Restaurant Akershus to stop serving lunch, 10/24/04

jlproffitt

Earning My Ears
We got a call that our PS at Restaurant Akershus would have to be cancelled because effective 10/24/04, they will no longer be serving lunch at this location.

They will still be open for the character breakfast and for dinner...just not for lunch.

Bummer for us as it has been a tradition to have lunch there on each trip.:(

Ugh..bummer for us too, as this was one of our favorite lunch spots as well.

This is used to be a must do on every trip but with all the changes it no longer is. Such a shame as it was a beautiful and relaxing place with great people.

SG/Linda

I guess since the Princess breakfast has become more popular, they'll want to extend the hours of the breakfast. That would make lunch difficult to pull off. Well, as long as they still do the dinner. And luckily this is one dinner at Epcot that is reasonably priced.

Originally posted by Harambe
I guess since the Princess breakfast has become more popular, they'll want to extend the hours of the breakfast.
I pressed to try to get some information, but that's all I got. With the new breakfast, I agree that could be the cause. But don't they still do lunch at CRT after that breakfast? So that made me wonder about the recent changes where they no longer had the hot buffet but they would bring you an item at a time. Something weird about that.

I wonder if the restaurant just hasn't been popular for lunch?

We always enjoyed it because it was:
  1. A buffet
  2. Cheap (by Disney standards)
  3. Easy to get to right when the Showcase opened up
    [/list=1]

So....big sigh.:sad2:

It must be because the breakfast has become successful. We have had lunch there on many occasions and really enjoy the place. Its and excellent place to eat.

Okay, so let me get this straight: they're discontinuing the NORWEGIAN lunch in the NORWEGIAN PAVILION because of a generic American breakfast? Hmph! :mad:

Wow, I am so disappointed in reading this too. Its our favorite place to go for dh and I. Of course the lunch is less expensive than the dinner. Wondering if they will only keep the dinner entree choices or will they combine some of the entrees that were offered for lunch as well. Gee I guess when they closed for those kitchen renovations it was only for the benefit of the story book breakfast. Hmm, remember when hollywood and vine closed for lunch too. I thinks disneys comments were something like it was not meeting our performan$e expecta$ion$. I guess if it doesnt meet the cost effective bottom line then its out of there, doesnt matter what the paying customers want. Gee. It sure doesnt surprise me. I know its never really crowded, that is the reason why we go, peaceful and great food. etc.

The lunch buffet was our favorite meal at Epcot. This is really disappointing.

I guess we'll have to give the Biergarten a try next time.

Bummer!!!! We usually eat lunch there once a trip --- it has become a tradition. Unfortunately, it took us about 15 years to discover how good it is, after DH ate dinner there one night and thought it was way too wierd. The cold buffet at lunch is excellent!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter