Resale purchase, do we get a DVC rep?

amjrsj

Earning My Ears
So I had contacted a DVC representative before I began exploring resale. I was pretty upfront with him that I needed to wait until I had cash in hand to purchase and that would be late August/September. Well he never called me back, which was fine because by then I decided to go resale. However yesterday I got a call from Anaheim CA (the same # he had called from before). Do you all think he can see my deed? It was recorded Tuesday of this week?

I am just wondering if he is now my "rep" since I had originally contacted him. We were in ATL at a concert last night when he called so I didn't answer but he didn't leave a Voicemail.

I admit I have been hoping to just avoid him and get a new DVC rep, since I don't want to hear all the reasons I should have bought direct. I do plan to add a small contract but at this time I am not ready. I was hoping to do that in January while at Disney World.

Anyone else experience this, or is this probably just all coincidence? And if I think he can see it, now I am wondering if I should call DVC and try to get my login info!

Thanks,

My DVC guide called me the day after I was told my contract went into ROFR after having not spoken in months.

Coincidence? Maybe. A lot of people on these boards think it's coincidence (scheduled marketing). Maybe. But I know they do have access to every call you make, who you spoke to, and what was discussed.

I didn't like my first guide as he was unresponsive and told me there was no waitlist for VGF. So when I spoke to a guide who was helpful, I asked her to be my guide (sounds like there should be a promise ring involved, or something). She had to submit a formal request to have me changed to her. It was some sort official thing. Anyway, you can always ask for a new guide.

If you've ever spoken with DVC you have a guide - for life. If they retire or get moved elsewhere you'll get assigned a new guide.

It's a very rare guide that will call and try and convince you that you should have bought direct but they might be calling to see if you want to add on and get full benefits. Some will just call to welcome you home to establish good relations should you want to add on. That's probably as rare as one calling to tell you that you made the wrong choice but it can happen. I'm going to guess it's about selling you more.

If you really want someone different assigned just call MS and tell them you want a new guide assigned and they will transfer you over to sales who will do that.

Thanks everyone, he was really nice, I don't have an issue using him. I was just a bit shocked I guess because of the timing. I do remember him saying he would "always" be my DVC rep when I first contacted him. (promise ring anyone, lol). Hopefully he will call me back, since he didn't leave a message I feel odd calling him to say "hey I bought resale".

Thanks everyone, he was really nice, I don't have an issue using him. I was just a bit shocked I guess because of the timing. I do remember him saying he would "always" be my DVC rep when I first contacted him. (promise ring anyone, lol). Hopefully he will call me back, since he didn't leave a message I feel odd calling him to say "hey I bought resale".

I don't think he would help you get your login so if you don't have any other reason to talk to him now I wouldn't worry about it. If he calls back ok but no reason to try and reach him until you are looking to add on.

If you've ever spoken with DVC you have a guide - for life.

Aw crap.

I spoke with a guy once for a phone tour and he couldn't have been more disinterested if he tried. I had some very specific questions about the program (I was just starting to do some homework at that time) and he just kept telling me it would all be in the packet he was sending me. It was very off-putting.

I have to have this guy as my guide when we eventually become members? Gee that doesn't have me at all excited. Can't imagine how annoyed he will be with me whenever I have membership needs or issues.

Aw crap.

I spoke with a guy once for a phone tour and he couldn't have been more disinterested if he tried. I had some very specific questions about the program (I was just starting to do some homework at that time) and he just kept telling me it would all be in the packet he was sending me. It was very off-putting.

I have to have this guy as my guide when we eventually become members? Gee that doesn't have me at all excited. Can't imagine how annoyed he will be with me whenever I have membership needs or issues.

I had a guy like that when I called on the phone, then I did an on-site tour and liked that guide. He said "I saw you're assigned to ***". I denied knowing who that even was and my tour guide was able to easily switch me over to him. It did not seem like it was too difficult for them to do.

Guides don't usually take prospects from other guides, that isn't the way that it is done. If you made contact with a guide, it's only fair that they get the sale latter. If you want a different guide, call 800 800-9100 and request a change which will be reviewed by management.

:earsboy: Bill

Aw crap.

It is possible to get it changed. I'm not positive if the phone tour people are licensed guides though. Maybe they are more like the CM's in the parks and you actually are assigned to someone else. By doing the phone tour you most definitely are assigned to someone though. :)

Guides are just sales people. If you don't plan to buy any points direct, you don't need a guide.

As others have answered, you will be assigned a DVC guide after closing. If you have toured or spoken to one before, then you would be assigned to them. In my case, I had never inquired about buying direct, so I was assigned a guide after my resale purchase closed. My first trip using points he called our villa and left a voicemail. After that I received a few more calls on my cell and several mailings. This was more then 10 years ago. That has all slowed and now the only time I get anything from him is if a new resort opens. I have never communicated with him though or placed any interest to buy direct.

Can't imagine how annoyed he will be with me whenever I have membership needs or issues.

I can tell you that I have literally never needed to speak to my guide since we purchased. There are no membership needs or issues that are addressed by him. I mean, other than if I want to buy again, but we haven't fallen into that trap. Any questions about our membership and any issues are best and more adequately handled by non-guide methods.

Until it's time for you to buy direct, there is literally no need to worry about who your guide is unless you TRULY disliked him and want to switch.

No worries, because you won't be calling your guide when you have membership needs or issues. :)

For reservations, questions about reservations, your points, and how to use them, you'll call Member Services.

For problems/issues with your membership, resorts, etc, you'll call Member Satisfaction.

For questions or issues involving your loan payments or membership fees, you'll call Member Accounting.

Guides are salespeople. Unless you wish to purchase more points through Disney, there's no reason to call your guide. I've been a member for almost 17 years. I haven't spoken to a guide in almost 17 years, since the day she took the deposit for my purchase.

If you really don't like your guide, though, you can certainly call and have a new one assigned.

So, I’m thinking of purchasing the new DLR resort in future. The original guide we had, who was excellent, retired soon after and a new guy Rueben or something? called us. I said we wanted VGF or VGC and never heard from him again and months later we bought resale. I can’t honestly know if we would have purchased direct if he had followed up (this was when wishlists weee still alive and having no knowledge of resale at the time). As a sales person myself, I don’t feel like that person deserves our purchase in future. Can I request a DLR rep when the sales begin?

So, I’m thinking of purchasing the new DLR resort in future. The original guide we had, who was excellent, retired soon after and a new guy Rueben or something? called us. I said we wanted VGF or VGC and never heard from him again and months later we bought resale. I can’t honestly know if we would have purchased direct if he had followed up (this was when wishlists weee still alive and having no knowledge of resale at the time). As a sales person myself, I don’t feel like that person deserves our purchase in future. Can I request a DLR rep when the sales begin?

Just call 800 800-9100 now and request a new guide. We have a great one, conversation me if you want his info.

:earsboy: Bill

I called today about adding points, we recently purchased resale. Our guide is on the dream so they wanted me to leave a message and he would return it when he could. I asked them to transfer me to someone else and they did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter