Reporting in 1/23 - Epcot (Anna/Elsa) and AK notes

we are arriving on Thursday. We have ADR for Princess Breakfast at 9:40 that morning. What time can we get into the Worldshowcase area? Currently we have reservations for 4.. what time will the line start for the FROZEN ladies? Should I just let me or my husband skip breakfast and get in line. Don't want to spend all day in line there however my daughter is dying to meet them. So please give me the play by play on what we should do. Thanks!

we are arriving on Thursday. We have ADR for Princess Breakfast at 9:40 that morning. What time can we get into the Worldshowcase area? Currently we have reservations for 4.. what time will the line start for the FROZEN ladies? Should I just let me or my husband skip breakfast and get in line. Don't want to spend all day in line there however my daughter is dying to meet them. So please give me the play by play on what we should do. Thanks!

I think poor hubby is looking at a very light breakfast at best while he gets in line sometime around 8:30a, give or take.

I'm not sure if your later ADR will get you past the turnstiles that early, though.

QUOTE "CM at Guest Relations said that as of now you can just eliminate a FP without changing it / booking another one. So if you want to just dump something you can. Haven't tried that out personally. He did say things are changing every day. He also said that one day (not very soon he implied so not sure when) you will be able to book for different parks on the same day."

Very interesting! A step in the right direction. Both make a lot of sense. Anyone hear official confirmation of this?

Damn, messed up the quoting feature on my phone, LOL

Very interesting! A step in the right direction. Both make a lot of sense. Anyone hear official confirmation of this?

Damn, messed up the quoting feature on my phone, LOL

I don't have official confirmation from anyone at Disney, but MDE has let me do it for our trip in March. We only need one FP+ for our last day because we depart relatively early and it had me schedule three, but then I was easily able to cancel the other two, so we only have one right now. All went very smoothly and easily for scheduling (and the cancelling that I did) for our whole trip. I was able to schedule on Tuesday of this week, so that's when I did it.

Hmm so I guess that dream I had last night where we walked into the Nemo show (yes, I know, wrong park) and were surprised to find a 30 min wait for E&A will have to remain a happy dream. Ah well.

So if I moved to an 8am breakfast, got out about 9 and got in line we'd still be waiting until 11 to meet. Hmm somehow I'm thinking that's not going to work with just me and the two girls. Guess we'll be resigned to missing these princesses. :-(

not much new to report today - I did ask at DHS if we could arrange 'same day' FP while having advance FP already made for MK (we're AP holders staying on site). Nope no way no how was basically the reply. Not even if we used our physical APs - everything is connected. Only way to get FP at DHS would be for us to forfeit our MK FP

Went over to MK around 1 - good news they were running all 3 ferries. Went back across around 5 (MK was more crowded IMO than a normal Friday in January) - they were only running TWO ferries!

Jasmine and Aladdin had moved location - they were meeting in the area before Adventureland on Wednesday morning. That area is between the Crystal Palace Bridge - the entrance to Adventureland and the bridge that goes over to Tiana. Today they were in the covered area that is just before the Fairies (Ariel and Eric have met there in the past - when her grotto was down). Not sure where their official location is right now as their regular area is being renovated.

Loads of strange areas under renovation right now.

Spoke to someone this morning who could NOT get TOT as a FP early this morning. They went to ride TSM first thing then made their same day FP and couldn't get TOT for any time. He went and stood in the standby line - posted wait was 30 minutes.

not much new to report today - I did ask at DHS if we could arrange 'same day' FP while having advance FP already made for MK (we're AP holders staying on site). Nope no way no how was basically the reply. Not even if we used our physical APs - everything is connected. Only way to get FP at DHS would be for us to forfeit our MK FP

Thanks for checking this out! And thanks for letting us know.

Now the only remaining question for me is whether an offsite guest can get FP+ in two different parks in the same day. I started a thread a week ago asking if any offsite guest had tried this, and haven't yet seen anyone report on this.

Spoke to someone this morning who could NOT get TOT as a FP early this morning. They went to ride TSM first thing then made their same day FP and couldn't get TOT for any time. He went and stood in the standby line - posted wait was 30 minutes.

I'm really surprised by that.

I've noticed several mornings recently that Tower of Terror had a longer wait than Rock n Roller Coaster or Toy Story Mania.

That happened to us one trip when one (or more?) of the elevators wasn't working, so I wonder if that might be going on.

Thanks for checking this out! And thanks for letting us know.

Now the only remaining question for me is whether an offsite guest can get FP+ in two different parks in the same day. I started a thread a week ago asking if any offsite guest had tried this, and haven't yet seen anyone report on this.

I would love first hand intel on that (just because I'm curious) but I seriously doubt it. The way they have everything linked electronically I am pretty sure (let's go with 98%) that the computer will read the card and *know* the person already got FP in an earlier park.

Yes, to the other poster - the Komodo Dragon died a few weeks ago. :sad: We really liked him - so exotic. Personally I hope they get another one but only if it is one that has to be in captivity for a reason (ie injured or something). Right now there are barred geese (or something like that) in his spot.

I was too (surprised that the person could not get a TOT FP this morning) - that's why I mentioned it.

Basically - We met a really nice couple while waiting at the turnstiles. Helped them with FP decisions etc and then ran into them later at the Drawing Class - that's when he told me about the TOT issue. He also mentioned that when he got in line it was a 30 minute wait and he watched it change to 85 minutes in a second (so I'm thinking that there was a mechanical issue.....?) Maybe earlier in the day they knew they might be having an issue and stopped putting out FP? I really have no clue and am just guessing.

I know TSM was glitch-y this morning - we rode it first thing (no wait walked fast) and after almost every screen we had to wait with the 'zero' targets for a bit.

The Olaf they are talking about at Disneyland is on the roof of their meet & greet location. He is animatronic and has a variety of phrases. I believe he is interactive as I'm pretty sure I saw a little boy hanging out there waiting to have Olaf wish him a Happy Birthday.

Olaf's Abode by mom2rtk, on Flickr

Olaf Up Close by mom2rtk, on Flickr

We did the M&G with Anna and Elsa on Tuesday, it was an AM EMH day. I went straight back once we got in and I was fourth in line at around 8:15. By 8:30 there were over 10 groups in line. My husband did a few rides with the kids then he came and switched out with me around 9:15. We were in by 11:10. It was completely worth it!
They brought the ropes out around 9 and the CM's opened the doors right at 11. He said that two CM's came by sometime after 9 and took orders for quick service breakfast, and everyone went up one by one to pay.
I enjoyed talking to the guy in line behind us and my husband also struck up conversations with others. By 11:45 they were lining up in front of the church and along the wall headed to Mexico!
One neat idea for autographs was the Frozen storybooks that they were selling in the Norway store. Also saw someone with a print they bought at the Studios that they were going to have the princesses sign.
They were truly beautiful and elegant!! A highlight of our trip.

The Olaf they are talking about at Disneyland is on the roof of their meet & greet location. He is animatronic and has a variety of phrases. I believe he is interactive as I'm pretty sure I saw a little boy hanging out there waiting to have Olaf wish him a Happy Birthday.

Olaf's Abode by mom2rtk, on Flickr

Olaf Up Close by mom2rtk, on Flickr

Well crap, why can't they replicate that, details and all, at WDW? That's so adorable!

No worries, just noticed my name up there. Cool pics of Olaf!

Maybe the MDE app exceeded its quota of glitches for the day and shipped a few extras over here to the DIS? ;)

So do you think you'll wait out the Frozen like at DLR? I think it's still been running around 90 minutes. If you don't have the Mousewait app yet, you should get it. I enjoyed watching time trends leading up to our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter