Restaurant Reviews 12/1-12/4

bekkiz

DIS Veteran
We spent the first bit of our honeymoon at RPR and visited IOA and Dicovery Cove. After our cruise, we also spent a day at SeaWorld. As you'll see, we ate too well!

Honeymoon Restaurant Report

12/1/03

Jake’s, Royal Pacific Resort
Dinner: We arrived around 6 pm, and after getting checked in, we were quite hungry. Jakes was on the ground floor of the hotel, and we were seated right away. It was a fun atmosphere and the menu was neat to read. Adam had the steak sandwich (came with onion rings) and I had a turkey burger (with French fries). Both were quite good and our server was great. He brought us our choice of dessert free, as it was our honeymoon. We had the chocolate soufflé/lava cake. It wasn’t very big, but very rich and we couldn’t finish it! Score: 10/10 J

12/2/03

Croissant Moon, IOA
Breakfast: We just wanted a quick b-fast as we came into the park. Adam had the continental breakfast (Danish, fruit, milk) and I had the egg, ham and cheese sandwich. Both were good, although a touch on the pricey side. (What did we expect, it’s a theme park!) Score 7/10

Confisco Grille, IOA
Lunch: We couldn’t agree on where to eat, and checked out the menus of a few places. We made it to the front of the park, and the menu of Confisco Grille looked good to both of us (not an easy feat!) and it, like the rest of the park, was empty and we were seated right away. I had a chicken ceaser salad. The dressing was slightly on the bland side, but the chicken was really good and it had these little fried peppers on it, which made it very, very tasty! Adam had the buffalo “stingers,” basically chicken strips in a spicy buffalo sauce. They were very good. Our waitress was really nice, and very prompt with drinks, and it wasn’t very expensive for the food we got. Score: 9.5/10

The Burger Dig/ Cathy’s Ice Cream, IOA
Snack: I wanted ice cream and Adam wanted a milkshake so we visited two placesJ Both items were huge and each of us barely finished half. Neither was the best we had ever had, but passable as a theme park snack. Score: 7/10

Pastamore, CityWalk
Dinner: We wanted something quick and easy, plus Italian sounded good! I started with the peach sangria; it was delicious (I like sweet things, and this was perfect.) I also had the pizza margarita with chicken. Pretty simple, but satisfying. Adam had the lasagna. It was unlike any lasagna we had every seen, the pasta was wrapped around the filling, instead of being layered. Half of it was a red sauce and the other half was a white sauce. It was tasty, although Adam said mine was betterJ Score: 8/10

12/3/03
Orchid Lounge, RPR
Breakfast: We had this on the 3rd and 4th. It’s a neat set up with quick breakfast items like cereal, muffins, fruit etc. Both days we split a cinnamon roll, yogurt, milk and fruit. A good way to start the day Score: 10/10

Discovery Cove
Lunch: Adam had the fajitas and I had the steak sandwich. They’re the same meat, but the fajitas were much better in quantity and compliments. But, hey it was “free” and much better than it could have been, we were pretty happyJ

Tchoup Chop, RPR
Dinner: By far, my favorite meal of the trip! We started with the steamed dumplings; they were fantastic. Our waitress also brought a free starter for our honeymoon; it was some sort of fried dumpling with pork and veggies. I had the pork chop with sweet potatoes. Yum, yum, yum x 50! It was the biggest chop I had ever seen, the potatoes were amazing and it also had an apple chutney that added a great flavor. (Remember, I love sweet thingsJ) Adam had the Hawaiian Plate Dinner. He liked it, but wasn’t as overwhelmed as I was. For dessert I had the sweet potato pie. Again, it was delicious and I am now ruined for all other sweet potato pies! Adam had the banana cheesecake. It had a strong cream cheese flavor, but was otherwise good. Service was all around great. Score: me 15/10! Adam 9/10

12/7/03
Voyagers Wood Fired Pizzas, SeaWorld
Lunch: Looking at the park guide, this seemed like a good option for lunch. We both had the pizza (which came with really good French fries). Adam had a meat pizza; I had the “white pizza with spinach and veggies. Mine was not very warm, and the crust was bit dry (no sauce, hence the “white” designation). I should have ordered the cheese pizza. Score 7/10

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter