Resort only but have a theoretical ticket question...

daraweb

Mouseketeer
Hi All! We are booked July 3-10 at BCV and then WLCC and are excited for a resort only stay. We feel more comfortable coming before the parks and regular resorts open in terms of risk of covid. We are excited to spend time at the pool and either eat out of bring take-out back to the room, go for walks in the evening when it is a little cooler, etc. Basically we are excited for a change of pace and scenery and are ok using points for this type of stay-cation. REALLY hoping that resorts will have a pool open and some food availability even if it is not what we are used to.

We are also in a bit of a ticket-conundrum. If there is a soft-opening of the parks, we would consider going in. We are a family of 4 and my 17 year old daughter and my husband have active AP's. My 14 year old daughter and I had ours expire on March 8. We had an awesome 9 day trip planned for April and had purchased renewals our AP so we would have been covered for our April trip. Once that trip was cancelled, we got the renewals refunded. So, basically in our family of four, 1 adult and 1 teen have active tickets and 1 adult and 1 teen do not. I know that ticket sales are on hold AND that it is possible/likely there won't even be a soft-open. But, on the chance that there is some option for us to go to the park and we decide we want to, do you think they would work with us? Maybe if they look and see that we had purchased renewals they might be more lenient? I am sure we are not unique in having some sort of a ticket-story, and definitely don't think we deserve special treatment, just hoping they would try to work with us to find a way for the 4 of us to go in. I am worried about the possibility of 1 daughter being allowed in and 1 not. Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

THANK YOU!

I guess you are in the wait and see situation. Because you have a resort room during the park closure time it is possible that they could allow ticket sales for that time to those resort guests. Or you could be faced with the fact that only 2 of your family members will be allowed in. So you could either let the two of them go in and you go shopping at Disney Springs or you say if no one can go in then we all stay out. Honestly if it were me i would let my family member go in and have a good time.

You could look at undercover tourist to buy tickets. It looks like they still have tickets for sale. Those might run out soon though

Worst case if you buy tickets and there is no soft opening then the value of those tickets can be used down the road for another trip.

I am in the same situation. My friend and I are doing our annual 4th of July trip and will be at VGF from 3rd to 7th,

I have an AP but no ticket for her as this was always a resort only trip, If they do a soft opening, she will need a one day one,

Here is my hope...maybe, just maybe...they will allow those DVC members staying at the resorts during park closures a chance to visit for free..as it mentions that these soft openings could be a way to work out the kinks!

Worst case, we don’t go if I can’t buy her a 1 day ticket...Best case, they will offer us a chance to be the guinea pigs!

Hi All! We are booked July 3-10 at BCV and then WLCC and are excited for a resort only stay. We feel more comfortable coming before the parks and regular resorts open in terms of risk of covid. We are excited to spend time at the pool and either eat out of bring take-out back to the room, go for walks in the evening when it is a little cooler, etc. Basically we are excited for a change of pace and scenery and are ok using points for this type of stay-cation. REALLY hoping that resorts will have a pool open and some food availability even if it is not what we are used to.

We are also in a bit of a ticket-conundrum. If there is a soft-opening of the parks, we would consider going in. We are a family of 4 and my 17 year old daughter and my husband have active AP's. My 14 year old daughter and I had ours expire on March 8. We had an awesome 9 day trip planned for April and had purchased renewals our AP so we would have been covered for our April trip. Once that trip was cancelled, we got the renewals refunded. So, basically in our family of four, 1 adult and 1 teen have active tickets and 1 adult and 1 teen do not. I know that ticket sales are on hold AND that it is possible/likely there won't even be a soft-open. But, on the chance that there is some option for us to go to the park and we decide we want to, do you think they would work with us? Maybe if they look and see that we had purchased renewals they might be more lenient? I am sure we are not unique in having some sort of a ticket-story, and definitely don't think we deserve special treatment, just hoping they would try to work with us to find a way for the 4 of us to go in. I am worried about the possibility of 1 daughter being allowed in and 1 not. Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

THANK YOU!
Would you want a DVC Gold pass? If so, there have been reports of a successful purchase (online) yesterday or perhaps the day before. Worth a try. If you don't activate it on the December trip, it will just stay i your account waiting until you do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter