Reporting in 1/23 - Epcot (Anna/Elsa) and AK notes

we will be at epcot on sat. we had ADR for norway at 8:40 should I let my hubby just go ahead and get in line for A & E while the rest of us eat breakfast? or what would you suggest?

we will be at epcot on sat. we had ADR for norway at 8:40 should I let my hubby just go ahead and get in line for A & E while the rest of us eat breakfast? or what would you suggest?

I'm not gonna lie, but that would be a huge time-saver for the rest of you. (Sorry, Dad.)

Maybe the MDE app exceeded its quota of glitches for the day and shipped a few extras over here to the DIS? ;) So do you think you'll wait out the Frozen like at DLR? I think it's still been running around 90 minutes. If you don't have the Mousewait app yet, you should get it. I enjoyed watching time trends leading up to our trip.

Wasn't planning to, but then I showed the girls your two pictures. I'm so stoopid.

I'm not gonna lie, but that would be a huge time-saver for the rest of you. (Sorry, Dad.)

Wasn't planning to, but then I showed the girls your two pictures. I'm so stoopid.

LOL, you can always DIS while you're in line. ;) The good news is that their line at DLR isn't AS long as the one at Epcot. They meet continuously all day. But it ends at 5 I believe.

The bad news is that their line isn't set up to accommodate one person holding a spot. It's just poles and chains...... tight quarters.

Here's one more to seal your fate of standing in line:

Sisterly Love by mom2rtk, on Flickr

Now you're just being mean.

I have to keep up with my reputation you know. ;)

And it's only fair to add..... you can go watch Olaf for a while without actually waiting in line to see the sisters.

To the OP - Olaf is a talking animatronic in California.

1425555_10104512820638084_350153779_n.jpg

1604906_10104512820648064_342444652_n.jpg

Thanks Im thinking he can eat a granola bar in line right?

LOL, you can always DIS while you're in line. ;) The good news is that their line at DLR isn't AS long as the one at Epcot. They meet continuously all day. But it ends at 5 I believe.

The bad news is that their line isn't set up to accommodate one person holding a spot. It's just poles and chains...... tight quarters.

Here's one more to seal your fate of standing in line:

Sisterly Love by mom2rtk, on Flickr

Great pic.. guess we will be in line

Thanks Im thinking he can eat a granola bar in line right?

Hey, what's one meal? He needs to take one for the team. ;)

Great pic.. guess we will be in line

Thanks. It's really worth the wait. And it's generally less than 90 minutes there. Of course, it's 105 minutes right now, but their line is about to close for the day on a Saturday afternoon. I would expect it to stay under 90 minutes on a typical weekday.

am I the only one that feels a bit "ripped off" that we (WDW) didn't get an Olaf?

FYI we'll be in Epcot on Monday afternoon I'll swing by Norway a few times to try to get a feel for wait times / anticipated meeting times. I believe Berlioz said they'd be adding more evening meeting times on Sunday so that should make it .....better? or at least more interesting!

We were at Epcot yesterday and pretty much had the same experience as the OP.

We had an 8:10 at Akershus and when we checked in there was already one person in line!
We ate and I joined the line right at 9. I was about 5 or 7 groups from the cutoff. At 9:05 the 12 noon group started. I waited in line while DH took the girls to Future World. We were finished around 11:30.

I have to say that Anna and Elsa were fantastic. This is one of the best character meets we have had. It wasn't rushed and the interaction was great. I'm glad we got to do it.

Very interesting, thanks.

Soarin was 90 minutes at 9:30 AM!!
On January 23rd?!

That's just not right.
fast pass plus problems?

I don't know the answer, but I've been there this week several years and never saw lines that long during the week....this is supposed to be a slow week!

Wait a minute...we were there the same day and eating lunch at 11am and the Soarin' wait was 60 minutes then. My mom wanted to ride it alone so we checked.

am I the only one that feels a bit "ripped off" that we (WDW) didn't get an Olaf?

FYI we'll be in Epcot on Monday afternoon I'll swing by Norway a few times to try to get a feel for wait times / anticipated meeting times. I believe Berlioz said they'd be adding more evening meeting times on Sunday so that should make it .....better? or at least more interesting!

Eager to hear current wait times!

Have you notice the wait times for Maelstrom increased with the extra traffic for A&E?

Went to Epcot today for lunch - at 12:15 and at 12:35 they were putting people in line for the 4 pm meet. The 4 pm meet didn't exist when we were there on Thursday (they had a 3:00 and a 4:50) so that might be one of the new times Berlioz was talking about. I wonder if they are making the meetings more continuous if you know what I mean - just a theory. Will be there tomorrow afternoon as well and will check on times then too.

Went to Epcot today for lunch - at 12:15 and at 12:35 they were putting people in line for the 4 pm meet. The 4 pm meet didn't exist when we were there on Thursday (they had a 3:00 and a 4:50) so that might be one of the new times Berlioz was talking about. I wonder if they are making the meetings more continuous if you know what I mean - just a theory. Will be there tomorrow afternoon as well and will check on times then too.

I saw a post that reported there is no longer the 20 minute break between sets... maybe just a short break for them to make it more non-stop for guests.

I saw a post that reported there is no longer the 20 minute break between sets... maybe just a short break for them to make it more non-stop for guests.

I missed that post but IMO a very short break is a great idea and a huge step in the right direction!

Also noted that the curtain to the shop was much more open today. In November it was closed - nobody could peek in on the characters. On Thursday when we saw them one side of the curtain was pulled back. Today both sides were pulled back so the doorway had a large 'opening' in the middle. There was a rope type barrier there so people couldn't go in to visit the characters but they could see them and snap a picture.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!