Restaurant des Stars

We ate here Thursday 3rd December. The food was declicious and a wide choice. Its a all you can eat buffet, hot drinks such as hot chocolate and coffee are in the price but soft drinks, juice etc are extra.

It was very very slow getting to the checkout to pay and be seated but when i peered over the side there were loads of empty tables so not sure why it was so slow.

They bought out a covered plate which had Ratatouille under it he was talking and dancing which all the kids loved. It was brilliant

The only downside is there were 2 birds flying around landing everywhere and the staff were just laughing and singing free like a bird which Im sure wouldnt be the case if we got one in a restaurant here

we ate here in march using our free vouchers. although the food is quite similar to the plaza gardens i didnt enjoy it as much. i think it is missing some atmosphere.

we did eat loads though and there was soup, salads, couscous, pastas, pizza, pasta, meatballs, sauce, different meats and hot dishes, wedges, various cakes, fresh fruit, crepes and apple puree for anyone who has babies.

seeing as we had the free vouchers im not sure how much they charge for drinks but they are cans. i hope they arent three euros like in every other restaurant

im not sure if i would go back here, it was ok but the plaza gardens would win hands down.

We ate here on 26th July 2010. We were seated within about 5mins after arriving at about 2pm. It was pleasantly busy but not packed. Our waitress got all our drinks straight away and we got stuck in to the buffet!
There were plenty of starters( the usaul different types of salad and cold meat dishes) and mains. Lots of different dishes, my 8 yr old loved the roast chicken bits and ate lots of these! They only had one kind of pizza which flew out as soon as they replenished it, but in their defence it was very tasty!! My son however complained that there should have been more of it!!( he would live on pizza by the way if I let him!!).
My husband loved the meatballs ( and sauce ), sausages and cheesy potatoes. There was a great selection and it was replenished quickly. Personally i liked the chicken and the veg chilli.
Dessert was lovely, again a good selection of different cakes and tarts only in small slices, so you could get a bit of everything!!
I tried most of them and in imho (!!)they were all lovely, esp if you have sweet tooth like me!! The also had lots of fresh fruit and yoghurt drinks and crepes with lots of different sauces and fresh fruit salad. You also got a free hot drink, I had several even though they only specified one ( your other drinks had to be paid for seperately).
We would eat here again definately, it was light and airy and the tables were not all crammed together....well they did have to make room for this guy.......................................
dis22.jpg

.....The chef was great, very friendly and he made sure he visited every table , he even did a song and dance routine at one point!!

My family and I ate here on the 25th of September and really liked the food. I wish I could remember the names of the food better, but unfortunately I can't recall them. I know there was beef rib dish that was really good, as was the Beef Bourguignon. The chicken wings were pretty good, as was the rice dish.

Stars_Entrees.jpg

We also tried almost all of the desserts. Most were really good, but we especially liked the chocolate tart and crepes.

Stars_Desserts.jpg

Stars_Desserts2.jpg

And one of the best parts of eating at Resturant des Stars was getting to see Remy!

Remy_Stars.jpg

You can now have either a full buffet (3 course) or a 2 course version

Wonder how they stop people going up for starters in a buffet enviroment :confused3

019.jpg

They have now gone back to a one price buffet seemingly...thought it might be too difficult to control the Jun version :sad2:

054.jpg

my dd and i ate here last week. the buffet seemed to have improve since our last visit. there was plenty of choice and much better than the plaza gardens this time around. there was a much larger selection of desserts.

We ate here on 17th March, 12pm. We really liked the airy decoration and atmosphere. The buffet was plentiful, definitely something for everyone. My mum was a bit disappointed that she had to pay for tea on top of the buffet instead of being able to have it as her included drink.

Starters included couscous, pasta salads, salad items, bread rolls, pumpkin soup, croutons, pork pie, pate, olives, cheeses, coleslaw, Greek dolmades (my favourite!)

Mains included beef bourguignon, small new potatoes, pasta tossed in butter (dd loved this!), pasta sauces, meatballs, lamb curry, dover sole wrapped around salmon, ribs and bbq sauce,filled tortillini, lots of vegetables, sausages

Desserts included mini cakes, mini pots of strawberry, chocolate or vanilla mousses, chocolate torte, apple tarte, pear tarte, fruit flans, fresh fruit, donuts, sweets, cheesecake. All delicious, though I was disappointed I couldn't eat more as I was too full!

We met the little man himself

Overall we were impressed with Restaurant Des Stars and would return again. In total for 2 adults, 1 child and 1 infant we paid 68.47 - its also worth noting that my mum got a free afternoon hot drink voucher with her paid for tea in here.

This is a good buffet at a reasonable price. The price for an adult is €23.49 or €26.99 with a drink, and €14.49 for children. Under 3s eat free. Our son, who was 2, was given a free drink too.

For starters there was a large selection of salads. A good variety of hot dishes for main course, including meat, fish, pasta, and pizza. Great desserts. Our favourite was the pancakes and waffles that you could have with lots of different toppings. Also yogurts, plenty of fruit and more.

The chef brought out a trolley and on it was an animatronic Rémy. Children could gather round to see him and have photos taken.

October 2014
I wanted to eat at the new Chez Remy, Liam wanted to eat here, so decided to stick with what we know and love.
Wow what a shock !!! Where were all the main courses?
In the end I had some green salad, boiled eggs and bread rolls.
Liam had a pork steak and potatoes.
There was a reasonable selection of desserts, Liam filled up on those.
I couldn't work out why the coffee machine didn't work and was told its an additional cost and you have to now buy a token, really! I wasn't that desperate for a coffee although it would if made up for the lack of food :/
To top it all no Remy now and I'd forgotten to use my shareholders discount.
I've always rated RDS higher than Plaza Gardens, we didnt visit PG this trip to compare, but both agreed we won't rush back here.

Ate here in January as we had meal plan and it was one of the places included. For two adult meals and a drink each it was 72 euro. It is a buffet and they had a wide selection of food like chicken, beef, pizza, fish, meatballs, cheeses, salads, cold meats and then loads of different desserts including red velvet cake, cheesecake, ice-cream with various different toppings available. The food was all ok, there was a good choice but we probably wouldn't eat here if we didn't have a meal plan.

Last edited:
We ate here back in 2018 and I can't say I was that impressed. Like someone else said, it seemed like mainly side dishes and not much for main courses. I felt like I had a lot of really random items on my plate that didn't really go well together but I thought maybe that was a French thing so I went with it. lol I didn't care much for the vibe of the restaurant. Just seemed cold and uninviting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter