• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Restaurant Marrakesh review (long)

Originally posted by Forever42

Thanks for all the positive responses, guys. This has made me put together the idea of a web site based solely on Disney restaurant reviews with pictures. I took a lot of pictures at Chef Mickey's yesterday, and I'll work on the review tonight during class.

Please post a link when you get your website up!

I just read on my water parks voucher thread that someone was denied refill stickers on their resort mug. But I remember now that I saw someone last Saturday with a resort mug with a refill sticker.

Regarding how "exotic" Marrakesh is, I don't consider it too exotic, really. The most unusual dish was the chicken bastilla, and everything else was very familiar.

And regarding how much food it was, we definitely could have shared and had enough food. Whether or not they allow you to share is another story. You'll have to ask when you get there. We can be pretty big eaters even though we're on diets, and we were still incredibly full by the end. If I had thought of doing the review site one day earlier, I would have had pictures.

And then regarding the review site, I'm having major problems with my digital camera. I'm going to be getting a new one for my college graduation, but it won't be for a couple weeks. I'm hoping I can find a way around it until then. :/

Congratulations on your upcoming graduation!! Your family must be very proud of all your hard work!:bounce:

Regarding the post you read about someone being prevented from filling their resort mug, even though they had a sticker. Do you think they have CM's watching the self serve refill stations? (I've never seen one at TL).That seems to be counterproductive to having the sticker set-up they have....

hi:wave:
we would love to eat here::yes:: but my youngest son is a very picky eater,what do they serve for the kids?can you get typical kids fare:D

eve:sunny:

No, I meant that the person said they were not given a refill sticker on their resort mug, they said they had to buy a new one. The DBf and I have two mugs, but only buy one refill sticker to split.

Here is the kids' menu from AllEarsNet. The table next to us ordered two hamburger plates and a pasta, and it seemed that their kids had no problem. The couscous is also very mildly flavored.

And yes, they had lamb - the lamb shank was the usual item on the Royal Feast, we just didn't like it and asked for it to be replaced. It was a LARGE piece of lamb, from the looks of other tables' plates. They also have roast lamb and lamb couscous.

Forever42,

Thanks. Believe it or not, my 5 y.o. daughter loves lamb. That's good to know. She's been hounding me about having lamb at WDW.

KIS

hi:wave:
forever42 thanks::yes::
just had a look at the link and the kids should be fine:D

eve:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter