Resort Change by Disney

SIL and I have a trip planned for February, and when I booked our rooms I booked ASMo for 3 nights (Thursday-Sunday) and then also booked CBR for Friday-Sunday. I literally booked ASMo because I figured they reopen would get bumped and we might be able to get an upgrade to CBR. I looked at the website today for the first time in months and saw that my suspicion was correct. Now. Do I call and see where they want to reassign us sooner, or wait until we are closer and hope pop and AoA are booked ? 😂
Honestly I would just call so you know ahead of time. You most likely will be moved to Pop or AoA since its the same category and February is wide open for reservations.

SIL and I have a trip planned for February, and when I booked our rooms I booked ASMo for 3 nights (Thursday-Sunday) and then also booked CBR for Friday-Sunday. I literally booked ASMo because I figured they reopen would get bumped and we might be able to get an upgrade to CBR. I looked at the website today for the first time in months and saw that my suspicion was correct. Now. Do I call and see where they want to reassign us sooner, or wait until we are closer and hope pop and AoA are booked ? 😂
It seemed to me that when they were first moving reservations around to adjust to resort closures it was more luck of the draw.. but they seemed to have a pretty strict system now. You get put in the closest price range to what your original reservation was for.. they aren’t deviating on that. Hope you luck out though.. we were originally booked for AOA and were moved to CBR for our August trip.. it was my first time staying there and I loved it.

I just called this morning and we were moved to AoA, Little Mermaid Rooms. They were first going to move us to Pop, but I asked for anything but Pop, and was given AoA. For us, it's nothing to get excited about and I'm not sure if we'll keep it or not, but just wanted to let you know what our experience was.

We had some awesome upgrades over the summer/fall, so I'm certainly not complaining, but just nothing that cements the trip for us lol.

While I know some will be quick to yell about how it's an upgrade etc.; for us we really look at the big picture these days and just because it costs more doesn't necessarily mean it's better for us personally or that we'd prefer it. For us moving to Pop or AoA (regular room) from ASMo has a few pro's, but also some con's for us, so it's just kinda a draw.

I just called this morning and we were moved to AoA, Little Mermaid Rooms. They were first going to move us to Pop, but I asked for anything but Pop, and was given AoA. For us, it's nothing to get excited about and I'm not sure if we'll keep it or not, but just wanted to let you know what our experience was.

Depending on what your dates are, the main (Nemo) pool is scheduled to be closed for refurbishment from the beginning of January- early April. We have stayed at AoA before and really liked it (in the suites because of how many kids we have) but I wouldn't want to stay there with the main pool closed.

Depending on what your dates are, the main (Nemo) pool is scheduled to be closed for refurbishment from the beginning of January- early April. We have stayed at AoA before and really liked it (in the suites because of how many kids we have) but I wouldn't want to stay there with the main pool closed.
Good to know, thank you.

A few days late, but I got my call on Christmas Eve had ASmo for Feb. Was moved to Coronado Springs King Preferred, I told him it was fine, this trip is just me and DD and wouldn't be the first time we shared a bed or the last,lol! Hoping more opens up there food wise before we go, but if not we'll make do, just gonna be glad to be there!

Well I got around to calling Disney back today about our ASMo Feb. reservation.

When the rep. called me (on Christmas Eve) he said they wanted to move us to AoA nemo. I mentioned/asked about the pool refurbishment, basically my way of fishing for a different offer without coming right out and asking for it, and he said they could move us to Pop, but nothing about Pop excites me in any way. I told him I needed to talk to my SiL about it before making a decision.

TODAY, the rep i talked to said they were moving us to CSR (water view...had a preferred room booked as ASMo.) I gently inquired about the AoA suite since if SiL and her family were to do an on-site trip in the future, those rooms would be a good choice (they have 3 kids and we really liked the separate bedroom and 2nd bathroom when we had stayed there previously) and he talked about what a nice upgrade we were getting to a moderate from a value. I did not get my CBR upgrade I was hoping for, but it'll be nice to experience a resort I haven't been to yet.

I booked the Wilderness Lodge last year for January 2021. When COVID hit, they said it wouldn't reopen in January. They offered to move me to the vacation club side but only in a studio, which my kids would not be happy sleeping on a a sofa bed for a week. I declined that offer and moved to the Poly. Now the Poly is being refurbished and not going to be open so they offered to put me in a studio at the Poly on the vacation club side. I declined again because of the sofa bed. I asked what other options I had and she moved me to the Grand Floridian with the price protection. The GF was about 2K more and I do not have to pay it. Even though I love the lodge, I am happy being moved to the GF with the price protection.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!