Resort pools lifejackets

TammyLynn33

DIS Veteran
are they provided ? Are there height restrictions at pool slides?
What about lifejackets on slides ?
Any advice would be great

They are provided in a variety of sizes, even up to adult sizes. They have the weights listed on the inside of the jackets. Can't remember if there was a height limit for the slide, but our kiddos have definitely worn life jackets on the slide at POR.

I'd think lifejackets would make going down the slides really difficult. Just a thought. They are available at the resorts though.

My son wore a life jacket on the boardwalk slide. It didn't get in the way at all.

The water is usually very deep where the slide lets out.

I don't recall any height restrictions on the pool slides. Keep in mind that they typically end in several feet of water and don't generally have a life guard at the top letting kids know it's safe to go, so for young ones consider a life jacket and having someone take them to the top and someone else waiting at the bottom.

Both our kiddos wore vests on slides and needed "catching" at the bottom. The lifeguards were super cool about it at every pool we've been to across multiple trips and multiple resorts per trip. They have stands with them all laid out. Very nice/easy.

Pretty sure they are provided at most if not all pools in a variety of sizes. My kids wore them on the slides and had no issue :)

The pools all have life jackets and they can be worn on the slides. My kids always wear them. They also have them in adult sizes. I will wear one sometimes because while I can swim, I am really bad at floating, so if I don't want to have to keep moving/swimming its nice to put one on and just float sometimes. ;-)

How small are the life jackets at the resorts. My son will be about 15 months and weighting probably 20-24 lbs. just wondering if the ones at the resorts will work for him or if I should take one.

If you have the space in your luggage, I suggest bringing one. We stayed at AKL when our son was 2 and all of the jackets in his size were taken. I don't know if it was extremely short supply or guests took the jackets to their room so they could use them again (not many people in the pool when we went). Either way, it was a disappointment. We made a quick trip to Walmart to buy one so we wouldn’t worry the remainder of the trip.

How small are the life jackets at the resorts. My son will be about 15 months and weighting probably 20-24 lbs. just wondering if the ones at the resorts will work for him or if I should take one.

There are infant life jackets available for little ones up to 30 lbs. (Larger sizes available as well).

If you have the space in your luggage, I suggest bringing one. We stayed at AKL when our son was 2 and all of the jackets in his size were taken. I don't know if it was extremely short supply or guests took the jackets to their room so they could use them again (not many people in the pool when we went). Either way, it was a disappointment. We made a quick trip to Walmart to buy one so we wouldn’t worry the remainder of the trip.
Thanks I’ll just do the same

The slides at Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter have a red light and green light to signal when sliders need to wait and when they are clear to go. I don't know what triggers the green light; it does not appear to be a timer so it may be sensors for the area around the exit of the slide. Our four and five year olds understood the lights and there was no need for an adult to be with them at the top of the slide.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts