Renting out DVC points from uk.

Is it income? You are selling a reservation .... could be a capital gain. If you are not repatriating funds to the uk you may not need to pay any tax until you sell the asset and return the funds to the uk. Any further tax could be reduced if deeds are in joint name etc.

rent is classed as income by HMRC and you have a duty to report foreign income to the HMRC

rent is classed as income by HMRC and you have a duty to report foreign income to the HMRC
Agreed rental income is subject to tax, however in the UK you do not need to declare Foreign income if it is less than £1500 in a year and it’s not repatriated to the UK. For a couple you can have £3000 per annum in overseas income that does not have to be declared. That would probably cover most peoples potential liability.

But Is it actually rental incomes? We do not actually own any of the buildings at Disney and therefore cannot rent them out. We have paid in advance for vacations at Disney. On a practical basis you are selling a reservation to stay at a resort. That resort may not even be your home resort.

Last edited:
When I've rented I've done it directly & I put the money directly into my Suntrust account to cover my dues. Rented a handful of times over the years, I always stipulate a minimum amount of points I'll rent (I don't have the time to deal with multiple single night bookings), cash up front and no cancellations, never had any issues. It helps if you own at a sought after resort as people want the 11 months booking advantage to secure reservations they won't get at 7.

I've rented through here on a few occasions and through a UK site also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!