Resort recommendations

marinejjh

DIS Veteran
We are trying to plan for mid November a trip to Disney World. I am looking for recommendations for some resorts, maybe a Moderate resort. We have stayed at All Stat Movies, and AKL the lasy visit. We will be at the parks for most of the days, kids are 12 and 14, but would like something nicer than a value buy not the cost of a delux.

I agree with the Coronado Springs recommendation. If you can swing it, I'd do the Tower. It's less than a year old and is full of bells and whistles. Tower water has come great views!

We are trying to plan for mid November a trip to Disney World. I am looking for recommendations for some resorts, maybe a Moderate resort. We have stayed at All Stat Movies, and AKL the lasy visit. We will be at the parks for most of the days, kids are 12 and 14, but would like something nicer than a value buy not the cost of a delux.

You may try Port Orleans French Quarter or Riverside. I say that as they probably feel they have outgrown the value resorts. I have stayed here and grown ups can really enjoy just the sheer beauty of either. Plus you are a short boat ride to Disney Springs. Have an amazing trip.

I stayed at Gran Destino Tower for 2 nights at the end of my October trip and it was the most beautiful hotel I think I've ever stayed at, not just on Disney property. Soooo much artwork and detail went into that place, you've gotta take some time to take a look at everything in the lobby once you get there. My best friend and I ended up being upgraded to a 1-bedroom suite, which was totally out of the blue, but AMAZING as far as Disney magic goes. The water views out the one side are gorgeous, but our room was on the HS side of the building. I could see Galaxy's Edge, Tower of Terror, the hot air balloon at Disney Springs, and Epcot all from the same window. I went to sleep staring at the bright green Hollywood Tower Hotel sign. 😍😍😍

Port Orleans would be a good fit too, bonus that you can take the boats down to Disney Springs, bonus(ier?).... BEIGNETS.

We have kids about that same age. Overall, our favorite is the Wilderness cabins. Next is a tie between Coronado Springs and POR. We did NOT like POFQ and while we did like AoA Little Mermaid--we stayed hot. The a/c was motion sensor (?) and constantly kicked off during the night, so I was up every 30 min messing with the air. (never again) We did not like CBR either, no real reason, just MEH. Our last trip, we stayed at YC, it was great and we LOVED being able to walk from Epcot---- but the kids still said they prefer the cabins

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!