Return of the Porg - A June 2018 TR *updated 6/24 Epic DISmeet highlights day 7 COMPLETED!*

Thank you! I use my iPhone X and I think a Canon sx730.

wow, you get some really great photos for a point and shoot, i thought it was an DSLR

I always use to use my Panasonic Lumix on trips, the zoom was great, but then iphones came about and I stopped carrying my camera - though iphone zooms still suck!

And that is definitely a rainstorm you got stuck in!

Those good old Florida storms, it is crazy how strong they get and then boom, all gone. I remember getting caught in Japan during one and the storm drains were all clogged and the water nearly encroached on Mitsukoshi. I have a picture of a poor CM in waders having to go out in the storm and try and clear the drain.

The Guardians Live show was going on, so I stopped for the last song. Not sure what general consensus is on this show, but I thought it was really fun and energetic.
I think the diplomatic answer to what the general consensus was is not “fun and energetic”:rotfl: but people hated Jungle Book Alive With Magic when it was a thing and I LOVED it so I think you always need to judge for yourself!

This is my drowned rat, unimpressed look.
Oh but your eyes still look so pretty! Lashes for days!

There were a few brave souls walking/running through the rain. But honestly I was more afraid of the lightning. Seemed best to be sheltered.
I just feel bad for the pin sets that didn’t get fully covered!!! :scared1:

If I was going to be caught in a storm I wanted libations!
Heck yeah! I’ve heard of a “liquid blanket” but I don’t see why you couldn’t apply the same principle to “liquid raincoat”

Pretty sure I downed the beer in about 2 seconds, and then I got a cheese plate and a Riesling - when in Germany! The cheeses were nothing spectacular, but they were also only $5 so it felt like a bargain.
That a girl! I also thought this cheese plate was a good deal. When do you ever get a cheese plate at that price?! I mean the fancy lunchables they are making for adults nowadays are nearly that much!

I swear it showed 2 posts oh well, I did say Hey, I remember you, haha!

We liked the Guardians of Galaxy show, ours got rained out before it ended!

It is so surprising how the rain turns into sheets so quickly, yikes!

Love all the rain and post rain pictures!

Haha, I'm so glad you didn't forget me! I've been trying to get caught up on your TR, and I bet you've started a new one by now!

Florida rain is the craziest, but it always makes for a good story!

Ugh I'm sorry you got stuck in such bad rain! But everything looked so pretty when it cleared up! You definitely earned that beer and wine :)

It was kind of a funny experience, and I only got a little damp so it wasn't horrible. Plus I got to justify some libations!

wow, you get some really great photos for a point and shoot, i thought it was an DSLR

I always use to use my Panasonic Lumix on trips, the zoom was great, but then iphones came about and I stopped carrying my camera - though iphone zooms still suck!

And that is definitely a rainstorm you got stuck in!

Yeah, the camera technology is pretty good these days!

Zoom is the main reason I bring a camera too! Wish something could be done to make iPhone zoom better.

Those good old Florida storms, it is crazy how strong they get and then boom, all gone. I remember getting caught in Japan during one and the storm drains were all clogged and the water nearly encroached on Mitsukoshi. I have a picture of a poor CM in waders having to go out in the storm and try and clear the drain.

Oh wow that would be a mess if it got in that store! At least the store I was in was more of a hut!

I think the diplomatic answer to what the general consensus was is not “fun and energetic”:rotfl: but people hated Jungle Book Alive With Magic when it was a thing and I LOVED it so I think you always need to judge for yourself!

Ugh what does everyone know?! That show was golden!

Oh but your eyes still look so pretty! Lashes for days!

Oh my gosh, thank youuuu! There's nothing better than a good eyelash day, in my opinion.

I just feel bad for the pin sets that didn’t get fully covered!!! :scared1:

I know! But those CMs were not about to go back in that rain

Heck yeah! I’ve heard of a “liquid blanket” but I don’t see why you couldn’t apply the same principle to “liquid raincoat”

Now that I think about it, every time I've gotten caught in a Florida rainstorm I have gone for alcohol. You might be onto something with the liquid raincoat!

That a girl! I also thought this cheese plate was a good deal. When do you ever get a cheese plate at that price?! I mean the fancy lunchables they are making for adults nowadays are nearly that much!

I would definitely get the cheese plate again - perfect little snack. I also love those adult lunchables!

I'm caught up again! :)

Yay! Thanks for reading after my long absence! I need to get caught up on your reports as well!

Day 6 - June 26th - Last Moments in Epcot!

As I continued around the World Showcase I noticed that Anna and Elsa had a 15 minute wait, so I thought "why not?" This was my first time seeing the queue which was super cute and detailed and, most importantly, air conditioned!
42200169395_0a1b33720f_c.jpg

42200164345_c998c83162_c.jpg

28235815737_227db3633b_c.jpg

28235824347_fe336b3af4_c.jpg

In the end I don't think I waited anywhere near 15 minutes. First up was Elsa. Elsa's hair really bothers me. It is not supposed to be white! It is a very light blonde and I don't know why that's so hard to get right. Anyway. I think we must have talked about snow and mountains because we're gesturing at the North Mountain.
42401900694_3060a60c92_c.jpg

Nothing like standing next to a princess to make you feel frumpy!
41309020540_9dfb978e4a_c.jpg

Anna was next (really wish they just met together) and she was super cute but I've never met an Anna that was as bouncy, energetic and fun as Anna should be. I'm only sharing one photo because I just don't look good standing next to princesses! :rotfl:
41309015360_f421ee73b2_c.jpg

After visiting the Frozen sisters I marched out of the World Showcase intending to use my Spaceship Earth FP (I had missed it earlier, but the ride was down anyway!) Quick shot of the pyramid which was looking exceptionally pretty after the rain.
41293558380_6c54763edc_c.jpg

And just look how pretty Spaceship Earth looks!
42242475715_f1e5d3b7a3_c.jpg

42242474445_f01841935d_c.jpg

I stopped for a quick bathroom break and when I got to the FP line a huge tour group arrived just before me. To a nearby CM I jokingly said that I shouldn't have stopped for the bathroom, and he was like, "Oh? Fastpass? Wait here for a minute." While I was waiting I noticed that Spaceship Earth was leaking. Guess this must just always happen after it rains.
41293569740_a7c57ef391_c.jpg

When the CM came back to me he told me that I would be his VIP for the next 15 minutes and led me to a CM entrance on the side of the building that led to the exit of the ride. He led me into a car there and sent me on my way! It was such a nice and unexpected thing for him to do, I really hadn't expected anything when I made the comment.
29232532278_2d08b0fcdd_c.jpg

My future husband?
43054873882_3dd8370b81_c.jpg

When I got out of the ride the FP line was still reallyyyy long, so I was extra grateful for the CM. On that high note I made my way to the monorail to head back to the Contemporary. The monorail station had great views of the Guardians show building. Though construction is much farther along now and this is old news.
43146748991_07f2169c39_c.jpg

43146745211_aa5ee01fe0_c.jpg

43146748251_3453fb61f9_c.jpg

Monorail lime arrived fairly quickly and I was on my way!
42200160385_2902a4f47d_c.jpg

The signs at the TTC are really cute.
28235815577_74c273a34d_c.jpg

I had pretty good monorail luck and got back to Contemporary around 5:42... about 30 minutes transit time total. When I got back to the room I saw that Mousekeeping had spruced up my bed.
29232531448_4666c80acf_c.jpg

I spent some time on the balcony and thought about what I wanted to do for the rest of the evening. The view never got old.
29232528278_e06dda8423_c.jpg

I decided that I really wanted to ride Expedition Everest at night, so after a bit of relaxation off to Animal Kingdom I went!

Up next: Animal Kingdom at night!

Last edited:
In the end I don't think I waited anywhere near 15 minutes. First up was Elsa. Elsa's hair really bothers me. It is not supposed to be white! It is a very light blonde and I don't know why that's so hard to get right. Anyway. I think we must have talked about snow and mountains because we're gesturing at the North Mountain.
It's true....it always looks off. It should be a pale blond.

Anna was next (really wish they just met together) and she was super cute but I've never met an Anna that was as bouncy, energetic and fun as Anna should be. I'm only sharing one photo because I just don't look good standing next to princesses! :rotfl:
You look adorable! I love your dress and you just look so happy and in the minute!

When the CM came back to me he told me that I would be his VIP for the next 15 minutes and led me to a CM entrance on the side of the building that led to the exit of the ride. He led me into a car there and sent me on my way! It was such a nice and unexpected thing for him to do, I really hadn't expected anything when I made the comment.
Perfect Disney magic!

I spent some time on the balcony and thought about what I wanted to do for the rest of the evening. The view never got old.
That view is spectacular!

I've never noticed these little dolls before. Or if I have, I didn't remember them. Cute!

Elsa's hair really bothers me. It is not supposed to be white! It is a very light blonde and I don't know why that's so hard to get right.

Truth!!

she was super cute but I've never met an Anna that was as bouncy, energetic and fun as Anna should be.

It's so hard to catch Anna in the right mood! It shouldn't be! We've met her once when she was super on point, but I think part of it was also our energy because both sisters seemed to be waning with the family in front of us, but when we got up there I was really trying to engage them, and Anna perked right up and was HILARIOUS. Even Elsa got really sassy and "cold" and clever, and it was a fun time. I'm sure they get tired, but it's too bad when they're not in character the way you'd expect.

Ooooh this picture it giving me feels. I want to be at Spaceship Earth in a place with blue skies and palm tries right now!

No way! How nice! pixiedust:

I love your little friends. Br'er Rabbit tho :lovestruc

super cute and detailed and, most importantly, air conditioned!

I agree! Super cute and air conditioning is lovely.

When the CM came back to me he told me that I would be his VIP for the next 15 minutes and led me to a CM entrance on the side of the building that led to the exit of the ride. He led me into a car there and sent me on my way!

How nice of that CM!

It's true....it always looks off. It should be a pale blond.

Yes!! I don't know why that's so hard for them to do!

You look adorable! I love your dress and you just look so happy and in the minute!

Well thank you! That's nice to hear because I was not feeling these photos.

Perfect Disney magic!

Seriously! It really made my day

That view is spectacular!

So fantastic! What I wouldn't give to be there right now...

Sounds like a great, post-rain afternoon! That was awesome of the CM to whisk you away and get you onto SE!!

It was a really lovely afternoon by myself and the CM was just the nicest!

I've never noticed these little dolls before. Or if I have, I didn't remember them. Cute!

The details in that queue are just insane!

Fix it Disney!

It's so hard to catch Anna in the right mood! It shouldn't be! We've met her once when she was super on point, but I think part of it was also our energy because both sisters seemed to be waning with the family in front of us, but when we got up there I was really trying to engage them, and Anna perked right up and was HILARIOUS. Even Elsa got really sassy and "cold" and clever, and it was a fun time. I'm sure they get tired, but it's too bad when they're not in character the way you'd expect.

I bet it is exhausting to be so "on", but I would really love to get Anna in a great, bouncy mood. It probably has something to do with me, too, for some reason the face characters are much harder for me to interact with.

Ooooh this picture it giving me feels. I want to be at Spaceship Earth in a place with blue skies and palm tries right now!

It gave me some feels when I came across it for the post. Being at Epcot sounds ideal!
No way! How nice! pixiedust:

I know! I was just blown away, nothing like that has really ever happened for me before.

I love your little friends. Br'er Rabbit tho :lovestruc

Thank you! Br'er Rabbit was one of the best purchases I've made, for sure!

I agree! Super cute and air conditioning is lovely.

That queue is a perfect example of Disney's attention to detail!

How nice of that CM!

Right?! He absolutely didn't have to do anything, but instead he made a magical memory for me.

What a nice CM to take you in the VIP entrance. SE was down quite a bit during our August trip!

Disney magic at its finest! If the rumors are true Spaceship Earth might be down for a very long time soon...

I don't know. . .that Elsa just doesn't look very Elsa to me. :confused3

If they'd fix the hair I think it would help a lot!

Day 6 - June 26th - Evening at Animal Kingdom

I relaxed for a while at the hotel, and enjoyed the balcony and the wonderful view for a bit, and then made my way to the bus stop around 6:40. I ended up waiting about 15 minutes for an Animal Kingdom bus. The skies were looking pretty dark so I was worried that my plan to ride Expedition Everest at night would be ruined by lightning.
41293567490_8bfea8719e_c.jpg

41336005080_71b31b2a88_c.jpg

I had snagged a FP for Everest at 7:30, but I detoured at Donald's Dino Bash dance party because who can resist those chipmunks in dinosaur costumes?
41336003510_38d43cf000_c.jpg

Seriously, they're SO CUTE! But where's Donald? Isn't it his bash?
41336001090_2de567d973_c.jpg

After a little bit of dancing I used my FP at Everest.
29232529618_362f5dfee4_c.jpg

42386479064_00fd39a5af_c.jpg

For the photo I went with the classic bored look.
43070375442_61cddf70c2_c.jpg

Dad was done with his conference stuff so we discussed whether he'd come to Animal Kingdom for the night or do something else. I was still worried about rain and the bus service had taken so long that I was thought it might be a waste of a trip for him. In the end he decided to go to Epcot and watch Illuminations, and I made my way to Satu'li Canteen for dinner! The stormy skies made from some really pretty shots.
41335998850_fbc7440428_c.jpg

43096734552_baaa791a06_c.jpg

I really love the new Harambe Theater. The area is so pretty and well-themed.
42428180074_6307aa1285_c.jpg

28277334837_927752f123_c.jpg

It was late enough in the evening that Satu'li had no line. I contemplated trying the fish, but the tofu is just too good for me to stray from! I did get all sauces on the side to see which I liked best, and it turned out that I liked the chimichurri best! It's very garlicky, which is a win in my book. Actually, the sauce I liked least was the black bean vinaigrette, which is funny because that's the sauce I had ordered at all previous visits. Very glad I tried them all!
33315762518_50e259a993_c.jpg

When I left the restaurant it was dusk so Pandora was starting to light up. Dusk is definitely the best time to see Pandora - everything is lighting up, but it's not so dark that you can't see in front of you. Easier to take pictures, too.
42386456814_1e831f0fbe_c.jpg

42386476484_5b39dd78b0_c.jpg

29232531988_b6c598c5df_c.jpg

28277329317_b4ec20e02f_c.jpg

28277325877_b90a0f5287_c.jpg

42242438205_791935dcde_c.jpg

It started sprinkling so I donned my lovely poncho, and then kind of stood around in one spot refreshing for a Flight of Passage FP. Around 8:40 I snagged one for 9:30! Yessss!
43054860072_e5aef2ef4e_c.jpg

28235825047_48983c5664_c.jpg

Fastpass secured I made my way out of Pandora to see the rest of the park at night. I'd seen some lightning so I felt like Expedition Everest was sure to be closed but I just had to be certain!
43104999701_0ea2fd38c6_c.jpg

42200164955_778cdfb78f_c.jpg

42386456774_5f93022b71_c.jpg

42386472184_336d83a6d1_c.jpg

29232528298_13a846610c_c.jpg

Once I got close to the lake thing (does this have a name?) I was pretty sure that I could hear screaming coming from Everest so I started hustling in that direction! This update already has a lot of photos so I'll finish up the rest of the night in another post!

Up next: Will I make it on Expedition Everest at night?

Last edited:
Beautiful pics! That's awesome that you snagged a FP for FoP!!

Thank you! I was super stoked to grab that FP!

Beautiful! I love this are for taking photos, and you got a great shot!

It really is such a beautiful area. Heck, all of Animal Kingdom is gorgeous!

I like the chimichurri, too!

It's so tasty! I can't wait to be back!

I'm all caught up! Your photos are stunning! Can't wait to read more :).

Thanks for joining in!

Day 6 - June 26th - Evening at Animal Kingdom, part 2!

When I left off I was trekking to Expedition Everest in hopes of riding it at night, even though I had seen lightning in the area. I took some really bad pictures along the way! In my defense, Animal Kingdom is really dark at night! These pictures seem a little out of order... or I walked a really strange way to Everest...
42200161425_621e28a351_c.jpg

42386477204_60c184b83d_c.jpg

42386469174_a55183ee27_c.jpg

42386459734_354edf2156_c.jpg

The laser projections on the trees are so cool. You can kind of see them at the top of this picture.
28235825067_0e883c33ee_c.jpg

Not sure which way I was walking, but I am sure that I loved the lighting here!
42242420415_be50b7daeb_c.jpg

The new theater is super stunning at night! Still haven't seen the new show, but I like what they did to the theater.
29232535118_9ba1922572_c.jpg

And, finally, the whole reason for my trip to Animal Kingdom was in view! Rivers of Light was just starting so I was hoping the wait would be low at Everest.
29275136438_002aea2cb4_c.jpg

The lighting in this section of the park is also fantastic.
42200166415_8ec365a47b_c.jpg

When I got to EE the single rider line was open and I walked right through and boarded the last row immediately. Score!
43120453741_dd0b639136_c.jpg

Everest at night is almost an entirely different ride. It seems faster, somehow! So, of course, when my ride ended I jumped back in the single rider line. This time I got the 2nd row and did the yeti.
28251103777_426d20c85f_c.jpg

After my 2nd ride I discovered this sign.
42200161685_1dbf2904c7_c.jpg

I wasn't done riding yet, though, so I went through the standby which had a posted wait of 5 minutes and I'd say was pretty accurate. I think this time I was trying to look scared.
28251094157_687df8b195_c.jpg

I considered another ride on Everest, but my FP for Flight of Passage was good so I called it good with 3 rides and headed back to Pandora.
28235817197_e34f34eef3_c.jpg

Oh, look, I got a much better picture of this area! Somehow the lighting is really transporting; it makes you FEEL like you're in an African market at night.
41293569890_d6efa54723_c.jpg

I took the African pathway to Pandora and noticed security patrolling that area. Maybe because it's rather isolated? Soon enough I was back on the alien planet. There was some confusion at the FP touch points with a large group. I tapped my band on the other touch point and it was green so I just went through. It had started raining again, so I mostly hurried through the queue.
42386473304_3e2b27a2b2_c.jpg

At the next touch point I realized I hadn't gotten a link pass, but they actually didn't make me look at one. The FP queue was completely empty so I went straight to the single rider line. They placed me in row 16 on the very side of the theater. Somehow I made it through the preshow.
28235823287_9e7f3309b1_c.jpg

Being on the very edge of the theater I noticed that the film wasn't exactly distorted, but I had a harder time focusing on sometimes the periphery went a bit blurry for me. I mentioned it to a CM at the exit and she agreed that she had noticed it's harder to focus. I only mention this because if you're prone to motion sickness it might be better to ask for the middle of the theater!

After my ride, it was once again raining and I had to throw my poncho back on. I browsed some stores on the way out and ended up purchasing and bought an Animal Kingdom 20 ornament, that I failed to take a picture of, then squished and sloshed my way out of the park. I reached the bus stop around 10:30 and the bus arrived shortly after.

Dad was back in the room so we talked about our days. He had made perfect timing for Illuminations and watched from Canada! I went to Contempo Cafe, and finally purchased the cupcake cake thing.
43104980691_ee629895cc_c.jpg

I had a sliver and found out the inside was funfetti! How exciting! The cake was really moist and delicious, and it's just such a cute little cupcake!
29232530988_e6985f7080_c.jpg

Happy with my purchase, I showered and went to sleep. The next day would be our last full park day :sad:

Up next: More Animal Kingdom!

Last edited:
Glad the lightning didn't affect your rides on EE! 3x is awesome! Sounds like a really good night, especially ending it with that delicious looking cake!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!