Renting DVC, staying at Bay Lake Towers and wanting to watch Fireworks at Top Of The World Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

evanstrouge

Earning My Ears
Hi, Heading to BLT and wanted to know any advice on how (if any way) to be admitted to TOTW Lounge. Some say they’ll admit entrance even though I’m renting points from a DVC owner (via David’s Vacation Club Rental) - some say they won’t. Any advice? Thank you, in advance!

Are you a DVC member? Then yes. If not, then no. Only Members are admitted--you have to show your member card to be let up there.

Hi, Heading to BLT and wanted to know any advice on how (if any way) to be admitted to TOTW Lounge. Some say they’ll admit entrance even though I’m renting points from a DVC owner (via David’s Vacation Club Rental) - some say they won’t. Any advice? Thank you, in advance!

You have to be a DVC owner staying at a WDW resort to gain access to the lounge. Without a DVC member card you're out of luck.

You won't be able to visit TOTWL unless you're a member or traveling with one. However, there are other viewing spots, such as the bridge from BLT to CR.

Here's the official policy from DVC's member site:

Disney Vacation Club Members staying at any Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort (whether they booked with Vacation Points or cash) may enjoy access to one of the vacation kingdom's most exclusive spaces: Top of the World Lounge atop Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort through December 29, 2018.

This perk is available for our Members and their guests. People who are in that Member’s traveling party and staying on that Member’s reservation are also eligible to visit Top of the World Lounge. At least one Member in the traveling party must accompany the group and present his or her current MagicBand or card in order to gain admission to the lounge and observation deck. A Disney Vacation Club Membership Card is also required to verify Membership.

So no, as a renter you will not be allowed access to Top of the World Lounge. This applies to all member perks, by the way, including discounts, special member-only events, and pool-hopping. You must provide proof of membership (in the form of the official DVC member card) in order to use the perk.

People are getting a little snippy on this thread. I think it is a reasonable question to ask (I opened this thread because I'm planning to rent points and wanted to know this as well). If you're not a member, then it is quite normal that you would not know the answer to this question.

People are getting a little snippy on this thread. I think it is a reasonable question to ask (I opened this thread because I'm planning to rent points and wanted to know this as well). If you're not a member, then it is quite normal that you would not know the answer to this question.

Yes. I was in no way offended by the question. Quite reasonable as the money you are paying to rent is used to cover the fees that pay for the lounge, and it's not like members are personally scrubbing the floors every night.

It's not really worth stressing about to get up there anyway. The view of the fireworks is just as good, if not better, from the beach of the Polynesian, and you can get Dole Whips there.

As for other amenities at BLT, such as the pool and free parking, you can use those when renting.

Yes. I was in no way offended by the question. Quite reasonable as the money you are paying to rent is used to cover the fees that pay for the lounge, and it's not like members are personally scrubbing the floors every night.

It's not really worth stressing about to get up there anyway. The view of the fireworks is just as good, if not better, from the beach of the Polynesian, and you can get Dole Whips there.

As for other amenities at BLT, such as the pool and free parking, you can use those when renting.
I was offended by the OP “wanting advice on how ...”, not asking if it is allowed. I read it as looking for a way around the access.

Really, the most likely way the OP will get into the TOTWL is the same way I did.
1. Rent BLT points from David's
2. Love it so much you can't imagine not staying there.
3. Check your savings account
4. Buy BLT resale
5. Visit the lounge on your next of many visits

For this visit, it would work to go to the California Grill Lounge. It has great views as well, and for far less than DVC ownership.

The only information that can be offered are the rules and being there are officially stated rules that is the only advice that can be offered.
Have people been allowed up that are not members sure its Disney... can someone say how they got up NO... you can stop by the CM checking people in and ask... the person should say no.
The times I have went varied from just scanning magic bands seeing how many was in your room and allowing you up with that many people to scanning the magic bands and asking for your DVC card to asking for the DVC card and ID....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter