Reservation cancelled in system no explanation.

Yesterday I noticed by six night reservation for May 2020 was not showing up on My Disney Experience. I call and was advised there is no record of my confirmation. Is anyone dealing with this issue ?
Did you pay a deposit? If you have proof that you paid the deposit then I would go back to Disney with the information. If you haven't paid yet then I would guess that something when wrong and the reservation didn't go through.

It was booked through a Travel Agent so she is going to fix it tomorrow. Hopefully it doesn't effect my hotel because we are going with another family and their reservation was not effected.

It was booked through a Travel Agent so she is going to fix it tomorrow. Hopefully it doesn't effect my hotel because we are going with another family and their reservation was not effected.
She is going to fix it by actually making the reservation this time.
They don't just cancel reservations willy nilly. They do however, let TA hold reservations for a period of time while the TA gets back to their client to finalize their choice and then the TA pays the deposit that the client gave them. If the TA never calls back, the reservation disappears, falls out.
So yeah, your TA dropped the ball. I hope they can get the reservation back.

I hate to say it, but it was in fact the TA. Regular people can reserve rooms without paying a deposit right away too(at least you used to be able to if you called). You get a confirmation number and it can be linked to my disney experience. Your ta forgot to put down the deposit.

I can't blame the Travel Agent. I had a confirmation number and it was on My Disney Experience.

I've made reservations in the past and have been given a 3 day hold and had to make my deposit by that third day otherwise my reservation would automatically cancel. Even though a deposit hadn't been made at the time of booking, I was still given a confirmation number and everything showed up in MDE right away. If the TA made the reservation as a "hold" (as AngieTN posted was possible), you would have still seen it in MDE with a confirmation number. If the TA then failed to call back and make the deposit, the reservation would cancel and fall off. I hope things work out and the TA is able to get your reservation back.

Check you credit card and see if the deposit was paid. If it was, the agent can call in today and have that reinstated as then it would be Disney's error. IF your card had not been charged then the agent did drop the ball, or did not understand you were good with the reservation and she should call in the deposit. Either way, if she won't call Disney today to correct I would book it on their site if you can get the same price and call it a day.

Check you credit card and see if the deposit was paid. If it was, the agent can call in today and have that reinstated as then it would be Disney's error. IF your card had not been charged then the agent did drop the ball, or did not understand you were good with the reservation and she should call in the deposit. Either way, if she won't call Disney today to correct I would book it on their site if you can get the same price and call it a day.
Would that tell anything? I thought you paid the agent and then the agency paid the deposit. So the $200 would have been paid by the guest

Charles is gone ! I don’t think they announced where he went. Steve is moving to Salt Lake City.
Would that tell anything? I thought you paid the agent and then the agency paid the deposit. So the $200 would have been paid by the guest
Travel agents use the card you provide to them to give to the vendor. In this case, Disney. In the old days, they would use their own agency checks to pay but that was when people used checks regularly.

Time to get a new TA or book it yourself (it's easy! We do it ourselves) Hopefully your TA doesn't mess up your fast passes or dining reservations, as well.

Adding that a decent TA would fix it today. A reservation for May could be gone by tomorrow.

Travel agents use the card you provide to them to give to the vendor. In this case, Disney. In the old days, they would use their own agency checks to pay but that was when people used checks regularly.
Thanks. The only time I used a TA was in 2011 and they ran the card with their agency and then paid Disney themselves.

I can't blame the Travel Agent. I had a confirmation number and it was on My Disney Experience.

I'm just going to add one more thing. It sounds like you think highly of the TA. Maybe this is a friend or someone who has a stellar reputation as a TA. However, many of us here have booked SO many trips that we don't need a TA. We know how the system works. Disney doesn't make reservations disappear. That would be insanity!

We also know that a TA can't get you a better rate or do anything better than what you can do for yourself. That being said, I do think some people need a TA because they don't understand how to search for deals, how to prioritize fast passes, or are completely overwhelmed by the whole process. And I get that. It can be confusing and overwhelming. But at the same time, if you have a TA who isn't 100% on top of things, you should really consider finding a different one, or booking everything yourself. This person is making money off of your trip, and if they can't get it right, they don't deserve the commission. Because seriously, it's not difficult.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!