Reservation spanning 2 use years

elgerber

DIS Veteran
Tell me if I am thinking this through correctly.
Looking at booking a fairly short stay, that will span 2 use years.
It's not a rock solid trip yet though, so cancellation is a possibility.
To avoid having to borrow points from 2019 use year, to book the whole trip at once, I would want to book the first days using the 2018 points, then the rest of the stay that is in 2019 use year separately so it only uses those points? Then if I have to cancel, my 2019 go back where they belong, and are still good for the whole year, and 2018 could be banked if cancelled before the banking window closes?

You would have to reserve the two section separately regardless of how you maneuver the points. You book the 2018 part with 2018 points and you book the 2019 part with 2019 points. You can't book a trip that crosses the UY with one reservation.

You would have to reserve the two section separately regardless of how you maneuver the points. You book the 2018 part with 2018 points and you book the 2019 part with 2019 points. You can't book a trip that crosses the UY with one reservation.
Perfect, thank you!

And the easiest way to book it is to call MS. They can do it on one phone call and link the reservations together to so won't have to change rooms.

It can be done online but you will have different booking windows based on the check in date of each portion. And then you will need to contact MS to have them linked.

And the easiest way to book it is to call MS. They can do it on one phone call and link the reservations together to so won't have to change rooms.

It can be done online but you will have different booking windows based on the check in date of each portion. And then you will need to contact MS to have them linked.

Unfortunately there is a night missing for the last day of my 2018 use year window, so I have to wait for the 2nd booking window anyway.

Agreed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter