Resort babysitters?

milmore104

Mommy to 3 Disney Princesses
I was wondering if anyone has used the resort babysitting service? If you liked it? Our DD will be 2 when we go in Nov.. This is a suprise trip for DH's B-day and I would like to take him to a nice night out but... I don't leave her w/ her Grandparents very often and have never left her w/ a non-relative. I am a "protective"mommy. I am wondering if others have used this service? A little advice Please!!!!!!! Thanks in advance.

milmore104,
Can't help you with the babysitter question, as I am just as protective of my 2 yr old son. I am actually bringing my parents with us on our August trip, so that my husband and I can go out for a few hours one night.

I noticed you are from Massena. My mom grew up in Massena, and I still have an aunt and uncle that live there. The rest are now in Canton.
It's great to see some true Northern New Yorkers on the board!:)

akghutton,
My mother-in-law is suppost to be joining us for 5 days. But she can't make up her mind. If she does then FEW no more gray hair but if not then I don't know if I'd leave DD. After all of the kidnappings there has been lately? i'm sure I'm overreacting but you never know!!!
A personal note. it's great to have someone actually know where Northern NY is. When were in WDW and we say that people think Albany. We always say no farther North to the Canadian Border. I can't believe your from her though how great is that.

milmore104

We are thinking of bringing our teenage niece with us on our next trip. Our son is older, but not old enough to be left alone ,and we choose not to use the childcare plans at WDW. She will be confortable sharing our room but we will have to pay for a ticket and food. We will only ask her to stay with DS one night while DH and go out to eat and we will spend the rest of the trip together as a family. She will also love ridding the trill rides over and over with my DS. Not something I like to do. This is a favorite niece we love to spend time with annyway but it could be a friend or other family member. Just something to consider.

Jordan's mom

Honestly, the babysitting service is probably the one thing I will NEVER take advantage of at Disney. I was never comfortable with the thought of leaving my children with someone I didn't know. There are just too many weirdos out there.

An evening out while in WDW would be nice for DH & myself, however, my children are more important. We take our evening alone when we return from the trip - we need a break from the kids by that time anyway.

That is just my opinion. Everyone needs to do what they feel comfortable with.

We used the in-room sitting service in 2000. My sister got married at Disney and she chose to have an adult only wedding. My daughter who was 6 was the flowergirl so she attended but my twins were 2 at the time. We had 2 sitters for 4 kids. They were both wonderful. They took notes on all the kids. They also
brought age appropriate activities. We left a cell phone number with them and we checked in between the wedding and the reception since the reception was at the BW where we were staying.

This worked great for us! Everyone has their own opinion but for our situation this worked fine! I would use them again if I needed to.

You have to do what makes you comfortable. However, I would suggest that you go visit the childcare facilities that Disney provides when your child is a little older. They are fantastic and very safe. They welcome visitors so that you can decide how you and your child feel about it without any obligation.

We have been leaving our DD and DS with the Disney kid's clubs for several years. My kids absolutley LOVE going there and always ask me to plan a night for them to visit the club. They have a great time and quite frankly, enjoy the break from us too!

The thing that made me feel safe about them was that there are always several people around so that the likelihood of anything happening is definitely very low. I didn't have to worry that they were alone with someone in a strange place.

In addition, they have very tight sign-in and out procedures. Only the person who signs them in can sign them out and they DO ask for picture ID. I found it somewhat humorous since both my kids came running up yelling "Mom, Mom, come look at what I made."

We left our children 'in room' with the Fairy Godmother service when they were 2, 4, and 5. I too was hesitant at the idea of leaving them with complete strangers but really needed a night out. We have left them at home with babysitters so they were comfortable with being with other people. We planned it so that she would come at 8 so the kids would be ready to settle down for the night. (I knew I didn't want them to leave the room but the Godmothers will take them out to walk around, go the playground, get food etc.) The Godmother arrived, seemed very pleasant, brought crayons and other small toys. When we got back from Pleasure Island, the kids were asleep and the woman was sitting on the floor by the bathroom, reading by the bathroom light!

Fairy Godmothers only hire non smoking women. Why don't you give them a call and talk to them, asking about what security measures they use when hiring? I thought I read some where that the women have to be 'bonded'. Not sure exactly what that means but it sounds important! LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter