Replace Tusker House dinner?

chele_24

Earning My Ears
Our Day 2 will be at AK and we will be joined by 2 other families that day (11 people total). Right now we have a Tusker house dinner reservation but the other 2 families don’t. Last year was our first WDW trip and we spent just a few hours at AK since it was our first day and we had been up since 3am. We didn’t love AK but also didn’t see everything. I’m thinking we might totally be done with AK by the time dinner rolls around. Is Tusker House worth sticking around for or would you hop to another park or DS? Our AK day is Tuesday November 14th.

With Pandora and Rivers of Light, you can easily spend a full day and more, if you want to do everything.
The food at Tusker House is good, but not memorable. If you are going to be tired, going back early and eating somewhere else may be more enjoyable.

Animal Kingdom at night (Pandora) is incredible now but their are other factors how old are your children (if any) and how important are Meet & Greets on our next vacation we are taking a break going back AKL to eat at Boma's and then deciding who will go back and who will go to bed.

Do you want to eat with the other families? I guess I'm not understanding the entire question here.

Tusker House is very good - the best character meal on property, IMHO, so, if you want to do a character meal, I would probably keep it. If you are on the fence, I would cancel it and just plan on QS that night or try to find a reservation somewhere with the other families. You could most likely get a reservation at Rainforest Cafe if you want to eat together (it's better to call the restaurant directly or get a Landry's Select Card for preferred seating).

Sorry for the confusion. I might want to eat with the other families.

We checked out Rainforest cafe last year and hated the food. I guess I want to kind of keep my options open but also give AK another chance! My 3 yr daughter is a night owl. We are staying at the Contemporary so if we go back, we won’t make the trip back to AK.

Personally we loved Yak N Yeti on our first first and are going back again this visit. Maybe give it a try.

It’s been a long time so I don’t remember exactly, but it’s one of the better buffets.

Have only had lunch at TH but I believe it's almost the same as dinner. If you think you don't want to hang around for dinner could you book lunch? The food is very good. We think it compares favorably to Boma.

We have had both breakfast and dinner at Tusker House. Most recently, it was dinner back in August and it was really good. I was surprised given that it's a buffet, but OMG, what a delicious meal. Whatever those spicy shrimp they have are, plus the collard greens, I think I ate my weight in both of those LOL.

Tuskers a favorite. I love curry and Indian food, and they have some on the buffet. They also have good roast meat and desserts. It is definitely a decent buffet. My husband, I think, ate about ten platefuls of food.

I'd say Animal Kingdom is a full day park these days. Don't know how old your kids are, but having them do the Wilderness Explorers activity there can help you find those corners of the park you might not have otherwise chosen to visit.

Not sure if you're specifically looking for a table service meal that day or not, but in my opinion, Flame Tree BBQ and Satuli Canteen are the two best counter service restaurants at any of the Disney parks. Easy to do a quick service if you're trying to keep the group together.

We didn't care for Tusker House at all. I much prefer Boma or even H&V as far as buffets go. In your situation, I recommend getting a Landry's card and plan on walking up to Yak & Yeti whenever your whole party is hungry. Satuli Canteen and Flame Tree are both excellent as well.

I also can't imagine doing all of AK in less than a day. Even before Pandora we would easily spend a whole day there between the shows and rides. My kids love the train and petting zoo as well, but we don't usually have time for it unless we go back a second day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter