Restaurant recommendations near Boardwalk

b1234

Earning My Ears
I am planning a trip in November for my family including kids - 22 month old, 5 year old, and 10 year old, as well as my parents. Looking for your favorite restaurants near the Boardwalk resort. Since we will be there and have all of Epcot plus that area available to us, I figured we might as well save on travel time and eat around there. I have been seeing a lot of recommendations for Shula's - would that be okay with the kids? I know everything is relatively kid friendly since it is Disney but I don't want to go somewhere we will have to worry about them. Thanks!

I'm a fan of Cape May Cafe at Beach Club (buffet & characters at breakfast either on a 'sleep in day' or as late as possible and count as lunch) & we hardly make a trip w/o a stop at Beaches & Cream (burgers, fries, shakes 50's dinner) small space so you do need ADR. We also like ESPN for cheaper (for Disney) food when paying OOP. I was resolved to eat at Big River Grille my last trip but didn't make it. Shula's seems more fancy, expensive steakhouse than family friendly vacation dinner JMO.

Last edited:
My daughter and I really enjoyed the Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno. The portions are pretty big and the character interaction was good. Price was reasonable for a character meal and we liked the food. We scheduled the latest seating and basically had it for lunch. I had the calzone and my DD had the steak and both made for a good lunch.

Every restaurant at WDW (except Victoria & Albert's ) is child friendly. Having said that, Shula's may not be the best choice for your situation, unless you don't have access to a classic high-end steakhouse at home. Their food is very good, but a formal steakhouse will probably hold little appeal for the kids.

You're going to get recommendations and warnings about every restaurant, so it would be helpful to know your preferences, such as buffet or not, does price matter, does it have to be American-style steak/seafood, etc.

Personally, I think Teppan Edo would be good for a group your size, fun for the kids, and serves good-quality beef/seafood.

We like Tratoria Al Forno for dinner at the Boardwalk. We really like the food and it is perfect environment-wise for families.

Biergarten in Germany or Teppen Edo in Japan for entertainment the whole family will enjoy. If you're looking for good food try Cape May or Ale & Compass.

I agree with the PP who though Shula's may not be the best option at this time, it is a leisurely meal for sure. But if you're kids are quiet or can be still for a couple of hours the food is amazing. Just thinking about taking my DS when he was 5 sends a shiver up my spine. We were there a couple of years ago for our 20th anniversary, the table next to us had a bunch of young kids but they were all quiet.

Yachtsmen and Flying Fish if you're looking for something more "upscale".

Last edited:

Shula’s is an upscale high end steakhouse in a convention resort. It is less child friendly than many Disney Restaurants.

Yachtsman is probably a better choice than Shula's--similar menu but maybe a bit more kid friendly. Avoid Cape May for dinner--Golden Corral quality food at Disney-level prices. Ale & Compass restaurant might be the best option, but if you have park hoppers then Rose & Crown and Chefs de France are a short walk from the Boardwalk area.

I love Shula's but I feel it's not a great restaurant for the littles ones. While they do have a kid's menu it's very limited to 2 options.

I would recommend Tratoria Al Forno especially for breakfast. One of the better character meals on Disney property. Also Beaches & Cream over at the Beach Club is very kid friendly.

For Epcot itself I would recommend Teppan Edo, Via Napoli (because what kid doesn't like pizza?), Garden Grill (great for breakfast and lunch/dinner) because it's all you can eat but you don't have to get up as the food is brought to your table.

Beaches and Cream is amazing - highly recommend, especially with kids! Make sure to save room for dessert, or just get dessert.

Trattoria is a good option.
Enjoy Flying Fish for seafood.
Beaches and Cream is really fun. Need ADR for inside, otherwise they have anoutside window with fewer options.
Il Mulino at the Swan has very good Italian.

We love Cape May Cafe at The Beach Club. It is a buffet with lots of good stuff, especially seafood. Tratoria has a great character breakfast called Bon Voyage, the food is made to order and sooo good, different kinds of dishes. Land Ariel, Prince Eric, Flynn, and Rapunzel were there, and they were absolutely terrific!

We had a very good experience at Il Mulino on our last trip (December 2018.) We did not have young kids with us, but saw other tables that did. I would definitely go back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter