Resort Photo Session Questions

kimsuenew

DIS Veteran
Hello! :goodvibes As we have only ever had one family photo taken, we are wanting to do one of the sessions. We are two adults and a teenager, no little ones.

Is there a site somewhere (similar to Stitch Kingdom about Photopass itself) that explains this in detail? Or is there a link in here (Disboards) that fully explains it?

I know this will be our last vacation for quite some time (years), so we want to do this as part of our vacation. :)

Here are my big/main questions:

1. If I am in a Photopass share, and have a copy of the receipt, I can get a session for $25.00, correct?

2. After the session, does the Photopass Resort Photographer give me a card from the session or a disk of pictures?

3. Irregardless of what he/she gives me, can I add these to my Photopass account and add borders and such to the pictures?

4. What Resorts (I only know of the Poly, GF, & SSR) do these sessions?

5. Is there a special number that one must call to schedule a session?

6. I have very liited mobility, but do not wish for the EVC to be in the
picture. Does anyone have recommendations for which place would be best for me to be able to walk around outside at? I could go in the sand a little ways, if there was a path nearby for instance?

7. Do you tip your photographer and if so, like 20% of the origional setting fee?

8. What did you all wear to coordinate for the photo? Is it best if everyone is in white or perhaps light blue?

9. How long does a typical session last?

10. Can you schedule early morning sessions (I am worried about the "sweating factor" due to the heat)?

Thank you VERY much for reading my post and TIA for any insight you can offer! :flower3: Kim

I may be able to answer a few of your ? My DH and I had this done last Dec. We used the GF location as this was all very new and that was our only choice.
1)you give them your receipt/confirmation number before the session and they will charge you $25 instead of the $50 reg.
2)if you have any pictures already on a PP card they will add them to that one after the session. otherwise they will give you a PPcard of pics. you will add all your cards together when you get home and order 1 cd.
3)you can add borders and such to the pics once you get home.
4)I believe those are the only ones right now.
5)I called the GF and asked for the PP desk and was connected. I would decide which resort you want to use and call directly. You must have ressies.
6)we stopped at many different spots, all of them were on stable ground exept several spots in the sand and in a hammock. They were very accomodating, I am sure you could ride along in the evc and just get out and get your pic taken and get back in it and ride along to the next site.
7)we did not tip
8)we did a Christmas theme--white shirt and red sweater for me, red dress shirt for DH, we both wore kahki pants. I think as long as you don't clash you are good. The family before us did kahki and white dress shirts and it looked very nice.
9)30 min
10)you can schedule anytime--but it was suggested to me that the early evening hours are best because of the squinting issue caused by the sun. We chose 4:30--it was December--dark by 5:30.
We loved doing this--used it as our Christmas pic last year.
Deb

I may be able to answer a few of your ? My DH and I had this done last Dec. We used the GF location as this was all very new and that was our only choice.
1)you give them your receipt/confirmation number before the session and they will charge you $25 instead of the $50 reg.
2)if you have any pictures already on a PP card they will add them to that one after the session. otherwise they will give you a PPcard of pics. you will add all your cards together when you get home and order 1 cd.
3)you can add borders and such to the pics once you get home.
4)I believe those are the only ones right now.
5)I called the GF and asked for the PP desk and was connected. I would decide which resort you want to use and call directly. You must have ressies.
6)we stopped at many different spots, all of them were on stable ground exept several spots in the sand and in a hammock. They were very accomodating, I am sure you could ride along in the evc and just get out and get your pic taken and get back in it and ride along to the next site.
7)we did not tip
8)we did a Christmas theme--white shirt and red sweater for me, red dress shirt for DH, we both wore kahki pants. I think as long as you don't clash you are good. The family before us did kahki and white dress shirts and it looked very nice.
9)30 min
10)you can schedule anytime--but it was suggested to me that the early evening hours are best because of the squinting issue caused by the sun. We chose 4:30--it was December--dark by 5:30.
We loved doing this--used it as our Christmas pic last year.
Deb

Deb ~ THANK YOU very much for answering my questions, it is very helpful! :flower3: I bet your Christmas pictures/cards were awesome!

Hi Kim!!!

GF, Poly, SSR, BW, WL and AKL ...although I don't think AKL is until the end of the month:confused3

I will be sending out receipts today, so keep your eye out for it! I think we will be doing AKL! I just don't know what we are going to wear.

Lisa:goodvibes

Hi Kim!!!

GF, Poly, SSR, BW, WL and AKL ...although I don't think AKL is until the end of the month:confused3

I will be sending out receipts today, so keep your eye out for it! I think we will be doing AKL! I just don't know what we are going to wear.

Lisa:goodvibes

LOL! Great minds... :rotfl: Awesome, thanks so much Lisa!

We are trying to decide! AKL is gorgeous, we loved our stay at SSR, the Poly is beautiful, and even though we have not seen the GF, pictures of it look awesome!

Yes, outfits are a challenge to say the least! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter