Resale to Direct Purchase Points Survey

Would you pay a fee from $10-$20 per point to change your resale points into direct points?

• Yes I would to receive all the direct benefits

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • No I wouldn't

Votes: 20 55.6%

• Total voters

JGINPL

Mouseketeer
Would you if DVC allowed it pay a type of fee per point to change your resale point to direct points? I for one would do this if the fee wasn't too high anywhere from $10-$20 per point. Just wanted to see what other people would do.

I also would just because I got my resale after they increased the direct purchase requirement from 25 to 75 to receive the full benefits. With my resale purchase plus the fee it would still be saving me money than what the direct pricing was at the time of my purchase.

Or I wish they would bring back the 25 add on for direct benefits.

Last edited:
I hope they’d offer this!

Though at the rate they’re going I expect them to increase to 100 points direct for benefits, or charge a lot more than $20 per point.

ETA: but yeah, if I could pay $20 pp or add on 25 pts, I’d be first in line!

Last edited:

I'm sure many people would like to save $60-$100 pp or so by purchasing resale and then spending $10-$20 of that savings to convert to direct status. They would still realize quite a savings over purchasing direct. But I don't see the motivation for DVD to give resale purchasers the opportunity to buy at a much lower cost than direct and still reap all of the benefits.

I'm sure many people would like to save $60pp or so by purchasing resale and then spending $10-$20 of that savings to convert to direct status. They would still realize quite a savings over purchasing direct. But I don't see the motivation for DVD to give resale purchasers the opportunity to buy at a much lower cost than direct and still reap all of the benefits.
Would still give DVD extra income that they were not getting in the past. Plus could also get people that wouldn't have bought extras like annual passes to buy passes. It was just a thought I had today, so wanted to see what others were thinking.

I voted no and my reason for this is that i purchased in 2015 - I have access to the perks that i want to have - shopping, dining, AP discounts, moonlight magic events. I could careless about cruises or ABD. But if i purchased after 2016 I would have probably voted yes.

If they were to offer this scenario then the cost per point to "upgrade" to direct benefits would likely be equal to what the current cost is direct - so if you bought OKW at say $90 per point there might be an offer to convert for an additional $50 per point. They wouldn't make it cheap

I think it depends on how many points you have. I have 250 right now so $2,500 for the benefits? Eh, maybe. $5,000 no way.

We won't have kids for a few years yet and the AP already barely makes sense with our vacation patterns. (Like to mix it up with hard ticket events and other Orlando theme parks)

So far have not had any Moonlight Magic events fall during our trips so that's not missing out.

Would still give DVD extra income that they were not getting in the past. Plus could also get people that wouldn't have bought extras like annual passes to buy passes. It was just a thought I had today, so wanted to see what others were thinking.
It would negatively impact direct sales well beyond any additional revenue they'd get. They won't do it at the rate you'd be willing to pay.

Right, the purpose is to sell direct contracts, not make a few bucks on the side. If they were to implement such a fee, it would be WAY more than $20 a point. (I'd say more like $75-$100 a point)

It would negatively impact direct sales well beyond any additional revenue they'd get. They won't do it at the rate you'd be willing to pay.
I don't necessarily know if it would impact direct sales. Like most people on here know a lot of the direct sales is from people getting caught up in the pixie dust while visiting Disney. The people that they would offer this to may never buy points direct, yet it would still be a revenue stream for Disney and possibly promote extra spending by those consumers.

I don't necessarily know if it would impact direct sales. Like most people on here know a lot of the direct sales is from people getting caught up in the pixie dust while visiting Disney. The people that they would offer this to may never buy points direct, yet it would still be a revenue stream for Disney and possibly promote extra spending by those consumers.
We'll have to agree to disagree. IMO, it would take "nanoseconds" for any offer like this to hit the internet. Pixie dust fades pretty quickly once you get home - we see lots of new buyers come here after they've bought due to "pixie dust". A surprising number of the direct buyers decide to rescind and go resale. That number would probably get close to 100% if they could rescind, buy resale and save $40 - $60 per point.

We'll have to agree to disagree. IMO, it would take "nanoseconds" for any offer like this to hit the internet. Pixie dust fades pretty quickly once you get home - we see lots of new buyers come here after they've bought due to "pixie dus". A surprising number of the direct buyers decide to rescind and go resale. That number would probably get close t 100% if they could rescind, buy resale and save $40 - $60 per point.
Thanks for the input and discussion, I am new to these boards but really enjoy the knowledgeable people on here.

Right, the purpose is to sell direct contracts, not make a few bucks on the side. If they were to implement such a fee, it would be WAY more than $20 a point. (I'd say more like $75-$100 a point)
That's about what I paid for my original points, even the direct ones were only $98 pp.

Didn't Disney suggest that they might allow that thru certain resale brokers? It might be a way to keep purchase prices up without having to exercise ROFR so much.

I voted no because I bought 25 points direct a couple of years ago which got me the blue card discounts, access to the member cruise (which we still haven't done, but will someday), and my remaining resale points are fully tradeable within the DVC system.

I'm sure many people would like to save $60-$100 pp or so by purchasing resale and then spending $10-$20 of that savings to convert to direct status. They would still realize quite a savings over purchasing direct. But I don't see the motivation for DVD to give resale purchasers the opportunity to buy at a much lower cost than direct and still reap all of the benefits.

I agree with this. It is possible they might allow to qualify resale points for a price, but it's not going to be cheap. I would expect at least $60 pp.

I voted no but that's influenced by the fact that I'm grandfathered in to all but the Disney Collection with my initial resale contracts. I have blue card status at all of my resorts except VGF, which expires only 7 years after my AKV contract. IMO, it's not worth spending the money considering that I will be 104 when VGF expires.

The only way this makes sense for DVC is where they need a quick hit of cash, either because their numbers are down for the quarter/year, or because some executive's bonus is on the line.

nope no thanks! we bought resale due to the amazing cost to be able to book DVC . Direct perks are not a draw for us

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter