renting walkers with a seat

LindaDVC

DIS Veteran
If my parents need a walker with a seat -- do any of the local vendors rent them. They prefer to walk but at 89 and 91 not sure of their stamina at Disney. I can bring one manual chair but can't push two. They don't like the scooter option even though I have been suggesting that they practice in the stores at home.

Linda

I don't know of any places that will rent them. And also it does not make sense. Just once time around the World Showcase Lagoon Promenade is over 1¼ miles.

And when my mother visited me a few years ago she was only 91. I "forced" her to use an ECV and even with the ECV she was exhausted after eight hours in Epcot. And she finally last year (at 94) got rid of her car.

Even with a broken hip a year ago Dad walks ALOT ! Often 5 miles. However with the heat and lines might need to rest. I don't think he would be able to easily drive a scooter!

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter