Restaurant Recommendations Request

Queen_of_Hearts

Earning My Ears
My husband and I (just the two of us) will be visiting DLP for the first time in September, and I'd love to get some recommendations for dining. We will be there for several days, and so far our must-do list consists of:
Walt's
California Grill
Inventions
Bistrot Chez Remy
Auberge de Cendrillon
Captain Jack's

I think my husband is interested in Buffalo Bill's dinner show, so we'll probably try to do that as well.

Are there any amazing restaurants missing from our list? Are any of these restaurants better for one meal than another? Do you have any tips or tricks on how we might be able to watch the fireworks during dinner at California Grill? What are your favorite counter service restaurants in the parks? Where do you go for dinner when the restaurants in the parks close early?

Thanks in advance for your recommendations!

I think you have all the table restaurants in the parks covered. After park closure, or the restaurants that remain open are not to your liking, you go to Disney Village or to the hotel restaurants. They are open till quite late. I think the latest reservations is at 10pm.

Some recent threads.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/first-visit-snack-food-recommendations-please.3748917/
https://www.disboards.com/threads/first-trip-to-disneyland-paris.3747057/#post-60567866

Small warning, if you are used to Disney World or even Disneyland Anaheim, lower your expectations when it comes to hoping for 'amazing' restaurants. By no means it's bad food that is served in Disneyland Paris, but it's a completely different league, especially in the parks (hotel restaurants and Village do a better job) in comparison to the US counter parts.

Small warning, if you are used to Disney World or even Disneyland Anaheim, lower your expectations when it comes to hoping for 'amazing' restaurants. By no means it's bad food that is served in Disneyland Paris, but it's a completely different league, especially in the parks (hotel restaurants and Village do a better job) in comparison to the US counter parts.

Fair point. I meant "amazing" relative to other choices at the parks, hotels, and Disney Village. :-)

We had dinner at Agrabah Cafe, because it was the only reservation we could get (California Grill was available but our kiddo was not doing well late in the day with the jet lag) and it ended up being my husband’s favorite meal. It is a buffet, but with the fairly genuine middle eastern flavours it was a welcome change from the standard fare we found everywhere else.

Bistro Chez Remy was fun for the theming but the food was mediocre and they had already run out of some of the menu options. 5:00 seemed to be the latest seating the day we went, so the restaurant was empty when we finished and we were able to take pictures with no one else in them, which was nice.

For lunch we went to the Pinocchio counter service place twice (can’t remember the name) as they have a half roasted chicken meal, and my partner prefers healthy protein based food and this made him happy. The food was comparable to the FL counter service options, though more expensive.

We also ate lunch at Five Guys in Disney Village once, primarily because I wanted a reliably allergen free meal (I have celiac) and Five Guys menu is all gluten free (as long as you forgo the bun). It was exactly as in other locations I’ve been to and reasonably priced.

So I've tried booking online and just called Paris directly - Bistrot Chez Remy is booked solid every day we're there (June 24-28). Is it possible to get walk-up reservations? Do they get a lot of cancellations?

So I've tried booking online and just called Paris directly - Bistrot Chez Remy is booked solid every day we're there (June 24-28). Is it possible to get walk-up reservations? Do they get a lot of cancellations?

It's possible. In fact they keep the reservations for 15 minutes after your reserved time, and after that they can give your table to someone else. Depending on when you're going they may simply turn you away, or with a bit of luck let you wait... But it can be a long wait :(

By the way I checked online (online reservations are possible via some country sites, I go via the belgian disneylandparis.be) and there seemed to be slots available for the 28th (depends on how many people you are)

My husband and I (just the two of us) will be visiting DLP for the first time in September, and I'd love to get some recommendations for dining. We will be there for several days, and so far our must-do list consists of:
Walt's
California Grill
Inventions
Bistrot Chez Remy
Auberge de Cendrillon
Captain Jack's

I think my husband is interested in Buffalo Bill's dinner show, so we'll probably try to do that as well.

Are there any amazing restaurants missing from our list? Are any of these restaurants better for one meal than another? Do you have any tips or tricks on how we might be able to watch the fireworks during dinner at California Grill? What are your favorite counter service restaurants in the parks? Where do you go for dinner when the restaurants in the parks close early?

Thanks in advance for your recommendations!

Great choices there!!

Just a couple of tips. The Auberge the Cendrillon is extremely popular and always fully booked. You should call 60 days before your wished date to book it (the restaurant reservation line is opened 24/24 so don't hesitate to book as early as possible!!)

Inventions is also a very popular restaurant, but this one can be booked online (try the Belgian website, disneylandparis.be) so I'ld also suggest you book it asap!

Skip Auberge if you don’t have kids, and skip Inventions, as it’s a sub-par buffet with boring theming imho.

Agrabah Cafe is a much better buffet than Inventions, both in terms of food and theming.

Captain Jack’s, Walt’s & California Grill are places you might want to do twice - the food is actually amazing (as opposed to most food at DLP:)).

Silver Spur is also great if you feel like a good steak.

Buffalo Bill’s was amazing - both the show & the food.

Captain Jack’s, Walt’s & California Grill are places you might want to do twice - the food is actually amazing (as opposed to most food at DLP:)).
Has Captain Jack's recently turned their food around? I've read some reviews that the food is pretty poor, but they might be a couple years old.

Speaking of food ...

How far away from Disney do you need to get for some good (not fancy) local food at reasonable prices? Oh yea the kicker is I don't speak much French - only have a few phrases and words :sad2:

And our mode of transportation - is public - the trains / metro / bus.

And (there's always an "And" or "But") ...
Are there good Crepes an a good Patisserie close to Disney?

Merci (showing off one of those words I know)

Speaking of food ...

How far away from Disney do you need to get for some good (not fancy) local food at reasonable prices? Oh yea the kicker is I don't speak much French - only have a few phrases and words :sad2:

And our mode of transportation - is public - the trains / metro / bus.

And (there's always an "And" or "But") ...
Are there good Crepes an a good Patisserie close to Disney?

Merci (showing off one of those words I know)

What exactly are you looking for?

There’s great food in Paris, basically anything you buy, even the cheapest stuff is usually great (we just get the simplest bread & cheese at the supermarket and it’s still unbelievable).

But if you go to Paris I’d recommend not skipping the fancy stuff :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter