Restaurants that have very loud music, son with ASD

I just remembered another we avoid due to loud music: Restaurant Marrakesh! Think loud, live violin music and belly dancers. We haven't been in years so not sure if it's changed. If you must have Moroccan food go to Spice Road Table (which is amazing anyway!)

I find Ohana very loud as well. There's a lot of activity with the server constantly bringing more food to your table. I'd skip that .

Chefs De France isnt bad.

We ate at Chefs de France this past week (not been there for many years) and it was - hands down - the noisiest restaurant we were in the whole 9 days. It was so bad I couldn't hear the server half the time - he couldn't hear us, etc. There was nothing unusual going on either. Loved the food but the noise level was stupid. We were there for dinner around 8pm. Perhaps it was more crowded than when lovinfl was there? Boy it was loud - lol!

We ate at Tiffins and it was very peaceful....so so so peaceful and quiet (8pm dinner). Even though it is a signature dining - they have many things on their menu in the lower prices (under $36). We also did lunch at Chef Morimoto in Disney Springs and I don't remember it being loud. All the other places we went (Tokyo Dining, Teppan Edo, Chef Mickeys, Akershus) were loud. We did Tony's Town square and it was busy and kinda noisy but I didn't find it as loud or hectic as the other places.

The BOG lunch - if you pick one of the smaller rooms can be quieter than other QS places and it's not so hectic to find a seat.

Perhaps I am sensitive more to "hectic" than loud - but I enjoy Chef Mickey's a lot and there are definitely tables tucked away that seem less crazy than being out in the middle of the floor (especially to the right as you go in - up against the wall nearer to where the servers go in and out there's a few tables tucked back there out of the way). No doubt it is a loud place and has music. Maybe you don't want to plan to eat there this trip but you could ask to walk through the restaurant to scope it out and see what you think (same with other places).

Last edited:
Two places that I really love for a relatively quiet meal are both in Liberty Square in the Magic Kingdom. Columbia Harbour House (QS) has a whole dining room upstairs that a lot of people don't even realize is there, so it doesn't get crowded that that often. At least one of the walls is covered with fabric, which also helps a bit.

Liberty Tree Tavern (TS) is broken up into several smaller dining rooms, so unless you're right near the entrance you get a much more secluded feeling.

I couldn’t decide which board to put this under so please change if you need to.

My son has ASD and is very sensitive to loud music. He will not wear ear plugs or headphones, he doesn’t like anything touching his ears. Although I do bring ear plugs just in case he relents.

We’re planning our next trip and booking ADRs and I couldn’t remember if there was a restaurant that was really loud. Hopefully someone has a list of ones to avoid.
Sci Fi Dine-In Theater has loud movie clips/ads. T-Rex at Disney Springs is also very loud.

BOG - the center room is loud, with an echo effect coming from the higher ceiling. The rose room is quieter, until the thunder part - do they still do the thunder part?

PinocchioHaus is loud, IMO, as is Cosmic Ray's, and well, pretty much any indoor QS. Luckily, a lot of them have outdoor seating. But i can't think of any that have loud music - just loud in general.

I would say most of the table service restaurants in WDW have a fairly loud amount of cafeteria background noise... they aren't really an intimate and quiet meal. You do get cozy with some of your table mates though, because many tables are REALLY close together!

grand floridian cafe, liberty tree tavern at lunch, cape may dinner, mama melrose, garden grill dinner in a booth, yak n yeti upstairs if you have landrys card worked too for us ( you get seated asap and most often taken upstairs) Sanaa, Compass and Ale the old Capt's grille for dinner, sci fi, alll work for quieter settings and meals. But everyone is different for sure!!

My family enjoys quieter meal experiences and I try to make dining reservations for either the beginning or end of a meal period and look for breaks in the restaurant's seating schedule. There is a break at BOG between lunch and dinner and while a bit noisy at the beginning, progressively became quieter and quieter as families left. We ate at Whispering Canyon for lunch last week and it was extremely quiet with very few guests...at noon. Same with the character breakfast at Ohana. There seemed fewer than 10 families dining at the Mexican restaurant (with the boat ride) last week while we ate and we had the first dining time slot. I would not recommend a reservation right before closing for the night as we have experienced a sharp decline in service then.

We did breakfast at Akershus earlier this year, I am not sure if it was only our experience because we were kind of seated in a more sectioned off area rather than a large room, but I found it was a quiet, calm experience. We all enjoyed it, including my ASD 2 yo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter