Resort Photo Session FAQ

It looks like they have raised the price to $150 - up from $99. I just called last week to get information. Should have booked then.

Really, Disney. $150 sometimes it seems like they are just trying to take blood from a stone.

I was thinking about doing it and wasn't sure if I would or not. They just made up my mind for me. I'm not spending $150.

O know for sure now I will never do this. I thought 100 was high, and then they took away the prints, but upping it another $50 on top of that. NO WAY!

O know for sure now I will never do this. I thought 100 was high, and then they took away the prints, but upping it another $50 on top of that. NO WAY!

I agree with you! I've been contemplating doing the Photo Session again in September -- but now I made up my mind & that's a big "NO!" I had a coupon last June so I only paid $84 (including tax) which I thought was decent for seven 5x7's plus the CD.

We got a ton of great pictures & they're hanging throughout the house -- the only family portraits that I liked enough to hang up! I was looking forward to doing this at the BC since we're staying there this year -- it would've been so convenient! I know a part of me will be sad everytime I walk by the Photo Desk in the lobby wishing that I could do it -- but there's no way I'm paying $150 for it and not getting any prints on top of that!

I'll just take my own pics throughout our vacation -- and use the PhotoPass Photographers in the parks (free pics!) I already buy the PP CD -- not spending another $150 on this session even though I loved it last year. They have to make a huge amount of money on these sessions as it is, why raise the price so much & take away features? :sad2:

They just raised the price on June 1. And it doesn't include any pictures, just the CD. I'm torn. I think the photos would be great but $150 is quite a chunk of change.

I agree with you! I've been contemplating doing the Photo Session again in September -- but now I made up my mind & that's a big "NO!" I had a coupon last June so I only paid $84 (including tax) which I thought was decent for seven 5x7's plus the CD.

We got a ton of great pictures & they're hanging throughout the house -- the only family portraits that I liked enough to hang up! I was looking forward to doing this at the BC since we're staying there this year -- it would've been so convenient! I know a part of me will be sad everytime I walk by the Photo Desk in the lobby wishing that I could do it -- but there's no way I'm paying $150 for it and not getting any prints on top of that!

I'll just take my own pics throughout our vacation -- and use the PhotoPass Photographers in the parks (free pics!) I already buy the PP CD -- not spending another $150 on this session even though I loved it last year. They have to make a huge amount of money on these sessions as it is, why raise the price so much & take away features? :sad2:

I agree Hope. We were going to do it last Dec, and we had the coupon too, but then Skip had to get his hip redone and we postponed the trip. I debated over doing it then in the Spring, but we no longer had a coupon, and wit hteh cruise, our time was limited on site anyways..and then of course he ended up not going anyways. So I have had it in the back of my mind to give it a try next time we all go...but not now. I'll just hope for a good photopass one, or have my friend come over this summer and use my camera and get us all.

We've really enjoyed doing the photo session... have done it twice at WL, once Poly and once BC.
For our upcoming Thanksgiving trip, we REALLY wanted to keep with our tradition and do a photo shoot at WL again....
and am VERY disappointed to see not only will they not do them there anymore... but what!!!??? price increase now to $150 on top of that?

UGH! Really is something we've enjoyed doing, and am sad to know we won't be doing it anymore now. Price is just too much out of our range right now. Thought maybe we'd do BC for our holiday photos since no WL.... not happy about that... but nope, with the price increase, forget it. We're done with the photo shoots. :sad1:

You know, before they changed this over... yeah, I suppose they were popular enough, but really we never had any problem getting an appointment for around when we wanted one, nor did we have a problem when most instances we were running a good bit ahead of schedule and we went and checked and yep, they were able to take us earlier than scheduled. I think they were priced JUST right to begin with and was happy with the quality and always was happy with the various photographers we had.
I would have to assume that now that they've made this change they will get less people interested... or perhaps not... if they felt the need to up the price again, do they really have lots of people still doing this?

I was thinking about doing it and wasn't sure if I would or not. They just made up my mind for me. I'm not spending $150.

I did it last year and loved it. I got the prints with the CD as I booked before they changed that. I wouldn't mind the additional cost IF they could reassure us exactly what we would be getting with this newly structured package that we didn't before. However that is not the way it works.

I have just recommended it as a must do to someone on another thread. I am going back to edit my post. I can't be a hypocrite. That is not in my budget. Sorry Disney. Just lost a very loyal customer. :sad2:
If they can come back and 'sell us' on at least one or two improvements they are promising, yeah, I'll reconsider. But right now, I am going to delete the reminder from my planner. It is N/A to me

What a strange website setup they seem to have for contacting them with queries :confused3 This is the Disney Event Photography site, which incidentally also reflects the increased price.

I thought I would see where the Contact Us link took me. I filled in all my contact information, they want to know where you heard about them, date of your vacation, blah blah blah ... And when it gets to the part for your message there is a box asking you to tell them "What excites you about Disney" :confused: So Contact Us is really just tanslated into a request to provide data for Disney's own market research ????

Does the Beach Club have the hammock too? I've seen GF and Poly pics with a hammock.

Just back from our vacation and our GF mini photo session was on June 7th at 6pm. We have done the photo session 4 seperate time ( first one way back when it was $25 add on). We have gone through the price changes and had done sessions at GF, Poly and WL.

First I have to say that this was the worst we've every had. I honestly want to complain and feel like we waisted our $100. My DH said we would never do this again. I had been their before and the GF was our favorite photo session so I was looking for specific spots. The last time their we had photos (30 min), we took pictures as a group and inviduals ......
in Leather chairs
in front of windows
second floor balcony
reverse of DD and flower arrangement in mirror
lawn
fountain
beach ( hammock, standing with Poly in back ground and standing around with palms)

The photographer this time ( 30 minutes) was very slow, talked an bunch ( could not talk and shoot at same time), took forever to pose us ( 4 people) and then took forever to get the lighting just right. We shot one pose for multiple shots and didn't even get the kids together or individual....
on the beach sitting ( no poly back ground)
in leather chair
the worst window picture ever

She was 5 minutes late and repeated how sorry she was and that she would take more time if she didn't have another family right after us. Now that we are home the photos are awful. I don't even think I have one good one for our family holiday cards this year.

We won't be doing this again. I hate to complain and never do but I really want to complain about this one.

They just raised the price on June 1. And it doesn't include any pictures, just the CD. I'm torn. I think the photos would be great but $150 is quite a chunk of change.

I have the same dilemma. We had a great session last year and when I step back and look at it, yes, it would still be worth the extra money IF, and that's a big conditional IF, we get the same or similar experience and results. But I am awaiting the outcome of wdwmaw's discussions with the team before I make my decision as having an avenue by which to complain if you are not happy is one thing, but it is the final outcome I am interested in.

While it is all good and well if they were, say, to offer a refund, it is still a whole lot of running around and correspondence (time!!) to deal with it, not to mention the time taken out of the vacation to get to the session, have it done and then get to where you want to be. I want to know what happens if the end result is less than pleasing so I am watching the progress of this very closely before I part with any money this time.

How disappointing! I didn't realize it had gone up and had my budget all together for our upcoming trip in December, including a photo session at the Poly. I've never done the photo session before, but I'm going to opt out with the price increase. The pictures I've seen seem really hit or miss and I know I would be really upset if I spent $150, came home, and the pictures weren't good. I'm already getting the regular photo pass and paying $150 for photos at Discovery Cove, I just can't justify adding another $50 to all of that.:(

Well, I'm going to try the mini session at the end of October, when we go. We had our family portrait taken back in November of last year and they came out great and all my DD really wants is to have her senior pics done in Disney so I just booked her appt. I made her appt on the 2nd day of our stay and plan to check out all the pics on the CD that very day (will take to a Walmart if necessary). Should they not come out decent, we'll have to time to reschedule another shoot before we leave & I did confirm with a manager that we would be able to do this should this happen (although she tried to re-assure me that they haven't had any issues so far - yeah right!). Even at $150, it's still less than what our area photographers are charging for senior pictures so I'm hoping for the best. Wish us luck!

Well, I'm going to try the mini session at the end of October, when we go. We had our family portrait taken back in November of last year and they came out great and all my DD really wants is to have her senior pics done in Disney so I just booked her appt. I made her appt on the 2nd day of our stay and plan to check out all the pics on the CD that very day (will take to a Walmart if necessary). Should they not come out decent, we'll have to time to reschedule another shoot before we leave & I did confirm with a manager that we would be able to do this should this happen (although she tried to re-assure me that they haven't had any issues so far - yeah right!). Even at $150, it's still less than what our area photographers are charging for senior pictures so I'm hoping for the best. Wish us luck!

I'm seriously wrestling with this for similar reasons to you (although mine are not for senior pics). It is still cheaper than any other pro photography session, despite the increase and I was really pleased with ours from last October. Hmmm decisions. Somebody make me book it ... :lmao:

I'm seriously wrestling with this for similar reasons to you (although mine are not for senior pics). It is still cheaper than any other pro photography session, despite the increase and I was really pleased with ours from last October. Hmmm decisions. Somebody make me book it ... :lmao:

Not sure when you're going, but if it's after us (we'll be there 10/22-10/29), I'll be more than happy to report back on our experience!

Not sure when you're going, but if it's after us (we'll be there 10/22-10/29), I'll be more than happy to report back on our experience!

We're actually going before you (September 23rd to October 8th). So if I decide to go with the photo session, perhaps I can report back to you :goodvibes I just know I am eventually going to cave and go with it. I am thinking AKL this year since we did the Poly last year, so that they aren't too similar. Why can't I just make a simple decision about this. I know if I just book it I will be fine, because once I make a decision I tend not to question it .....

We're actually going before you (September 23rd to October 8th). So if I decide to go with the photo session, perhaps I can report back to you :goodvibes I just know I am eventually going to cave and go with it. I am thinking AKL this year since we did the Poly last year, so that they aren't too similar. Why can't I just make a simple decision about this. I know if I just book it I will be fine, because once I make a decision I tend not to question it .....

Hi! You said earlier that you contacted Disney regarding the Photo Session through a form online. Could you please post the link here?

I'm pretty sure that we aren't doing this, but I'm planning to have pictures done soon for my pregnancy, my son's 3rd birthday & Halloween & Christmas...so between the price of all of those sessions, the Disney session may still be a bargain at $150. Just wish I had a coupon :sad2:

It was so much nicer when I knew ahead of time with my coupon, the cost would only be $84 and I would get photos & the CD. Still, I paid $140 something at JC Penney last year for Christmas and didn't get a CD and hated most of the 5 pictures I got! At least with the Disney session, I was able to get about 64 pics -- and out of those, I'd say we had 8-10 different "locations" and maybe 20 different poses.

When I say locations, I'm talking about the BC beach, facing the BC, on the bench, outside on the patio area, inside the villa sitting room, in the lobby area, outside by the gazebo, and inside the gazebo. We also wanted to go out front by the car, but our son was starving so we called it quits for the session!

I'm still debating though -- I convinced my husband to take some pics of me & our son at the BC & on the Boardwalk with my DSLR & he agreed (even though he hates taking pics) since its completely free! So, we shall see what I decide!

I'd love to hear your experience with the new set-up but unfortunately I return from WDW the day you arrive!!! Please share with us here though once you get back!

photographymom517, I still need to book mine and hope it isn't too late. I just used the Contact Us link on the Fine Photography website but honestly, don't bother. Because when I did, I got an automated response saying that all inquiries are dealt with by calling ... and they then provided the number I already had :headache: I suspected something like that might happen when I hit the contact link to post my question and had to go through a mini survey procedure before I could submit my query :rolleyes1

If we manage to get a suitable time and go with this, I will certainly post my experience with them because I know first hand how beneficial it is to have as wide a variety of experiences to read through as possible, when trying to make a decision. Especially now that the session is substantially more expensive than it was last time we went. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!