beautiful!

I hope you have the most fantastic trip!!! :banana:

Best Chewie meet ever!

You'll love the sunset pics coming up - they're unreal!!! And the rainbow was just such an added bonus!

Thank you!! I'm so excited!

Thanks for sharing your trip report. As a father of a 14 year old, I love the fact that you travel and spent quality time with your father. Cats love luggage, don't they?

Thanks for reading my TR! I hope you get to take father/daughter trips with your daughter sometime. It's really great!

And yesss, they're obsessed with luggage! It's the strangest thing!

I got behind in my comments because I had been reading on my phone, which doesn't play nice with multi-quote.

Unacceptable!

(I do that too!)

My guess??
:drinking1

I would bet that you are 100% correct. Now that I think about it he was either getting a drink at Brown Derby lounge, or Baseline.

Well that is marginally horrifying!!! WAKE UP C3PO!!!

Don't worry, he woke up later :rotfl2:

What a great meet! And how unexpected that Olaf had no line, I know a ton of kids are obsessed with him and you can only meet him there!

It was! Even though Sam has never seen Frozen. It really was super surprising to have no line... that's rare for any meet!

What in the heck Disney, that looks so confusing!

Super confusing! Luckily, that's all a thing of the past now!

They are a little awkward... and scary! I tend to run and hide! :darth:

I kinda follow along and watch them but have never been bold enough to approach before :laughing:

I hope you covered the Porg's.... ears...? Do porgs have ears?... brb off to google.

(Still unclear after a quick search)

They're like birds... do birds have ears? I think they do....

I don't think I was a very good Porg parent...

Maybe he had to go potty? Rude, Ren, rude!

Now I'm thinking of Kylo Ren using the bathroom... it is quite the visual :rotfl:

or good reason, all of your photos from this installment are just lovely!

Why thank you! I can't really take too much credit, the sky kinda did all the work

Yay, can't wait!

:hyper:

That meet with Chewie was awesome!

Definitely one of the best!

I know - I hate those internet trolls who claim to be fans. So, just because the whole franchise isn't made up of white men, they have to make life a living hell for everyone else!

RIGHT. It's so infuriating! I hope they use Rose even more in the next movie just to anger those so-called fans. (plus she was a great character)

Day 3 - June 23rd - Sunset Boulevard!

So I had just noticed the most amazing rainbow, and the other direction had this tragic view.
43099142332_be60f64419_c.jpg

42430472964_3aeaeab8ba_c.jpg

42244669175_dc99bf35c1_c.jpg

43099127332_a8f0ddc4f5_c.jpg

43099122452_c3e7ccfe7c_c.jpg

43099120762_25f7c5ab21_c.jpg

43099118112_dc09341cd4_c.jpg

43099116432_3a81b88bd2_c.jpg

Sunset Boulevard absolutely lives up to its name. Blew a Pandoran sunset out of the water.
41291854860_c878621c95_c.jpg

43148826501_8b58d5c88f_c.jpg

Dad finished his beer and even though I was still in awe of the sunset (can you tell by the bajillion photos I took? And I was even super selective with the photos I opted to share) we headed out of the park. Luckily (or unluckily, depending on how you feel about sunset photos) that just offered new vantage points of the sky.
43148821831_e3b979a8ae_c.jpg

29230558908_335a97a1f2_c.jpg

43148817941_d755a94185_c.jpg

42384493724_2c46e06bc3_c.jpg

I just can’t even. This still takes my breath away.
41338079660_a977b31aaf_c.jpg

The bus came within 5 minutes and ended my time with the sunset. This night we opted to get off at the Kidani bus stop so we could check out their pool.

The splash zone was really cute and elaborate!
29230710288_f289e34f3b_c.jpg

43052956552_021664fb75_c.jpg

Apparently my phone switched itself to square mode for a few photos.
43103076641_d8909d544f_c.jpg

41291848030_f3b922bb01_c.jpg

42384518834_6d3600a830_c.jpg

Loved this saying that decorated the pool.
43053070072_15b3cda23b_c.jpg

41291749530_2887a1f3d4_c.jpg

The Kidani Village pool area was really nice, overall! It’s a bit smaller than Jambo, but has great atmosphere and if I were a kid I’d never leave the splash zone!

Curiosity satisfied, we walked back to Jambo House.
There’s no place like home.
43052889972_39ff4d1c93_c.jpg

I browsed The Mara to see if I wanted anything to eat, but nothing sounded good so I just nibbled on my Karamell Kuche treats. The butter bar was really interesting and had a nice flavor, but it was SO greasy and that was a bit of a turn off. The dark chocolate caramel sea salt was delicious but super rich. I could never eat it in one sitting.

After that I went down to the pool to join Dad. I went down the water slide to enter the pool again and Dad told me that’s how he entered the pool too! I trained him well! After our swim and a shower it was time for our last night of sleep at Animal Kingdom Lodge. :sad:

Up next: farewell to Animal Kingdom Lodge, hello Contemporary!

Last edited:
Hi!

Just stopping by to let you know how much I enjoy reading your trip reports and looking at your pictures. Hope you have a good trip in August. I'll be following you down there for my own August adventure next week!

P.S. My porgs are infinitely jealous that your porg gets to travel and meet Chewie. I'll have to work extra hard to keep them from jumping in my luggage when I start packing! :)

Awesome sunset pictures! I hear you about night shift, ugh! I worked straight nights for 5 years then 12 hour shifts D/N for many years. The sleep day is a rough one.

How exciting to be off on a jet plane tomorrow for another awesome Disney trip! We have less than 2 weeks to go!

I hope the porg is heading down with you since kitty cant go!

Those sunset pictures are stunning. I especially love the ones in front of the entrance of DHS. It makes me want to go there and try a sunset right now! :goodvibes

Good to know about the Kidani splash zone. I now have to pick resorts based on their kid pools, and all I remembered AKL having was the tiny baby pool at Jambo. Completely forgot you could utilize the Kidani one. :thumbsup2

I have Wednesday the 1st off, but I work the night before and get off at 7:15 that AM. My flight on Thursday is at 5:10 AM :scared1: So I'm thinking that I'll just take a short nap when I get off work so that I can switch to a day shift schedule. OR I'll just stay up after work, which sounds awful.

Night shift can be so challenging!

Ugh…I totally empathize with you :hug: There is no worse feeling in the world. I did nights for nine years and it was just awful. I felt awful ALL the time. I've been back on days for maybe 4 years and I just fee so much better, even though I am much older. Hopefully you can switch to day shift at some point :-)

Sunset Boulevard absolutely lives up to its name. Blew a Pandoran sunset out of the water.

Those photos are breathtaking. DHS is amazing in the evening :love::worship:

Have a Magical TRIP!!

Well, I am back from another magical vacation, and have some major Disney blues. But don't worry, I took notes, and quite a few pictures so once I finish this TR I'll start up on another!

Holy smokes! What a beautiful sunset at DHS! Your photos captured it wonderfully. :lovestruc

Thank you! Definitely one of the best sunsets I've seen!

Ok you were right, those sunset pics are unreal!! My goodness, what an awesome sight to see!!!

Right? It was really incredible!

Hi!

Just stopping by to let you know how much I enjoy reading your trip reports and looking at your pictures. Hope you have a good trip in August. I'll be following you down there for my own August adventure next week!

P.S. My porgs are infinitely jealous that your porg gets to travel and meet Chewie. I'll have to work extra hard to keep them from jumping in my luggage when I start packing! :)

Hello!

Thanks so much for reading along! Have a wonderful vacation and be sure to let me know if you start a TR!

I say bring the Porgs along! They love vacations!

Awesome sunset pictures! I hear you about night shift, ugh! I worked straight nights for 5 years then 12 hour shifts D/N for many years. The sleep day is a rough one.

How exciting to be off on a jet plane tomorrow for another awesome Disney trip! We have less than 2 weeks to go!

I hope the porg is heading down with you since kitty cant go!

Yessss, nights are so rough! I like the extra pay, but it's a struggle!

I can't wait to read about your next trip, hopefully the weather isn't too hot for you!

The Porg was definitely in attendance, though he spent a lot of time at the room!

Those sunset pictures are stunning. I especially love the ones in front of the entrance of DHS. It makes me want to go there and try a sunset right now! :goodvibes

Good to know about the Kidani splash zone. I now have to pick resorts based on their kid pools, and all I remembered AKL having was the tiny baby pool at Jambo. Completely forgot you could utilize the Kidani one. :thumbsup2

Thank you! I love the entrance to DHS so those are probably some of my favorites too! I vote you go there and try for yourself!

Oh I bet your kids would LOVE the splash zone! I kind of wished I could play in it!

Ugh…I totally empathize with you :hug: There is no worse feeling in the world. I did nights for nine years and it was just awful. I felt awful ALL the time. I've been back on days for maybe 4 years and I just fee so much better, even though I am much older. Hopefully you can switch to day shift at some point :-)

I generally do ok with nights and I don't think I feel awful, but I also don't switch back and forth much. Some people switch back to days for just a couple days off and I know I'd feel awful if I did that! Hopefully someday soon I can switch to days, though. It'd be nice to have a more normal schedule.

Those photos are breathtaking. DHS is amazing in the evening :love::worship:

Have a Magical TRIP!!

Thank you!

I had a very magical trip and can't wait to share it!

Well, I am back from another magical vacation, and have some major Disney blues. But don't worry, I took notes, and quite a few pictures so once I finish this TR I'll start up on another

I'm happy and sad all at the same time! I'm sure you had a blast! How was the AP thing? Steve from the podcast seemed like it was pretty meh.

I'm happy and sad all at the same time! I'm sure you had a blast! How was the AP thing? Steve from the podcast seemed like it was pretty meh.

It’s your turn for a trip now!

It was pretty meh, especially after the Disney After Hours the night before. And Disney must not know its audience because the Peoplemover wasn’t open! I guess overall it was a nice gesture, but I would have liked to see them do something special at the event, like unique characters, or special/free snacks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!