Resort Hopping :)

abbychamber

Earning My Ears
I'm SO excited to be visiting Disney this February (about a month from now!!). While I've been a few times and am familiar with the parks, I'd like to change things up this time and do some resort hopping!

I'm staying at Coronado Springs, but have only ever stayed at (or been to) the All Stars. I'd LOVE to see some of the other resorts!!

So, tell me.... what are your favorite resorts to hop to, and what are your favorite things to do there? Also, if I'm staying on property but staying at a different resort, are there limitations as to what I can access... for example, can I use the pool and other accommodations?

IMO, if you haven't already seen the Grand Canyon Concourse at CR -it's a must! The lobby at the GF is also pretty epic, IMO. As far as the pools, Disney used to allow "pool hopping", but they are now prohibiting it and checking magic bands.

IMO, if you haven't already seen the Grand Canyon Concourse at CR -it's a must! The lobby at the GF is also pretty epic, IMO. As far as the pools, Disney used to allow "pool hopping", but they are now prohibiting it and checking magic bands.

Awesome! Thanks for the advice. Other than pools, are there any other features of resorts that are "off-limits" if you're not staying at the resort?

The fitness rooms, AFAIK, with the exception of Poly guests using GF's facilities. Really, I think they more than welcome anything you pay separately for, like dining, spa, boating, etc.

Wilderness Lodge. If you haven't been, you need to go. The lobby and surrounding buildings are impressive. Pictures/Video don't do it justice. Also Animal Kingdom Lodge.

The easiest ways to do it are:

Get to MK, hop on a boat to WL Explore the resort and hop on the boat to CR, rinse repeat then hop on the monorail Poly, rinse repeat and hop on the monorail or walk to GF. According to what time of day you are doing it you can bar hop or have lunch at one of the resorts. Then either monorail or boat back to MK.

Or do an Epcot resort hop:
Hop on a bus to HS, walk or boat to BW, again wander around the resort, walk around the boardwalk toward Epcot and veer to BC, rinse repeat and walk over to YC, rinse repeat. Walk over to Swan/Dolphin. Now here you can actually use their pools. Walk back to HS and hop on the bus.

To tour AKL you have to first go to a park and catch a bus.

To do values and moderates, I go to a park and get on the first bus to any resort that arrives. Go tour the resort, maybe have lunch and then I hop on the first park bus to arrive.

You won't be able to use the pools at other resorts, unless you are staying at Port Orleans Riverside, or Port Orleans French Quarter, as these resorts, though separate, do allow the use of both feature pools and quiet pools to those staying at either resort.
My favorite resorts to visit are:
* The Grand Floridian - I use bus transportation to MK then arrive by boat and leave by monorail. Listen to live music in the gorgeous lobby, have formal Tea, dine in one of their 4 restaurants or quick serve, watch the fireworks and the electric water parade from the boat landing.

* The Animal Kingdom Lodge - tour and sit in the beautiful lobby including roap bridge and water feature, go out to the Savanah viewing area to see giraffes, zebras, and other animals, (The guides will answer questions and loan you night vision goggles), take the free tour of Boma and Jiko restaurants including tastings of soup, zebra dome cakes, and breads. Boma has an excellent dinner buffet.

*The Wilderness Lodge- arrive by boat after taking bus transportation to MK.
Tour the grand lobby. It reminds me of Old Faithful Lodge at Yellowstone National Park, and just outside there is even a geyser. Make sure to ask for ketchup at the restaurant.

*Epcot area resorts including Yacht and Beach Club resorts, The Boardwalk, and Swan and Dolphin resorts - take the bus to Hollywood Studios and walk over to the boat launch area. The boat will stop at each resort. You can get on and off the boat or just walk between resorts and visit all the beautiful lobbies. The boardwalk area has many restaurants, shops, and things to do.

*Port Orleans Riverside- arrive by boat from the Marketplace dock in Disney Springs. Stroll the beautiful grounds along the Riverside walkways. Take a horse and buggy ride, go fishing at the fishing hole, eat at one of the best quick serve restaurants on property.

This list ought to keep you busy for two or three days. Enjoy!

The monorail resorts, Wilderness Lodge, and AKL.. You can walk around, shop and eat at each of them!! Have fun

You won't be able to use the pools as others have said but with the exception of Beach/Yacht Club the other hotels have allowed me into the pool areas to check them out and take pictures. I do a day of resort hopping every vacation. The deluxe hotels are worth the trip and we are staying at AKL in June because of the way they treated me when I hopped there. After talking to CM's they encouraged me to do some of the hotel activities and were just really nice. Plus I love eating at Boma's.

Resort hopping is so much fun! Along with suggestions above, we also take our Kindles and hang out in the lobbies of the Deluxe resorts, have a beverage (adult or otherwise) and enjoy the atmosphere. DW even catches a nap on occasion.

I recommend one of the Port Orleans resort. Both resorts allow you to pool hop and they both have great food courts. And not to mention the convenience of taking the boat to Disney Springs!

I think you get the most bang for your buck touring the Epcot resorts. You can get a bus to Epcot, and scoot out through the International Gateway. You can walk the loop around Beach, Yacht, Dolphin, Swan, and Boardwalk, or you could even take a Friendship Boat ride around. I recommend going at night, so you can experience some of the activity on the Boardwalk, there are great dining and cocktail options at all of these resorts and they're all really beautiful to just walk around in and experience.

I'm a fan of them all! I like accessing them in groups that are easy to get to, lessening time to get from one to the other. So on the monorail line ( Poly, GF and CR ) and while in the area - WL. And then also starting at BW and hitting Swan/Dolphin and YC and BC.

Coronado and AKL are off the beaten path but are worth the visit if you have a car.

When we tour we try to plan a meal at, at least 1 of them, do some shopping and take lots of photo ops.

Every resort has a little something special! I like to break them areas up and visit 2-3 per day. Resort hopping on non park days is my favorite!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts