Retro Rides - Bring back the classics!

I agree that with the re-introduction of old television shows like Rosanne and Frankie and Grace old attractions could work. Look at how well Throw Back night did in Disneyland. While Disney still has to evolve because it's not a museum, but many attractions still have a loyal following. If Disney ever makes a new theme park, it would be nice to see at least one land dedicated to the old attractions. Maybe they could have the opposite of Tomorrow Land, Yesterland maybe? It could almost be a land that takes you into the past. Certainly rides like Mr. Toad would be easy enough to re-create. What other rides do you think would work?

Interesting topic. Our culture definitely seems to be recently obsessed with reboots and throwbacks. Really cool concept!

Honestly, the one huge thing I really can't understand about Disney is their inability to get even somewhat ahead of a trend. :magnify:

I really can't image Disney ever doing strait up recreations of classic rides (maybe VR, but not a physical build). But what I would love, if they ever do build a Villians park, is to have classic dark rides presented as if the Villians stole them from the other parks but altered the ride either to present the "true" story or simply to improve the ride (by making if scary, giving it an unhappy ending, etc...).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter