Results of "Open Letter to Disney"

I just take the phone off the hook.

Do you still get messages in that case? I received a call/message on our trip two weeks ago that DME didn't have our departing flight information, even though I provided it by phone when I reserved DME months prior. I was glad to have received this message so I could take care of it early, rather than being concerned we didn't receive the DME door hanger the day before we left.

We did receive a message every day for the first four days of our stay with "check-out instructions for our departure the next day" - even though we had a 10 day stay. After the first message, I was concerned there was a problem with the dates on our reservation so I called back and they said someone probably dialed the wrong room number. This happened again three more days in a row, but I just disregarded. My point is that the interruptions are inevitable!

Seeing new reports everyday that make it seem like they may have abandoned the room checks all together.

Claims of never being bothered and not seeing anyone doing room checks.

One can only hope. At BWV 10.13-10.21.18 they did come and remove what little trash and recycling we had. I hope they ditch it. Annual dues for most DVC for 2019 up significantly. I bet this policy contributed.

At BWV 10.13-10.21.18 they did come and remove what little trash and recycling we had.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was just standard now. It can be viewed as an added perk to some DVC owners who like that they don't have to hassle with trash now, while still acting as a "security check" of sorts, at least getting eyes on every occupied room each day. I can see where it would make sense to keep this in place, but scrap the "security checks" where CMs were knocking with no other purpose, which led to unhappy guests.

Some might like it but many would prefer no one enters their room daily while they are out.

And they really don’t want their dues to double to take out minimal trash

Do you still get messages in that case? I received a call/message on our trip two weeks ago that DME didn't have our departing flight information, even though I provided it by phone when I reserved DME months prior. I was glad to have received this message so I could take care of it early, rather than being concerned we didn't receive the DME door hanger the day before we left.

We did receive a message every day for the first four days of our stay with "check-out instructions for our departure the next day" - even though we had a 10 day stay. After the first message, I was concerned there was a problem with the dates on our reservation so I called back and they said someone probably dialed the wrong room number. This happened again three more days in a row, but I just disregarded. My point is that the interruptions are inevitable!
I would think you do. It works just like voicemail and when a line is busy you still get the message

Honestly, I have no idea. I never check my messages at a hotel. Everyone important to me has my cell phone number.

Some might like it but many would prefer no one enters their room daily while they are out.

And they really don’t want their dues to double to take out minimal trash

Yes, like with anything, people will have their reasons for liking it or not liking it. And I would question whether dues are doubling solely because of trash removal... I would suspect that's more because of DVC improvements and construction that are going on throughout WDW.

Last edited:
It was twice the average for many years 8 to 10 percent increase instead of around4 percent.
I think from what I’m reading some think it could be impacted by the every day vs every 4th day trash visit also with Disney increasing CM pay. No one knows until we get our year end report. After the annual meeting. Only the overall DVC dues by resort were released this week. I have a small contract bought many years ago resale with extra points so doesn’t impact me as much as the mega buyers. But like park and special event tickets, resort room prices, buffet prices, parking fees, it is yet another Disney hike.

Last edited:
For some, the phrase that comes to mind is the winter of our discontent but I did enjoy my BWV balcony and food and wine offerings this year, and
especially drinks with new friends at Belle Vue lounge so it’s not all bad.

It was twice the average for many years 8 to 10 percent increase instead of around4 percent.
I think from what I’m reading some think it could be impacted by the every day vs every 4th day trash visit also with Disney increasing CM pay. No one knows until we get our year end report. After the annual meeting. Only the overall DVC dues by resort were released this week. I have a small contract bought many years ago resale with extra points so doesn’t impact me as much as the mega buyers. But like park and special event tickets, resort room prices, buffet prices, parking fees, it is yet another Disney hike.

I don't doubt you that the fees are doubling, and I don't doubt that the staff required for garbage removal plays some part in it, but I think the increase from that is minimal. Most (all?) housekeeping is unionized and their latest contract doesn't require the wage increases to be fully in effect until 2021, I believe. The same housekeepers likely also clean non-DVC rooms, so I would think WDW would shuffle staff around before adding to staff to accommodate this. It might also explain why housekeeping has been sub-par (IMO) with the housekeepers seemingly rushed during my last two stays.

I have little experience with daily housekeeping due to DVC stays with no housekeeping unless you stay 8 or more and then get it at day 4. I have read that housekeeping at values isn’t top shelf. I also have read of job fairs and bonuses for HK and other new staff. Got to add up to some big bucks but Disney doesn’t disclose much in the way of details publicly, so I guess we will never know

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter