Return of the Florida Resident Discover Disney Pass

Cool.

Does anyone know if/how it’s possible for a non resident to buy one as a gift for a resident*? My cousin and I are going for Princess and she lives there, and it’s her birthday... I would also be buying myself a full priced ticket.

*ahead of time, for FP purposes.

I was waiting for this thank you for pointing it out! I just wish the water park option was offered as a stand-alone add on instead as part of the hopper plus.

Cool.

Does anyone know if/how it’s possible for a non resident to buy one as a gift for a resident*? My cousin and I are going for Princess and she lives there, and it’s her birthday... I would also be buying myself a full priced ticket.

How about mailing her a $150 Disney Gift card and walking her through the MDE process?

Back as expected. I know a lot of people that take advantage of this

Cool.

You just need to show your FL ID to pick it up

Cool.

If purchased by CC, Disney might require a FL billing zip code.

Am I reading it right— no blackout dates, even at Easter? And it’s valid until June 24? It usually end the first week in June. Maybe it’s time to start planning a trip.

Does the expiration date give us an clue about when Toy Story Land is opening? Thoughts?

How about mailing her a $150 Disney Gift card and walking her through the MDE process?

It’s the least fave way. She doesn’t have an MDE account and so I’d send her the card, then I’d need to get the numbers from her to put onto to the profile I have for her on my MDE... At a certain point in there it stops feeling like a gift. :)

You just need to show your FL ID to pick it up

On MDE I’m only given the normal ticket option.

On the main website I get “Additional special products and prices available for Florida Residents. Sign In
and if I sign in I’m not given those price options.

Has anyone called to buy a FL ticket for a resident?

ETA...interestingly, UNlike what has happens when I want to see CA rare APs (my brother lives in SoCal), it actually seems to let me see. I was assuming. Hmm.

Am I reading it right— no blackout dates, even at Easter? And it’s valid until June 24? It usually end the first week in June. Maybe it’s time to start planning a trip.

Does the expiration date give us an clue about when Toy Story Land is opening? Thoughts?

I found this very interesting too, last year AK was blacked out during the Pandora opening. I was expecting to see the same for DHS this year

At a certain point On the main website I get “Additional special products and prices available for Florida Residents. Sign In”and if I sign in I’m not given those price options.

Just call

I found this very interesting too, last year AK was blacked out during the Pandora opening. I was expecting to see the same for DHS this year

Pandora and Toy Story Land are about as opposite as you can get.

A detailed work of art that would draw HUGE crowds vs a slightly themed 2 carnival ride addition.

I think TSL is more about adding cheap rides fast to a park that needs it and offer something for younger children than it is about any substance. Now if Star Wars Land were opening this year I think we would be seeing something different.

It’s the least fave way. She doesn’t have an MDE account and so I’d send her the card, then I’d need to get the numbers from her to put onto to the profile I have for her on my MDE... At a certain point in there it stops feeling like a gift. :)

On the main website I get “Additional special products and prices available for Florida Residents. Sign In

ETA...interestingly, UNlike what has happens when I want to see CA rare APs (my brother lives in SoCal), it actually seems to let me see. I was assuming. Hmm.

Are you a FL Resident on your MDE? It would not let me see it even though my name was showing at top as if I were signed in. It said it can not verify I have access to that discount. So I signed in again and it popped up for me to purchase. NOW I don't know if this impacts it but I couldn't buy my FL APs online (I do monthly so that might be why) unless I had FL Credit Card, and that is what is linked to my account.

Another interesting was the last 24 Hour MK day, they let AP holders order the special tshirts in advance (after years of them selling out early) so I bought ours. Then for fun I tried to buy the special shirt for the Disneyland 24 Hour even though I have no AP for there, no connect to there, never even been .... it let me do the AP advance purchase. I thought the CA set up must be very lax to let me in.

Another option is for you to create a MDE account for her using her Florida address. You should be able to purchase the ticket that way. Or... you can call Disney and explain the situation. You may be able to purchase over the phone

I don't see ANY water park add-on option to purchase on the website. Has anyone called and been given this option? That was a fantastic value.

Oh that's good. I started a thread asking about that but got no responses I think. Thanks for the info

Cool.

Following up to let you know that you MUST use a credit card with a Florida billing address for at least a portion of the payment. I just purchased one of these tickets tonight for my husband. He doesn’t go as often as me and the kids, so this pass makes sense for him. As a frequent visitor, I tend to buy Disney gift cards to save towards my trips. When I went to pay for my husbands ticket I was able to use the gift card for most of the cost, but the website forced me to charge at least a few dollars to a Credit card with a Florida billing address.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter