Restaurants in Disneyland

Jaynerita

Mouseketeer
Are there any nice restaurants in Disneyland that resemble the California Grille in Disney World? I was more wondering if there is anything that overlooks Disneyland. Thanks.

I am just learning about DL, but Blue Bayou sounds like a really nice restaurant in Orleans Square with a great atmosphere as stated in both Birnbaums and UG. It is on a terrace overlooking Pirates, the restaurant appears moonlit, fireflies twinkle above Bayou grasses, and stars shine thru Spanish moss draped languidly over big old, live oaks.....

The BBG calls it "enchanting".....I think I will make my family an ADR!!

Happy planning!

Lives4Disney :goodvibes

Blue Bayou is great. It is the best in the parks. There are some nice restaurants at the resorts. DH has some, and so does the GC. Gransville steak house, has wonderful food. $$$, the steaks are great. Hooks point is good too,we have eaten there twice. Those are both at DH, and at the Grand Californian, there is Napa Rose, I have never eaten there, but I hear it is a 5 star restaurant, and I have eaten at Storytellers Cafe. It is good, a buffet, and order from the menu. I honestly thought that goofys kitchen the character buffet at the DH, was better, not only the characters, but I thought the food selection was much better for the buffet. Good luck

Don't forget, Blue Bayou is closed for as long as POTC is down for refurb, I think it will be back up in June.

I love the Blue Bayou! The atmosphere is so great! And I really like the food! The crab cakes are delicious! One of my favorite rides is POTC and I love to watch the dock while eating at the Blue Bayou! I'm so glad that it won't be closed when I go in September! :banana:

Well, as for resturants that overlook DL, I don't think so. But they have tons to offer for any palate. It depends on what your looking for. They have a great sushi place in Paradise Pier Hotel. And I concur with everyone about Blue Bayou. I love that place and the potato's they serve are delish. I asked for the recipe and have even made them at home. Only thing, I can't get the potato slices as thin as they do.

Blue Bayou is wonderful! On a bright day tough, it will seem pitch black until your eyesight adjusts!

It isn't overlooking Pirates as much as right next to it - you are close to eye level with the guests on the boats floating by.

Other good views are Napa Rose at GC - great food and a huge window looking out into DCA. Grizzly Peak is very striking at night.

Another is the dessert buffet at the Disney Gallery. Very limited seating, but you have a wonderful view of Fantasmic above the crowds and some wonderful desserts to boot. I'm sure a little searching will give you all the details on getting this. Expnsive, but worth it.

Of course the best is Club 33, above New Orleans Square. Unless you can find a member to invite you as their guest, forget it though! The food is superb, and includes a one-day park hopper.

I didnt really care for the food at Blue Bayou but I do love to wave to the people going by on the boats and when I'm in a boat, I love to wave at the people eating... :rotfl:

I dont know why but I love the alfredo chicken pasta over at the pizza port in tomorrowland, you'd think i had never had pasta before...LOL :rolleyes1

We do normally always eat at goofys kitchen one night, because when we go we are going with nieces and nephews who range from 7 to 1 and they love to go there. I think the food is decent for a park buffet though its spendy like most park food is. Its more of an interactive place and if you would rather sit down and never get up again until your meal is done, this might not be the best place to go if you have kids. If its adults only going, then you'll be fine. For us, I'm jumping up every 3 minutes to take a pic of one of the kids with one of their fave characters, even though we all have season passes and go down at least once a month... :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter