Restaurants in and around HIFS/Downtown Disney/Crossroads?

from Canada

Mouseketeer
Hello,
Countdown is on for us!! One month tomorrow we leave!!
Im trying to compile a restaurant idea list so that when we're hungry, and it already 5 or 6 oclock, we wont be driving around TRYING to find someplace to eat.
We're staying at HIFS, so anything in the 15 min driving area (or so) from there would be great.
So far, Im considering...
Chilis
Rainforest Cafe
Nascar Cafe
Jungle Jims
The largest McDonalds
OUtback (not sure if there is one near us)

We are a family of 5, with 3 kids....5, 8, 11
Thanks for you thoughts in advance
Karen

Be aware that the area around dt disney and crossroads, palm parkways, is a popular area with the locals too. Last August, we had planned on eating at the Olive Garden 3x and it was always too busy even even after 8 at night.

There are tons of restaurants in the Palm parkway and 535 area just north of HIFS. Most in little strip malls.

Hercamore

Here are other choices in the area:

Bahama Breeze (Little Lake Bryan, near I-4 exit)
Landry's Seafood (Little Lake Bryan)
Macaroni Grill (Rt 535 near Palm Parkway)
Pizzeria Uno's (Crossroads)
Pebbles (Crossroads)
The Crab House (Palm Parkway)
TGI Friday's (Crossroads)
Planet Hollywood (DD West Side)
Orlando Ale House (Rt 535 near Palm Parkway)

The NASCAR Cafe is at Universal CityWalk, not a 15 minute drive at dinnertime. Rainforest Cafe can get pretty busy too unless you get a reservation in advance.

Red Lobster {crossroads} hope it is still there!
Logan's steak house { kids love that place!} they love trowing peanuts shells on floor!
Red Lobster on I- Dr. have eaten there every time we vacation and it is always excellent.
These two or three are our children's favs!!

I'll certainly second the votes for Bahama Breeze (near Holiday Inn Sunspree resort, Exit 27 of I4) and Orlando Ale House. There is also a very good value Chinese restaurant at Crossroads called the Dragon Court (I think!).

Just got back from a stay at HIFS. I loved that hotel. Don't forget to enjoy the breakfast buffet in the hotel. Dinner at the hotel is only so-so. Friday is seafood buffet night.

I didn't get to try it, but I wanted to try the House of Blues at Downtown Disney.

Bump for Rain Forest Cafe and Bahama Breeze
Also try Wolfgang Puck Cafe DTD Westside, great food and fun! Enjoy!! Heh:D

We stayed at Marriott Village - Little Lake Bryan last year. We also ate at Bahama Breeze because everyone raved about it, but we didn't find it all that wonderful. Wait is very long, it's noisy, food is expensive and it is nothing spectacular - the atmosphere is very good though. Another alternative for great buffets is the Golden Corral Restaurant (brand new restaurant next door to Marriott Village). We were reluctant to eat there because of the name and it's buffet style, but surprisingly it was great! Their prices are very reasonable, and the food is excellent! They have a bakery, meat carving station, fresh soups/salads, dessert bar, vegetable station (with every vegetable imaginable) and pastas. I'm sure you could find something there for everyone to enjoy. Good luck with your choices - we have eaten at pretty much all of the other restaurants that you mentioned as well, and they can all get very busy, so make sure you leave plenty of time for travel and waiting for your table. Enjoy!

Tiger:jester:

My family NEVER misses Pizzeria Unos in Crossroads every time we visit Orlando! It's become a tradition!

Another vote for the Rainforest Cafe, also. Very good food and an educational tool, also! :D

there is a loan star steakhouse next to landrys in the lake bryan area not too far from crossroads. We have been a few times and find it to be very good, better than ours here for some reason.

We really enjoyed Landry's seafood and Bahama Breeze.

We travel all around the LBV area and over on 192 also.
Around the corner for you on 535 is Landry's Seafood that we enjoy. The Bahama Breeze is across the street. We have one about a mile from our house. We find it to be okay. The folks at the LBV location and the one near us are really proud of their restaurants which is a good thing. We just think that once you get past the hook (Carib theme) that is a slightly above average restaurant. If want to get really adventureous head the other direction on 535 down to 192. It is now construction free and not hard to get around on. If you head south you will find a Florida based barbecue chain called Sonny's that is awesome and cheap. Further down on the left there is a seafood place called Shell's that is also very good. Crossroads area has the already mentioned Pizzerino Unos that is excellent for pizza. We too have eaten at the Red Lobsters' in the Orlando area (the one at CR) and for some reason find them to be better than those in Ohio. It is probably in our heads. The TGIF at CR is always a safe bet.

To us the best kept secret for dining at Disney is the Hollywood and VIne lunch or dinner buffet in MGM. It is wonderful. And at lunch they even have characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter