Resort Refurbs

cinderella78

Earning My Ears
Is there a list somewhere of which resorts have recently had a refurb, and which are due for one and when they are doing it? It seems to me DVC should be more open about when these things are planned. Especially to DVC members...

You will find that DVC doesn't share much info. My guess is that they don't want to be held to the published info in case dates change, projects get cancelled, or other reasons.

:earsboy: Bill

At the DVC Annual Meeting, held each year in December, the manager for each DVC resort will give an overview of what changes were made at their resort(s) for the past year and the plan for the coming year. This overview/plan includes renovations, planned changes to furnishings, etc. Some guests have even been asked to comment on proposed changes (like the "wood" flooring for OKW a few years ago).

While there is no published list sent to members, a review of past reports for annual meetings would typically have this information. In addition, there are also active reports from guests at resorts under renovation right here on the DVC Resorts forum.

Here is a link to reports from the 2013 Annual Meeting with announcement and images of the VWL renovation (among other things) - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3208303 and another link to the 2011 Annual Meeting - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2843702

I am assuming this annual meeting is held at WDW? Who is invited to this meeting, are all DVC members invited? After looking over the link it sure looks like they share VERY little info with us members. Thanks for the info.

H

I am assuming this annual meeting is held at WDW? Who is invited to this meeting, are all DVC members invited? After looking over the link it sure looks like they share VERY little info with us members. Thanks for the info.

H

It's held at WDW in December each year, all members are invited to attend. More of a legal formality, approving the budgets so they can send out the dues bills, they provided a short overview of planned changes and refurbs.

Prior to last year they would have some entertainment and a question and answer session. Last year the new management discontinued the entertainment and cut the program by an hour or more. Our dues pays for the meeting so I guess we saved some money.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter