Reservations for AK Moonlight Magic

CarolMN

DVC Co-Moderator
Super Moderator
UPDATE: BOOKING DATES UNKNOWN AS OF 6/15/2017

From the website:

How to Book

Book online when your reservation window opens. An event reservation is required.

Members with Disney Resort hotel reservations during the event can book online beginning Thursday, June 15, 2017. Event reservations open to all Members on Thursday, June 22, 2017 at 9:00 AM Eastern Time.

Note: Reservations are subject to availability.

Important Details

• Reservations are required and limited. Unfortunately, walk-ins will not be permitted.
  • Valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card and photo ID required at check-in.
  • Complimentary admission to the after-hours event at Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park is valid for the duration of the event. If you wish to enter Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park before the event, valid theme park admission is required.
  • Offer is complimentary, non-transferable and cannot be sold.
  • Guests under 18 must be accompanied by a participating parent or guardian.
  • We request that Members cancel at least 48 hours in advance.
  • Event may be canceled at the discretion of Disney Vacation Club due to inclement weather and Guests will be notified via resort communication.

Last edited:
From the website:

How to Book

Book online when your reservation window opens. An event reservation is required.

Members with Disney Resort hotel reservations during the event can book online beginning Thursday, June 15, 2017. Event reservations open to all Members on Thursday, June 22, 2017 at 9:00 AM Eastern Time.

Note: Reservations are subject to availability.

Important Details

• Reservations are required and limited. Unfortunately, walk-ins will not be permitted.
  • Valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card and photo ID required at check-in.
  • Complimentary admission to the after-hours event at Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park is valid for the duration of the event. If you wish to enter Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park before the event, valid theme park admission is required.
  • Offer is complimentary, non-transferable and cannot be sold.
  • Guests under 18 must be accompanied by a participating parent or guardian.
  • We request that Members cancel at least 48 hours in advance.
  • Event may be canceled at the discretion of Disney Vacation Club due to inclement weather and Guests will be notified via resort communication.

...and tonight this page has been taken down and it is back to the original details coming page. On purpose or technology glitch? Who knows?

On the website this...

has been replaced by this...

Please continue to check back for online booking details.

Additionally listings of some of the open attractions and a section about Pandora has been removed from the website.

So has the date changed ??? I was planning to book on Thursday because we do have a resort reservation

So has the date changed ??? I was planning to book on Thursday because we do have a resort reservation
No idea why they removed the dates to book and some of the attractions that will be open, but they did within hours of the posting.

No idea why they removed the dates to book and some of the attractions that will be open, but they did within hours of the posting.
Never mind my specific dates for when to book have also disappeared. I guess 80 days is still too far out to plan for Disney these days. They're going to spring it on us last minute again.

Last edited:
I just spoke with member services. Used the opportunity while updating some guests on a reservation to ask about AK Moonlight Magic bookings. Told her I saw the announcement about booking windows last Thursday morning, but that by the afternoon they were gone. She confirmed that those of us that saw it weren't having the hallucinations again. The DVC CM said they received an email saying the information was incorrect and was coming down. She said all she currently knew was those of us with a current reservation would receive an email. So back to the waiting game.

I just spoke with member services. Used the opportunity while updating some guests on a reservation to ask about AK Moonlight Magic bookings. Told her I saw the announcement about booking windows last Thursday morning, but that by the afternoon they were gone. She confirmed that those of us that saw it weren't having the hallucinations again. The DVC CM said they received an email saying the information was incorrect and was coming down. She said all she currently knew was those of us with a current reservation would receive an email. So back to the waiting game.
This is what I was told yesterday too, when I called to add dining plan. She did say check daily just in case, because it will be soon, but that those with reservations would get an email link.

They said the information was incorrect and coming down, but could they at least verify that the dates of the 6th and the 13th, which still remain posted on the site, are correct? If the dates change at this juncture, it will be very disappointing, after considerable preliminary planning.

They said the information was incorrect and coming down, but could they at least verify that the dates of the 6th and the 13th, which still remain posted on the site, are correct? If the dates change at this juncture, it will be very disappointing, after considerable preliminary planning.
I asked this 2 days ago on the phone and she put me on a long hold and called and said most definitely those are the dates. The only thing up in the air was booking dates. I planned our trip around this covering both dates just in case.

Ugh. I just want to book. The party at AK is going to be our only taste of the parks on our trip in December. We are booked at SSR but not doing the Disney parks this trip. I hope Pandora will be open that night too!

Ugh. I just want to book. The party at AK is going to be our only taste of the parks on our trip in December. We are booked at SSR but not doing the Disney parks this trip. I hope Pandora will be open that night too!

December is the party at Epcot. AK is during September.

I asked this 2 days ago on the phone and she put me on a long hold and called and said most definitely those are the dates. The only thing up in the air was booking dates. I planned our trip around this covering both dates just in case.
Great! Thanks for responding. As long as the dates are correct and set, I can wait a little while to book.

Glad I received same info. Just called to try and book as I saw the dates earlier and didn't see a reservation option on the site. I was told the date was released in error and they still do not have booking information and that an email would be sent when it is available.

I went to the member page today the the note about booking on June 15th was there again.
I have a room for Sept. 13 so I should be able to book but I do not see a link ????

I am I suppose to call ????

I went to the member page today the the note about booking on June 15th was there again.
I have a room for Sept. 13 so I should be able to book but I do not see a link ????

Booking will be online only. Not sure if the booking dates on that page are correct or not since DVC has already stated the information was incorrect when posted the first time.

Booking will be online only. Not sure if the booking dates on that page are correct or not since DVC has already stated the information was incorrect when posted the first time.

I think the dates on the website are incorrect and related to the system-wide update issues Disney has been having. Trying to update the title of my thread to correct the dates but the DIS itself is not cooperating with me this morning! I'll keep trying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!