Resort ressie prior to July 11

tbssenterprises

DIS Veteran
Ugh. So, I'm sure no one has the answer yet, and I'm sure there are others in this same boat. I have a ressie starting July 5.....room only. Which I'd like to either cancel or move out to the fall. I can't change it online and tried to call today and the automatic answer was that there is nothing being done right now.

I'm sure I will get a refund on my deposit (they normally are good)......but what if they don't open up the ressies until that point and my ressie is locked in. I'm sure it will work out....just venting I guess..... :crutches: :crutches:

Ok. I must have missed that. Thanks. It's still hanging out there. I really just wanted to switch it to another date as I would have preferred just switching the deposit money over in one transaction.

According to my TA, rolling cancellations still seem to be going on. She told me she got notification that guests with reservations between June 14 - June 20 will be sent e-mails tonight letting them know their reservations are impacted by the closure and that they have the choice of canceling (or having WDW auto-cancel closer to their dates) or modifying starting tomorrow. I don't know if this is the same form letter that has gone out every week and that modification notice is a typo? I guess we'll see if anyone is able to modify late June reservations tomorrow.

Reservations before 11 July are being cancelled.
This is not what multiple team members have told me on the phone. My reservation is July 5-July 12th. I have been told to not cancel and that I will be contacted via email regarding my reservation. I will be able to modify for a later date, or if AKL Jambo House is open (resort I'm staying at) I will be able to keep the reservation and do resort only prior to parks opening. Several TMs have told me this, but there have also been a few who have told me that they do not know what will happen to my reservations as of yet. So many mixed messages.

This is not what multiple team members have told me on the phone. My reservation is July 5-July 12th. I have been told to not cancel and that I will be contacted via email regarding my reservation. I will be able to modify for a later date, or if AKL Jambo House is open (resort I'm staying at) I will be able to keep the reservation and do resort only prior to parks opening. Several TMs have told me this, but there have also been a few who have told me that they do not know what will happen to my reservations as of yet. So many mixed messages.
My YC reservation for 1 to 11 July disappeared from MDE, app and website. When I contacted my TA in the US she said that WDW are cancelling reservations up to 11 July. She had a reservation at Pop for 2 July that was also cancelled. She said that WDW are not sending notifications and that the cancelled reservations just vanish from MDE and her booking system. There is no offer to honour any ‘deals’, eg, Bounceback or AP discounts or move to an ‘open’ resort and the TA can’t modify the reservation.
This is my experience and what I have been told.
I have a reservation from 12 July, also at YC which is still ‘alive’.
I hope that you have better luck!

We have a July 1st to 8th reservation for POR. The “My Disney Experience“ App says they have received our order for Magic Bands and they will ship them shortly. We have called the Disney line each day for the last 2 weeks to change the dates. No one will help us. (We are also Passholders.)
I feel that Disney does not understand that our lives are sort of ON HOLD until we can move the dates. Just like everyone else, we have other things to schedule.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thank You for any help you can give!

We have a July 1st to 8th reservation for POR. The “My Disney Experience“ App says they have received our order for Magic Bands and they will ship them shortly. We have called the Disney line each day for the last 2 weeks to change the dates. No one will help us. (We are also Passholders.)
I feel that Disney does not understand that our lives are sort of ON HOLD until we can move the dates. Just like everyone else, we have other things to schedule.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thank You for any help you can give!

The only thing we can do is wait for them to re-open the reservation system. At this point in time, the only thing the reservation CMs can do is cancel reservations. They can't modify and they can't make new reservations. You could certainly contact guest relations and let them know of your dilemma so they can understand how many guests are feeling at this time. Otherwise, I would keep an eye on these boards to see if and when people can get modifications to go through.

Thanks, Dave006 and Marthasor!
I will keep an eye on these boards. Modifications have to happen eventually!
Patience - I need more patience!
Thanks! 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!