Resort Change by Disney

I don't think they would confirm if your resort is closed no? maybe that happens when you confirm the computer or rep would assign you to that new hotel and offer you some price of a difference (this is my assumption) maybe give it to you gratis or discounted too.

I think they are really trying to tell people you will have a reservation spot but it won’t be of your choice like your stay at CBR gets changed to POP and you get a refund but have no say in the Change also you could go form ASM to AKL

I think they are really trying to tell people you will have a reservation spot but it won’t be of your choice like your stay at CBR gets changed to POP and you get a refund but have no say in the Change also you could go form ASM to AKL
that would be a heck of an upgrade :)
But that is a good point I wonder if its a resort you didn't want you could then cancel sort of thing.

So, going by that, I see no reason for Disney to have canceled my reservation. The only thing I can come up with is that they saw a room that sleeps 5 with only 2 people in it and canceled to move someone else into it. Or, TA did indeed cancel it. It was in my MDE, Disney had a way to contact me. I'm still pretty sad lol

wait so they are going to take my club room at poly and upgrade/move me to a dvc club room is that what you mean?

I doubt it. The only DVC club level rooms are at AKL Jambo. Jambo is the only DVC resort that is not expected to open with the rest of them.

Maybe everybody here knows this, but if you are going to accept an offer to be moved to a DVC room, please be sure you know what the bed configuration is for the new room. DVC sleep surfaces are not necessarily beds. Could be a sofabed, a sleep chair, or a bed that pulls down from the wall. Sizes of the sleeping surfaces also vary.

As PP said, the only DVC Club Level is 5 studios and 5 one-bedrooms at Animal Kingdom Lodge’s Jambo House.

Maybe everybody here knows this, but if you are going to accept an offer to be moved to a DVC room, please be sure you know what the bed configuration is for the new room. DVC sleep surfaces are not necessarily beds. Could be a sofabed, a sleep chair, or a bed that pulls down from the wall. Sizes of the sleeping surfaces also vary.

As PP said, the only DVC Club Level is 5 studios and 5 one-bedrooms at Animal Kingdom Lodge’s Jambo House.
good to know thanks ill do that with my follow up email with my dreams agent.

wait so they are going to take my club room at poly and upgrade/move me to a dvc club room is that what you mean?

CL is not being offered, If you are at Poly before July 4th but after June 22nd, and you want to keep your trip, they will move you somewhere in DVC...but you’d have no choice where.

CL is not being offered, If you are at Poly before July 4th but after June 22nd, and you want to keep your trip, they will move you somewhere in DVC...but you’d have no choice where.
yeah I get that I just paid more for it so Im curious about a refund for that portion.
If its not the poly can I deny it or you are saying I might not have a choice? if not I may take my money back lol

I have a question and don’t know if I missed it earlier in the thread or it hasn’t been asked. I booked a room through expedia at Grand Destino tower during the week of September 20-27. As I understand it, the NBA is probably going to be using that resort there during those dates. I have the reservation linked on MDE, have added park tickets, and mickey’s not so scary tickets. Would I be moved, or because technically it’s a third party booking will it be handled differently?

ok but I can't remember the premium I paid for the club I assume they give me a credit or something no?

I think you will be moved to a room of equivalent value and not necessarily refunded...but, unless you decide you are still going without parks open, you won’t know until you confirm and see where they send you and if it includes a refund.

Of course, if you are not happy of where you are going, then you cancel.

I have a question and don’t know if I missed it earlier in the thread or it hasn’t been asked. I booked a room through expedia at Grand Destino tower during the week of September 20-27. As I understand it, the NBA is probably going to be using that resort there during those dates. I have the reservation linked on MDE, have added park tickets, and mickey’s not so scary tickets. Would I be moved, or because technically it’s a third party booking will it be handled differently?
I would guess the later but once NBA announces it I'm sure they will reach out? at least I think so. Was the price that much cheaper on Expedia?

I think you will be moved to a room of equivalent value and not necessarily refunded...but, unless you decide you are still going without parks open, you won’t know until you confirm and see where they send you.

Of course, if you are not happy of where you are going, then you cancel.
yeah I just paid I want to say 20% more to get the amenities if that makes sense well see what my TA says I guess.

I would guess the later but once NBA announces it I'm sure they will reach out? at least I think so. Was the price that much cheaper on Expedia?
I don’t recall the specific difference, but it was a considerable difference.

So, going by that, I see no reason for Disney to have canceled my reservation. The only thing I can come up with is that they saw a room that sleeps 5 with only 2 people in it and canceled to move someone else into it. Or, TA did indeed cancel it. It was in my MDE, Disney had a way to contact me. I'm still pretty sad lol
I’m sad for you 😕 I don’t understand why you were just outright cancelled.

Can anyone who has been in touch with a TA maybe clarify whether the amenities they’re talking about missing (especially club level) are supposed to be unavailable during the June 22-July 4 period, or is this for all bookings going forward for an indeterminate amount of time?

Can anyone who has been in touch with a TA maybe clarify whether the amenities they’re talking about missing (especially club level) are supposed to be unavailable during the June 22-July 4 period, or is this for all bookings going forward for an indeterminate amount of time?
All bookings moving forward until they announce otherwise.

All bookings moving forward until they announce otherwise.
I think they also meant things like restaurant lists pools etc I think we still need to wait and see or is there another magical information we can pick your brains over and thanks to everyone who has helped on this thread really appreciate it.

I can’t work out why my reservation was cancelled either. Still no communication from WDW about it.

I am so sorry for both of you that had your reservations cancelled. Much as I think Disney has done things wrong, I don’t think they would’ve ever done that. I’d be looking at your TA. It sure sounds like they screwed up. Fingers crossed for you that Disney makes it right.

Well, this still leaves me wondering about my non-DVC deluxe reservation at the end of July...I'm feeling very confused about all this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!