Resort Parking AFTER October 2019

lynzi2004

DIS Veteran
i just got a quote from my TA and listed on the paperwork it said Disney would start charging resort parking for ALL reservations after Oct 2019. Currently the charge is just for those with a car, but they way it was worded made it sound like even if you came in on Magical express there would be a charge?? Please someone tell me I am reading that wrong! Lol. Charging for a car that isn’t even in the parking lot may be the final nail in the coffin for my DH!

Without seeing the paper work I don't think we can answer. If they change the wording to a "resort fee" then they can get away with that.

I believe what it means is that the UK and other areas that couldn’t initially be charged due to contracts in place will now be eligible to be charged-meaning now everyone with a car will be charged, not everyone period. Although I personally believe a charge for ME is not far away. Once there is an upcharge for every other way to get on property there’s no reason to keep ME free.

Personally I would rather them call it a resort fee and charge straight across the board. For as long as ME has been coined as “free” we all know the guest, somehow, is paying for this service. As someone who has never used ME it’s pretty irritating to pay to park my car, and also know that somewhere buried in my resort rate I am also paying for ME.

I believe you are talking about the TA that books convention rates. Those convention rates come with free parking until October 1st. After that date, the convention rates will have to pay for parking.

I believe you are talking about the TA that books convention rates. Those convention rates come with free parking until October 1st. After that date, the convention rates will have to pay for parking.

Yes that is who I am using. I didn’t realize those convention rates still included free parking. That likely explains it! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter