Restaurant Suggestion for 9 people

Javin917

Mouseketeer
Hi! I am trying to find a place for dinner for a party of 9 that includes picky kids and gluten free diets. We are staying at BCV but have Cape May breakfast planned for the next morning, so Cape May dinner (crab legs would be the main draw) seems like too much? The best food at the Boardwalk seems to be Trattoria but that doesn't seem like a good choice for the gluten free folks. We are looking for something that is 1 DDP credit but not in a park, fairly easy to get to using Disney transportation, and not too fancy but not terrible food either haha! I'm having a terrible time narrowing it down, so I thought I'd ask for suggestions! Thanks!!

I don't think Cape May for dinner and breakfast is too much. Dinner is wonderful! Their salads are fantastic. The crab legs are good. There is plenty for everyone to eat. And it's right there.

Thank you! This is good to hear! It would definitely be the most convenient option. I'm feeling very "so many restaurants, so little time" and was afraid a repeat like that would feel like a "waste" of a slot haha! But it won't if it's good!

Hi! I am trying to find a place for dinner for a party of 9 that includes picky kids and gluten free diets. We are staying at BCV but have Cape May breakfast planned for the next morning, so Cape May dinner (crab legs would be the main draw) seems like too much? The best food at the Boardwalk seems to be Trattoria but that doesn't seem like a good choice for the gluten free folks. We are looking for something that is 1 DDP credit but not in a park, fairly easy to get to using Disney transportation, and not too fancy but not terrible food either haha! I'm having a terrible time narrowing it down, so I thought I'd ask for suggestions! Thanks!!
Trattoria is excellent, and they can accommodate gluten free. Most to all WDW restaurants can.

I agree that Trattoria will be able to accommodate you. I would also consider Ale & Compass at YC. It's right next door to BC and I think the food is excellent. I think Trattoria and A&C will be the most convenient for you. Not as convenient, but not terribly inconvenient would be the Wave at CR (bus to MK, walk to CR) or something at Disney Springs. Raglan Road could be fun for your group.

Boma at AKL. I have family members with allergies and a chef walks them around the buffet and makes stuff for them in the back to supplement.

Bongos at DS has some awesome steak and pork meals that are GF. We loved the atmosphere and the live music.

Boma at AKL is also a fan favorite because of the variety there too.

Another great place close to BC is Todd English Blue Zoo ( at Dolphin/Swan ) - amazing seafood.

Thank you all for the suggestions! I had thought about ale and compass but in pictures it seems a bit less kid friendly than some of the other options? We actually tried Boma on our last trip and I think it might be too adventurous for our group...I was the only one that tried anything new to us! I’m going to check out the gluten free menus for trattoria and the wave (kids do love that one...I’d forgotten about it!). Never considered bongos so will check that out too! Blue zoo doesn’t seem to take DDP?

On my last trip we managed to get a last minute reservation for 9 at Frontera Cocina. We all enjoyed our meals.

Thank you all for the suggestions! I had thought about ale and compass but in pictures it seems a bit less kid friendly than some of the other options? We actually tried Boma on our last trip and I think it might be too adventurous for our group...I was the only one that tried anything new to us! I’m going to check out the gluten free menus for trattoria and the wave (kids do love that one...I’d forgotten about it!). Never considered bongos so will check that out too! Blue zoo doesn’t seem to take DDP?

The restaurants are all kid friendly so I woudl choose based off of the menu. For a group that size any of the restaurants mentioned here would work well iMO.

Thank you all again! I think I’m going to show the gluten free menus for these suggestions and see what everyone thinks!

I don't know much about this....except that Rainforest Cafe told me you will be seated at two different tables if you have more than 8 people in your party. But the T-Rex Cafe told me they could sit 9 people together at a table.

The decor at Compass and Ale makes it look more upscale/less family-friendly than it is. I would not hesitate to bring children of any age there.

We ate at Cape May twice in one day (breakfast and dinner) due to convenience. They were so different you didn't really feel like you were ate the same place (character meal for breakfast versus a seafood buffet). There was a great variety on the buffet at night as well, which everyone enjoyed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter