requesting a studio (dedicated or lockoff)

starbird

I've had My Ears since birth
Is it not possible to reserve a dedicated studio at the beach club? I know staying at BLT we were able to reserve a dedicated 2 bedroom, so not sure if thats different when staying in a studio.

Thanks in advance!

I don't think that BCV has a dedicated studio and it would only be a request if they did.

Usually Disney will build a lockoff so they can to maximize the room inventory. If a one bedroom with attached studio won't fit, they will put in a dedicated studio. I know that VWL has a couple with a dumpster view but that's the only resort that I can think of.

If you don't mind me asking, why dedicated?

:earsboy: Bill

They do have dedicated studios at the BCV, but I don't know if you can request one. I had one last week, it was on the first floor, close to the villa pool, but also close to the road.

I don't think that BCV has a dedicated studio and it would only be a request if they did.

Usually Disney will build a lockoff so they can to maximize the room inventory. If a one bedroom with attached studio won't fit, they will put in a dedicated studio. I know that VWL has a couple with a dumpster view but that's the only resort that I can think of.

If you don't mind me asking, why dedicated?

:earsboy: Bill

We just like not having the connecting door!

At the BCV, the connecting door is near the entrance. I think it's a better location than at the BWV or VWL where it's in the living room of the 2 bedrooms.

There is a total of 36 dedicated studios at BCV.
5 on first floor, incl one hdcp unit,
6 on second floor, incl one hdcp unit
8 on third floor, incl one hdcp unit, and 2 with pool view
8 on fourth floor, incl one hdcp unit, and 2 with pool view
9 on fifth floor, incl one hdcp unit, and 2 with pool view
All are located in the central part of the building.
Only 6 have a pool view
None of the hdcp units have a pool view

I have recently made a reservation for a HA studio at BCV and have requested a dedicated studio. I believe there is one of these on each floor, the other HA studios are lock-offs.

I have recently made a reservation for a HA studio at BCV and have requested a dedicated studio. I believe there is one of these on each floor, the other HA studios are lock-offs.

I had one, dedicated on the first floor. It was very conveniently located, near the elevators, so if the others are above it, they are in a good location.

I had one, dedicated on the first floor. It was very conveniently located, near the elevators, so if the others are above it, they are in a good location.

I'm led to believe they are in that same location on all floors. Our DS can be noisy at times so we felt that not having a connecting door would be more considerate to our neighbours.

I requested one a couple of weeks ago, but didn't receive one. The CM checking me in had no idea what a dedicated studio was. I wanted one so that it would be quieter without the connecting door. It turned out to be a non-issue - the adjoining door is by the front door at BCV, not in the living area as is the case at BWV.

I always request a dedicated studio, but I don't always get it. OP you are certainly welcome to call MS and put the request on your reservation. Keep in mind that you may not get it, but at least you requested it. Also keep in mind that any request need to be in order of importance. At the BCV, my first request is always pool view, then a larger balcony, w/dedicated last. This is probably why I seldom get the dedicated room, because it's the least important to me.

We had a dedicated studio, first floor, almost the last room facing the road...not much traffic noise, but would've been disappointed if we were staying more than one night... One reason we bought into DVC was for the Balconies...a must for my morning tea and breakfast and night time beverages...a patio doesn't do it for me..animals at my sliding door. We had a wonderful wood view at VWL on the third floor...suited me just fine, I felt like I was the only one around. A great feeling especially at disneyworld to catch some uninterrupted "me" time.

I always request a dedicated studio, but I don't always get it. OP you are certainly welcome to call MS and put the request on your reservation. Keep in mind that you may not get it, but at least you requested it. Also keep in mind that any request need to be in order of importance. At the BCV, my first request is always pool view, then a larger balcony, w/dedicated last. This is probably why I seldom get the dedicated room, because it's the least important to me.

We had a dedicated studio at the BCV WITH the HUGE Balcony! Once!:goodvibes

We had a dedicated studio at the BCV WITH the HUGE Balcony! Once!:goodvibes

Love those huge balconies at the BCV. I had a lock-off studio with the huge corner balcony...room 260! It really spoils you for the next room though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter