~Resort Decison....AKL or CBR??~

disneyworld!

<font color="87005b">Love, Peace & Mickey.....and
ok got the AP rates with AKL and CBR...should I pay the 300 more for the deluxe resort? I have never stayed at the AKL...I have no idea what to think of this place!!!
opinions please??
thanks

Never stayed at AKL, so can't help you there, but we have stayed at CBR, and we really liked it. The theming is entirely different at both places - so I guess it's all in what appeals to you more. Jamaica is the section at CBR that I personally recommend. The resort is huge, but Jamaica is close to the bus stop and a quick walk to the main pool. My kids loved the pool. They loved the beaches. They loved feeding the ducks. We had no problems with transportation, and we would definitely stay there again.

AKL is one of my choices for our next trip though. I'm trying to decide between AKL, WL, and CSR.

disneyworld! said:
ok got the AP rates with AKL and CBR...should I pay the 300 more for the deluxe resort? I have never stayed at the AKL...I have no idea what to think of this place!!!
opinions please??
thanks

Hi,

We have stayed at CBR twice and AKL five times over the years. You cannot fairly compare the two.

CBR is set up like a motel. The door to your room opens onto an outside walkway. There is no valet parking and I believe Bell Services runs on a schedule. CBR is also large and there are four or five bus stops within CBR itself before you head to a park. Also, your options for a sit down dinner at CBR cannot compare to Jiko. There are no balconies.

AKL is set up like a hotel with interier walkways, valet parking, bell services and room services. You also have a fitness center and child care services right at the resort. All of the rooms have a balcony so you can sit out and relax. Your dinning options are also better. As the for at Mara is better than the food court over at CBR and Jiko is outstanding for a nice sitdown meal.
Also, there is only one bus stop at AKL so you get on the resort bus and head straight to the park.

IMHO is the $300 is not going to break your vacation budget then the decision to stay at the AKL is a no brainer. If the $300 is going to cause you financial stress in any way then go with the CBR.

thanks all...I think the 300 will be worth it. I am going solo, and I have never stayed at the AKL I was solo at the CBR last year. I think I will feel better being with my door..."indoors" if that makes since!
so pool view at the AKL it is!! :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter