Renting Points & Some Aulani Questions

mrsxsparrow

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! I have some questions about renting points and staying at Aulani. We were DVC members for about a week (before realizing it wasn't for us – long story) so I know how DVC works. We also know who we're planning on renting points from. But... I still have some questions!

1) If we're renting points, we get treated as DVC members right? As in no daily housekeeping and free parking?

2) If we wanted to add daily housekeeping for a one bedroom, I read it's $45 a day. If we check in on a Sunday, and check out on a Saturday, we'll have to pay $45 x 5 (for housekeeping on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday) correct? Is this something we can arrange at check in or would we have to request it each day? And is it like a regular room cleaning – bedding and everything as well? Do they clean dishes with that or would we do that ourselves?

3) We're looking at a one-bedroom at Aulani. How are the pull out couches? Are they better than your typical hotel pull-out couch? As in, it wouldn't be too uncomfortable for a 23 year old and a 17 year old to sleep on for 6 nights?

4) What about the pull-out bed under the TV? Anyone tried it or know what size it is? I know it's meant for kids but would someone around five and a half feet be able to fit?

5) Is there a balcony connected to both the bedroom and the living room area? Is it just one large balcony or is it two smaller ones?

I think that's it for now. It would be our first DVC stay and our last big family vacation so I just want it to be perfect :cloud9: I've been reading Aulani trip reports like crazy and am just so excited to stay there! Thanks for any help you can offer :goodvibes

I can answer a couple of your questions, we have never been there and won't vacation there for a couple of years after the hype wears off and the CMs learn their jobs.

Technically if you are renting a reservation from a member, you are not entitled to DVC Member perks or benefits. No daily cleaning and no free parking.

The daily tax would be paid by you at the Front Desk.

You can pay for room cleaning per day for the days that you wish. Be prepared for the Mousekeepers to screw up the schedule. Anything other than the norm seems to confuse them.

:earsboy: Bill

I can answer a couple of your questions, we have never been there and won't vacation there for a couple of years after the hype wears off and the CMs learn their jobs.

Technically if you are renting a reservation from a member, you are not entitled to DVC Member perks or benefits. No daily cleaning and no free parking.

The daily tax would be paid by you at the Front Desk.

You can pay for room cleaning per day for the days that you wish. Be prepared for the Mousekeepers to screw up the schedule. Anything other than the norm seems to confuse them.

Thanks for the help. No free parking, even at the resort? I know as non-DVC members we'd have to pay for parking at the parks, but I thought I read that as long as you're staying on points you get free parking at the resort?

Thanks for the help. No free parking, even at the resort? I know as non-DVC members we'd have to pay for parking at the parks, but I thought I read that as long as you're staying on points you get free parking at the resort?

Anyone staying at WDW in a Disney resort gets free parking at the parks.

DVC Members staying at Aulani get free parking just like Members staying at BLT get access to TOTWL. Someone renting a reservation is not a member so technically the don't get Aulani parking or access to TOTWL.

That being said, I have had renters get access to TOTWL and renters have posted that they got free parking at Aulani.

I wouldn't count on it but you never know until it happens.

I can only comment on what I've read, but......I've read several posts from pepole who rented points at Aulani and they said they were not charged for parking. Someone said if you were in a DVC unit, there was no charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter