RER train to Paris - Can you buy day of?

Safari23

Mouseketeer
I’m sorry, it appears I’m full of questions! So at the end of our stay at DLP, we’ll be taking the train into Paris to stay there for a few days. We just can’t decide what time we’ll want to leave at. We may want to stay and use the hotel amenities a bit after check out. Or go walk around Disney Village. Can we wait and just purchase our RER tickets day of, once we know when we want to leave? Either at the train station or online? Do they often sell out? Or will they be a lot more expensive that way? TIA

Yes the RER is similar to the Paris metro - its the extension which goes into the suburbs mainly for commuters.
Tickets are purchased at the station and can be used later that day or immediately - it will cost approx 7E for a one way ticket into central Paris and then can be used to transfer onto the metro part of the journey as long as you havent exited any stations before transfer. You may need to use your ticket to get out of the RER part of the station though so make sure you keep your ticket handy.
The trains from DLP run virtually non stop throughout the day til about midnight and DLP (Marne la Vallee) is the end of the line so you wont end up going in the wrong direction.

https://parisbytrain.com/

https://parisbytrain.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/paris-metro-map-2014.pdf

No, the RER doesn't sell out, with your ticket you can take any train back.
And you can buy the tickets at the train station.

Awesome! Thank you so much! We’re also buying Eurostar tickets and we’ve already bought those because I was told they do sell out and prices change. So I was worried. But I find it hard sometimes on vacation to know when you’ll want to do stuff. This at least gives us some flexibility that day!

Whenever I travel via Gare du Nord and take the RER back to the city, I take at least 1.5-2 hours. It is about 45-60 minutes but one time I got stuck between stations.

If you travel back the same day on the Eurostar, first follow the signs 'grande lignes' to get out of the RER station, and then the signs to Eurostar. When you are at Gare du Nord, you have to go up another level. There is a check-in area upstairs.

Sorry, I wasn’t clear. We’re not taking the Eurostar the same day as the RER. We’re going DLP to Paris for a few days. Then back to London. So I’m not needing to line up times. I just want flexibility the day we leave DLP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!