Resort Choice- Alone During Day w 3 Kids

takemetomickey

Mouseketeer
2 days of my stay my husband will be working. I will be entertaining 3 kids by myself during these days. They are all little so taking them to the parks myself is too overwhelming and out of the question. I need a hotel with fun things to do, splash pad, zero entry pool so they can stay shallow and small water slides for little ones. I won’t be able to fully get in and swim because I’ll be holding a baby.

Caribbean Beach fit the bill but now I’m so disappointed to see that the main pool (including splash pad, little water slides etc) will be closed during our stay.

Choices are below (limited by availability). where would you stay? Please help!

Port Orleans Riverside
Port Orleans French Quarter
Coronado
All Star Movies
Keep Caribbean Beach even though main pool is closed

Thank you!

Last edited:
Is it 3 kids and a baby or is one of the kids the baby. I ask because if it is 3 kids and baby, will you need a room that sleeps 5? If so, options are riverside and Caribbean, or a family suite at either AoA or Music.
‘AoA has a great splash pad area, but lacks other things but Caribbean is a short sky liner ride away. AoA and a suite might be good with that many people if you can stretch that far.
if it is just 2 kids and baby then POFQ has great splash area and nice pool. Also has boat to Disney springs.
all stars (any one) gives you three resorts to explore with fun stuff for the kids. I haven’t been so can’t speak to pools.

Is it 3 kids and a baby or is one of the kids the baby. I ask because if it is 3 kids and baby, will you need a room that sleeps 5? If so, options are riverside and Caribbean, or a family suite at either AoA or Music.
‘AoA has a great splash pad area, but lacks other things but Caribbean is a short sky liner ride away. AoA and a suite might be good with that many people if you can stretch that far.
if it is just 2 kids and baby then POFQ has great splash area and nice pool. Also has boat to Disney springs.
all stars (any one) gives you three resorts to explore with fun stuff for the kids. I haven’t been so can’t speak to pools.
Actually 3 kids + baby + mom + dad = 6 people not 5.

So I would bet it’s 3 *including* the baby.

But couldn’t they get a room for 5, and use pack n play for baby?
Seems like, yes? But idk if it’s “technically” allowed because it *is* 6 ppl.

I mean, *I* would do it— we were a family of 6 and we brought camping cots to accommodate the boys who refused to sleep in the same bed as their brother.

2 days of my stay my husband will be working. I will be entertaining 3 kids by myself during these days. They are all little so taking them to the parks myself is too overwhelming and out of the question. I need a hotel with fun things to do, splash pad, zero entry pool so they can stay shallow and small water slides for little ones. I won’t be able to fully get in and swim because I’ll be holding a baby.

Caribbean Beach fit the bill but now I’m so disappointed to see that the main pool (including splash pad, little water slides etc) will be closed during our stay.

Choices are below (limited by availability). where would you stay? Please help!

Port Orleans Riverside
Port Orleans French Quarter
Coronado
All Star Movies
Keep Caribbean Beach even though main pool is closed

Thank you!
Out of those, French Quarter probably has the best kid area. I definitely would NOT do CBR if their main pool is closed, as I assume that means their kid area is closed too (in the same gated area) and the other pools are just standard pools, no real theming, no splash/kid are and the resort is VERY large. and spread out. Coronado is also very large/spread out. ASMo is fine and fun themed and thevdo have a splash area, but it's small. Cornado does have a kid splash area, but to me the whole resort seems more geared adults and less to families with small kids and again it's very spread out. All resorts have a playground which may help as well.

ETA: If you need a room that sleeps 5 (baby doesn't count as you can use packnplay) then Riverside is your best option.

Yes! 3 including the baby.

It looks like POFQ has the main pool under Reno too 😩
Keep in mind, when you stay at POFQ you can also access Riverside.
From January 2024 through April 2024, the Doubloon Lagoon pool at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter will be closed for routine maintenance. Guests may see or hear construction work during day time hours. During this time, Guests are welcome to swim in the Ol’ Man Island pool at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside.

You can walk, take the bus, or the boat over to Riverside! So the transportation parts are fun. Yes, you could stay at Riverside. I LOVE POFQ, it is small, short walk to grab food and to the bus to the parks.

Either POFQ / PORS will get you boat transportation to Disney Springs. You could also take the bus to HS, then ride the Skyliner over to AoA, walk around and see Radiator Springs (if you have kids that like the movie Cars). The Skyliner is easy access with a stroller, no need to fold up! Or just ride the Skyliner. (It does shut down in bad weather).

Based on your criteria, I would probably go with Riverside.

Port Orleans Riverside if the pool is open. They have five person rooms and a ton of stuff to do there. (POFQ does not have 5 person rooms.). However, the resort is legitimately very spread out. So either pay more for a room that’s more central or ask for it when you check in. And if you get bored you can take a boat over to Disney Springs.

I think I'd go for Riverside. We stayed there when DS was about 5, and I remember watching bunnies on the lawn and stuff in our downtime. The boat to Disney Springs is really convenient (and you could even just "round trip" it if hauling three little ones around the Springs is too much). We also liked that there was both a food court and a full restaurant right there. And the playground looks good as well:

1705584588175.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter