Resort balance check-in

xipetotec

DIS Veteran
Hello, we are coming in to the All-Stars at the end of the month. It is a hotel room only booking, so as such I can't pay the remaining balance online ahead of time.
It does say that we will pay the balance on check-in, which is fine. I'm just wondering, I've done the online check-in already. And in the past, I had a "go straight to your room when it's ready" option and didn't even need to go to the front desk. Is that still the case? ( I don't see any indication ).

Also, I don't want the remaining balance charged to the same card that was used to make the reservation, so I *want* to go to the front desk and pay it off. I just want to be sure it won't be automated and charge the wrong card.

thanks

We just stayed at All Stars Movie and we did indeed have the option to go straight to the room. I opted to go to the front desk first because our room wasn't ready when we arrived. We were able to get a room immediately and during the process, the cast member asked if the credit card they had on file was still ok to use. Also, the final charge for the room balance didn't go through until after check out.

I also called in about 24 hrs in advance to pay off the balance. Though I was using a gift card, I’m sure you can give them a different credit card. But it seems best to just change the credit card on MDE as PP had suggested.

We just stayed at All Stars Movie and we did indeed have the option to go straight to the room. I opted to go to the front desk first because our room wasn't ready when we arrived. We were able to get a room immediately and during the process, the cast member asked if the credit card they had on file was still ok to use. Also, the final charge for the room balance didn't go through until after check out.
Unless they just changed, it has never been the case for us and we go multiple times a year. For online check in, we've always been charged the morning of. And you are charged during your trip for incidentals. Never in full at the end.

Unless they just changed, it has never been the case for us and we go multiple times a year. For online check in, we've always been charged the morning of. And you are charged during your trip for incidentals. Never in full at the end.
This has been our experience also. Balance has been charged to the card on file early morning of check in day.

This has been our experience also. Balance has been charged to the card on file early morning of check in day.
A hold was put on my card at check in, for the balance due (plus an extra $100.) That disappeared and the actual charge for the room balance wasn't processed until check out day. I just double checked my credit card account and indeed it was charged on the day of checkout, which was this past Saturday.

I know for sure the last few trips I have made that they aren’t posting the charge to my card until checkout day because I have been stalking my cc website waiting for it to show up as even a pending charge. However, I am getting an e-mail from my cc company each time that says “a large purchase has been approved” early in the morning of check in day. So I don’t know if they are just putting a hold on my card at the beginning of the trip or if it is the actual charge and it takes that long to show up on my account. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter