Rethinking my Rose&Crown ADR! R&C vs Yorkshire?

littlbugmom

DIS Veteran
We always snack around the world and the highlight is fish and chips from Yorkshire County. However, this year we're going at christmas. With the larger crowds, I'm worried about waiting in QS lines and then not having a place to sit. (it was really hard to find a place to sit during spring break) So, I made a reservation for R&C.

Now I'm worried. I read reviews that say the fish is different and the pictures show it is one large piece instead of 2 perfect pieces.

Pros:
No long line
We'll have a table
DS can order a burger (he doesn't like fish)

Cons:
Double the cost (paying OOP)
WHAT IF IT DOESN'T TASTE THE SAME?

One review said to get the fish from Yorkshire and bring to the Pub but seating is first come first serve in there so we're back to maybe not getting a seat.

I know......this is probably too much thought going into fish.

We recently ate at Rose and Crown and really enjoyed it there. I can't help with the fish since I'm allergic to seafood, but can say Rose and Crown was a great place.

I think the pub itself has a smaller menu you can order -- fish&chips, battered banger. Not sure which fish&chips it is though. ;)

If I have a dining room ADR, can I ask to sit in the pub?

To be honest, I haven't tried eating in the pub yet - but I think they are separate entities. I have eaten in the dining room before for lunch. It was nice, but my DDs just wanted the basic bangers, and fish&chips. We weren't on the DDP. I'm not a huge fan of ADRs for lunch. I was thinking of trying the pub if it's not too crowded. Hopefully it would be faster and less expensive. Allears lists separate menus on their website but the pub one is from Dec 2016. Would be curious if anyone else has more recent experience.

The fish and chips served at Yorkshire is different than what is served in the pub. In the pub it is only one large piece. At Yorkshire it is two pieces. We always get the fish and chips from Yorkshire and then bring it into the pub to eat with some other apps, like the scotch egg. We only ate at R&C one time and I can't remember if their fish and chips was only one piece as well. Yorkshire is definitely better than the one served in the pub--always seems crunchier and fresher.

If I have a dining room ADR, can I ask to sit in the pub?

No I don't believe so. They are different and the pub does not take ADR's.
Actually, I believe the pub only has 4 or 5 tables. You will have to wait for one to open if you want to sit

I love eating at R&C. The fish I had was amazing. This pic was from March, and looks like just one piece of fish. But it was GOOD. I enjoy eating at least once a day at a TS so I can rest, have a drink etc. The pub is standing room only every time I've been. You can guarantee it if it's raining or a busy time of year.
IMG_9437.JPG

If you're going during Christmas and plan to see Candlelight Processional, you might want to change your R&C ADR to one that includes reserved CP seating when it becomes available.

So I have had the fish from Yorkshires and grabbed a table at the pub. We ordered drinks first and had someone stay at the table while others went and got the fish. It was the best way to ensure we had a place to sit when we had our food.

One review said to get the fish from Yorkshire and bring to the Pub but seating is first come first serve in there so we're back to maybe not getting a seat.

I enjoy both, but there is incredibly limited seats for this - like a handful of tables for the whole place and people are in there to drink and then will immediately grab a table from the bar - that's how I do it. Once we get a table we'll get food, but it can take a while - couple of drinks worth - to have any turnover and you have to be right there. I just think that's a really tall order. I mean, I've been there at 11:30 before and stayed for a couple of hours just drinking and people watching.

I love that fish too! I get it! R&C is a solid restaurant. I can't speak to holiday crowds from experience though as its not a time I'd care to visit. Throwing in the crowds as described, I'd get a reservation.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! We'll be in Epcot our first day and then again at the end of our trip. I'm keeping the ADR for later in the trip because I'm that worried about the crowds. However, if we're able to get Yorkshire on the first day without much of a line, I'll cancel the ADR right away. (that will be a week before the ADR)

Are you aware that there are two outdoor seating areas for Yorkshire? There is the area to the right of Yorkshire and an area over to the left past the pub where there are more outdoor tables available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter