Resort Christmas decorations?

tinkerbellybutton

DIS Veteran
Can anyone who has been to Disney in early November over the last few years tell me if any resorts decorated for the holidays early? We have been Thanksgiving week, first week in December, and Christmas week. We've been several times during that time frame, but never early November. Years ago I remember seeing the decorations going up during our Thanksgiving trips, but it seems they start all the Christmas festivities earlier each year.

There is the possibility that we will take a short trip Nov. 10-14. Just wondering if I should make time to visit a few resorts. We love to spend time touring the resorts during the holidays, just don't want to waste any time if they won't be decorated yet. Thanks.

Also, does anyone know if the trees at Disney Springs are up that early? We will have a free morning before MVMCP and just looking for something new to do. The decorated trees at DS started after our last holiday trip.

Can anyone who has been to Disney in early November over the last few years tell me if any resorts decorated for the holidays early? We have been Thanksgiving week, first week in December, and Christmas week. We've been several times during that time frame, but never early November. Years ago I remember seeing the decorations going up during our Thanksgiving trips, but it seems they start all the Christmas festivities earlier each year.

There is the possibility that we will take a short trip Nov. 10-14. Just wondering if I should make time to visit a few resorts. We love to spend time touring the resorts during the holidays, just don't want to waste any time if they won't be decorated yet. Thanks.

Also, does anyone know if the trees at Disney Springs are up that early? We will have a free morning before MVMCP and just looking for something new to do. The decorated trees at DS started after our last holiday trip.
There is a lottery system for resort holiday decorations so the schedule changes from year to year as to which one gets done first. Decorating begins as soon as Halloween is over. I know that the GF gingerbread house starts to go up in early November as we were there a couple of years ago at that time.

We used to always go to Disney during Jersey Week (1st to 2nd week of Nov.) and usually when we arrived decorations were minimal, but by the time we left they were in full blown decorating mode. Most years we were there while the lobby trees were erected and decorated.

We stayed at Beach Club once after Veterans Day and before Thanksgiving. When we arrived, the only signs of Christmas were some outdoor decorations at the resort. The parks were a bit more decorated.

Imagine our surprise when we walked into the lobby one morning and the entire area was decorated. By the next day, a gingerbread carousel and cookie kiosk were assembled in the lobby. Outside, even more decorations had been placed. It was truly magical.

We even caught a preview of the Christmas show on the castle stage. It was not a night for the Christmas Party, but Disney must have wanted to run the show. The holiday fireworks were also used, as was the snow.

The Christmas decorations are up by Veterans Day so you’ll be able to enjoy them during your trip

Last year we stayed at the BoardWalk nov 9-16. We were able to see the gingerbread house at the GF and our resort was decorated overnight of our last night, so we were able to see the BoardWalk decorated. Epcot was decorated during our stay, MK of course was decorated on arrival day, HS was decorated for their Holiday festivities, I can’t remeber AK.

we were at ASSp November 12-19, 2016. when we arrived there were a few decorations, by the 15/16th everything was done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter