Resorts reopening

Rick195275

DIS Veteran
I’ve been trying to find the information somewhere but only updates seem to be from the summer. Do we know when the non-dvc rooms for the resorts will be reopening? I know poly is still a while away but what about the rest? Any dates for jambo or wilderness lodge? Appreciate any help!

There have been no opening dates given for those resorts as well as BWI and BC in the deluxe category.

There are still values and moderates with no dares as well, Honestly, I don’t expect more of the deluxe until Spring or Summer, but it’s a guess,

I do think that WL and Jambo will be the last to come online in the deluxe category.

There have been no opening dates given for those resorts as well as BWI and BC in the deluxe category.

There are still values and moderates with no dares as well, Honestly, I don’t expect more of the deluxe until Spring or Summer, but it’s a guess,

I do think that WL and Jambo will be the last to come online in the deluxe category.
I’m planning a trip for April right now and trying to figure what will be open and what will still be closed. Appreciate the info! I didn’t realize BWI and BC were still dvc only also!

I kinda think WL is one of the easiest to open just because the staffing levels for BRV and CCV help cover a lot out of the gate.

Jambo will be last. It is the biggest and takes the most staff of the closed resorts.

I kinda think WL is one of the easiest to open just because the staffing levels for BRV and CCV help cover a lot out of the gate.

Jambo will be last. It is the biggest and takes the most staff of the closed resorts.

I had read that they were doing some renovations at WL so that was why I figured it be one of the last ones.

I've always assumed WL and AKL would be some of the last to open more for crowd control issues. These resorts are typically cheaper than other deluxe resorts, and have more rooms than other deluxe resorts. If they cannot open capacity, why start filling the more popular, larger deluxe resorts? Its a big reason I think most of the All Star resorts aren't reopening. Since they are really just made to hold people (though I know they are trying to refurb). Also makes it so that those who would stay at say All Star Sports have to spend extra cash to move to Pop, or if you typically stay at WL you can either pay the extra cash and stay at the Contemporary or downgrade to a Moderate. I think until capacity opens they will likely not be reopening any resorts. Its my theory. We shall see. We are staying at AKL in March and while I keep my toes crossed that JAmbo reopens, I'm not holding my breath.

Since the CCV conversion WL hotel is pretty small. It is 430 units. Compare to YC, which is considered small, and even YC has more than 600 units.
That's true. I always forget the CCV took up a bunch of rooms. Thanks for pointing it out. It always seems bigger than Yacht there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter