Results of "Open Letter to Disney"

What is the option to opt out of housekeeping I keep seeing lol

This is similar to programs that some hotel chains have, where you can earn a free gift card if you choose not to accept housekeeping services during your stay. While the size of the gift card depends on the number of nights, and the last night of your stay does not count (since they definitely need to clean your room after you check out). You can get more details when you check into your resort.

The gift card is automatically delivered to your email address on file, so you can spend it while you're on-site. Or, more conveniently, you can have them apply it toward your hotel room bill when you check out.

Thank you so much .. what a great idea.. is it worth it tho ? We are there 6 nights at Caribbean ? Any thoughts on what it would be worth .. I’m clueless

QUOTE="bryanb, post: 59941228, member: 488539"]This is similar to programs that some hotel chains have, where you can earn a free gift card if you choose not to accept housekeeping services during your stay. While the size of the gift card depends on the number of nights, and the last night of your stay does not count (since they definitely need to clean your room after you check out). You can get more details when you check into your resort.

The gift card is automatically delivered to your email address on file, so you can spend it while you're on-site. Or, more conveniently, you can have them apply it toward your hotel room bill when you check out.[/QUOTE]
The

Thanks for update. I agree a good compromise. I recently stayed at Beach Club Villas and with welcome material was card on bed explaining the need to access room daily (framed as an added benefit but will let that go). Did not initially have a room occupied sign but asked for one and was provided promptly. We used it thereafter whenever in room and had zero issues over 9 nights.

I agree that the phone calls aren’t ideal. Only thing I can recommend is to ask HK in advance, preferably a manager, to do the room check/HK/trash removal during a window of time. It worked for us at BWV. If plans change you might call and ask for another time.

I hope others that try scheduling will come back and post their experience on the DIS.
We requested at front desk of both Poly and BLT a 3 hour window in the afternoons when we knew we would be out of room. It worked well, no interruptions at any other time, trash was taken so we know that it was done.:goodvibes

We requested at front desk of both Poly and BLT a 3 hour window in the afternoons when we knew we would be out of room. It worked well, no interruptions at any other time, trash was taken so we know that it was done.:goodvibes

Thanks for the update!

Except that many (us included) got phone calls when our sign was up asking if they could come over and do a sweep of the room. If one is trying to rest, nap or keep kids down ... the phone ringing and the security sweep is not different than knocking on the door. Noise will wake or disturb whether knocks or ringing so they just changed the interruption method.
Is there no switch on the ringer off on the phones?

I have no idea. I seldom use the room phone. Frankly when it rang I was afraid something bad happened, perhaps a crisis with my mom back home. My land line seldom rings at home. I can certainly silence my cell phone, no clue whether you can do the same with land lives. Have you ever tried silencing your phone at Disney?

And I imagine security or HK would be right along to do the room check if you leave the sign up and don’t answer the phone. Knock knock. I fail to see how silencing the room phone could possibly solve the problem.

I couldn’t find one the time I tried at Pop Century. I didn’t want the desk to call and wake us letting us know our luggage had arrived so I put a pillow over the phone. I’ve done the same at other (non-Disney) hotels, and it works to at least muffle the sound a bit.

I have no idea. I seldom use the room phone. Frankly when it rang I was afraid something bad happened, perhaps a crisis with my mom back home. My land line seldom rings at home. I can certainly silence my cell phone, no clue whether you can do the same with land lives. Have you ever tried silencing your phone at Disney?

I just take the phone off the hook.

I couldn’t find one the time I tried at Pop Century. I didn’t want the desk to call and wake us letting us know our luggage had arrived so I put a pillow over the phone. I’ve done the same at other (non-Disney) hotels, and it works to at least muffle the sound a bit.

I like the smother the phone idea.

Thanks for adding your experience with requesting a window.

Thank you so much .. what a great idea.. is it worth it tho ? We are there 6 nights at Caribbean ? Any thoughts on what it would be worth .. I’m clueless

QUOTE="bryanb, post: 59941228, member: 488539"]This is similar to programs that some hotel chains have, where you can earn a free gift card if you choose not to accept housekeeping services during your stay. While the size of the gift card depends on the number of nights, and the last night of your stay does not count (since they definitely need to clean your room after you check out). You can get more details when you check into your resort.

The gift card is automatically delivered to your email address on file, so you can spend it while you're on-site. Or, more conveniently, you can have them apply it toward your hotel room bill when you check out.
The[/QUOTE]

I haven’t stayed at a qualifying resort since they started giving the gift card for opting out of HK. I have read that you can request replenishment of towels, coffee and other supplies. For a 5 day stay it might be worth it. At BWV it is easy to find the closet for trash disposal and do it your self, as we did that for all the years we owned up until this new policy was implemented. Not sure if the trash closets are as strategically located at non DVC resorts.

At swan and dolphin resorts you could opt out for SPG points. After the merger with Marriott I am not sure if they still do this but I will find out soon when we stay there. I always opted out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!