Requesting specific area on Flight of Passage?

LibrarianBecky

Mouseketeer
Listening to the Best/Worst podcast this week, they talked about how much better Flight of Passage is when you are sitting in the "middle/middle". I've never ridden FOP and have a fastpass for our upcoming trip. Can you request to sit in the middle/middle? I know on other rides you can make a request--you might need to wait an additional round of riders, but they usually try to accommodate. Is FOP similar--or will the CM look at me like I have two heads?

Thank you!

I've probably ridden it in every position and don't notice any being measurably better or worse. That's in contrast to Soarin where's there's noticeable distortion at the ends and some don't like seeing feet of others in their field of view for the lower two rows.

Also - the loading procedure and layout of FoP makes it much more difficult to pick specific positions. I really wouldn't worry about it.

Especially since it's your first time, it's not as if you have something to compare it to. Feel free to ask, but I also probably wouldn't bother, and like @DavidNYC said, it's definitely not as easy to pick compared to something like Soarin. Having also ridden in several different positions on the ride, I can't in good faith say one area of the ride is better than another. It's quite fun and enjoyable wherever you are.

I have ridden it on both sides and thoroughly enjoyed it there. I don’t think we sat in the middle but really don’t see why it would matter where you sit. I’m sure you can ask but most of the time I didn’t even notice where we were until I took the time to figure it out.

Listening to the Best/Worst podcast this week, they talked about how much better Flight of Passage is when you are sitting in the "middle/middle". I've never ridden FOP and have a fastpass for our upcoming trip. Can you request to sit in the middle/middle? I know on other rides you can make a request--you might need to wait an additional round of riders, but they usually try to accommodate. Is FOP similar--or will the CM look at me like I have two heads?

Thank you!
Honestly I think the guys on the Best and Worst made it seem worse than it actually is. I have ridden on both end, all three levels, and in the middle. While there is a slight difference its not major like it is on Soarin. I have never requested a special seat any time I have been on it.

My first ride was in the middle and my second ride was on the most extreme left. Both were excellent. I agree there's not a bad seat on this attraction, unlike Soarin'.

I've ridden it without really even realizing how large the theatre is, so based on my experience, position really makes no difference.

Well, I guess if everyone starts holding out for "middle/middle" seats, this will help the line move WAY faster for all the second & third class steerage passengers who just want to get on after waiting 90 minutes. The first class passengers can back up & wait another hour if they'd like. Wait... maybe WDW could find a way to charge for middle/middle...it's getting better...

I have been on this ride easily over 100 times and have been on every set the only set I do not like is the top row but even that is not that bad ( nothing I would say no too or want to wait for the next one I do wait for sorin for the top middle)

I have ridden the FOP multiple times and in different locations never saw any difference. Enjoy the experience and that you were able to get a fast pass. Its awsome!!!

I think it's an urban myth that not getting the prime seats means it's a bad experience. If you don't get front row seats at a concert does that mean you didn't like the songs the band played?

On 1 ride my nephew and I were on the top row and we both felt just a tiny bit queasy after that. The focus just was off. I've ridden it multiple other times without ever having that happen but haven't been on the top again. But for the views I wouldn't feel the need to wait for a certain location. There is a bit of a difference though IMO depending on where you are.

One thing that *will* impact your experience is how you look around the scenes - strongly recommend turning your whole head, and not just moving your eyes, so that you're always looking through the *center* of your glasses.
And do look around - interesting little things to see apart from what's right in the middle of your view.

I didn't like it quite as much when I was placed at the very left end of my row. But whil I ask for specific seats in almost every ride, after 5 rides on FoP, I still didn't figure out a natural point in the queue to ask for seats due to the loading procedures.

As a solo, I seem destined to be “stuck” on an end seat as we fill in the rooms. Never had a bad ride yet - though I have nothing to compare it to but the other end.

As a solo, I seem destined to be “stuck” on an end seat as we fill in the rooms. Never had a bad ride yet - though I have nothing to compare it to but the other end.
Me too! I have always been seat 16. Now - I have been upper, middle, bottom. I didn't notice a difference - and this last time - middle - I was asking myself about that. I tend to use the "leader" banshee that is around much of the flight as my point of visual contact for much of the ride (I get motion sick if I wander from the main sight line of motion much). I only tend to look around when the movement is slow or paused. I have never noticed a difference based on which level I am on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter