Reservations for AK Moonlight Magic

Yup, original dates are back up this morning?? Why are they torturing us like this:rotfl:

I just called Member Services. Now they have a recording: "Online booking dates for Moonlight Magic at Animal Kingdom will be announced in late June".

I just called Member Services. Now they have a recording: "Online booking dates for Moonlight Magic at Animal Kingdom will be announced in late June".

Yep, just heard that too. Was coming here to post. I never got through to MS though. Once I entered by membership number, the phone rang and rang and no one ever answered. I'll try again tomorrow. Just wanted to add a request to my reservation in a couple of weeks.

Just noticed the dates were pulled off again. Also, don't know if anyone noticed, but all of the event details were posted this morning too, like which rides would be open and the DJ dance party, etc, and now that's gone too.

Good grief this is getting ridiculous. Every time something new and exciting comes out (Rivers of light, this, new restaurant dining reservations, etc.) it is now pretty much guaranteed it will be accompanied by some stressful date and process bait and switch. Exhausting.

That recording was up over the weekend and almost certainly a result of the call volume generated by the last SNAFU.

I don't think it's related -- or at least promulgated -- as a result of today's mess.

Last edited:
I think the dates on the website are incorrect and related to the system-wide update issues Disney has been having. Trying to update the title of my thread to correct the dates but the DIS itself is not cooperating with me this morning! I'll keep trying.
All I can tell you Carol is good luck and Godspeed to you, you'll need it (as well as much patience)

I also noticed just now, if you look at the monthly calendar, it's not listed on the 6th anymore. But if you click on the event shown on the 13th, it still lists the 6th as a date.

Or...they could just quit stalling and open up the dang reservations!
Exactly. If they know the dates and times, which according to the CM I talked to they do, why delay? Just let us book so we can finalize plans. Then we will all quit calling and bugging them. :confused3

I'm just not quite getting this. I can understand not having minor details worked out months in advance, but when you encourage your customers to secure a room and tickets at least 7 months in advance, restaurant reservations at least 6, fast passes at 2, You ought to be able to decide on basic details such as August AK hours and Rivers of light schedules before late June and allow more than 60 days to book a special party. I just don't understand why they can't put together such rudimentary details.

I also noticed just now, if you look at the monthly calendar, it's not listed on the 6th anymore. But if you click on the event shown on the 13th, it still lists the 6th as a date.

I'm wondering if they are having problems with the 6th. Perhaps they are going to change that date. I'll be watching in case they do. We arrive on the 7th.

Now this...

Please continue to check back for online booking details.

has been replace by this.... " "

No reference of booking.

I can speculate as to why there are all the delays, but that doesn't help. Booking trips now is a full time job.

I'm wondering if they are having problems with the 6th. Perhaps they are going to change that date. I'll be watching in case they do. We arrive on the 7th.
Gosh, I hope they wouldn't do that at just over 2 months from the event. People have already planned around that date and won't be able to change now. That would be very disappointing for a lot of people, who did a lot of preliminary work and money spending, based on info Disney gave. I know they're subject to change, or cancellation, but a little notice shouldn't be too much to ask.

I'm doubting this is a date issue, I would think it is more of a volume issue given the new Pandora area. At this point a date change I guarantee will be a public relations nightmare.

I'm doubting this is a date issue, I would think it is more of a volume issue given the new Pandora area. At this point a date change I guarantee will be a public relations nightmare.
I hope you are right. Just don't know how long they are going to keep holding this off. First it was June 15, now later in June. They really only bought themselves 2 more weeks there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!